Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sick of the Tom Brady worshipping

djprotege

He's a good young QB, I'm not taking anything away from his talent. But I'm sick of the media sucking his dick. Comparing him to Joe Montana? Gimmie a break...

If Peyton Manning, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, and a few others were on the Pats, they'd produce the same results. I'm sick of Brady getting way too much credit for the Pats success.

Originally posted by djprotege

He's a good young QB, I'm not taking anything away from his talent. But I'm sick of the media sucking his dick. Comparing him to Joe Montana? Gimmie a break...

If Peyton Manning, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, and a few others were on the Pats, they'd produce the same results. I'm sick of Brady getting way too much credit for the Pats success.

but if they didnt win as much- would you give the blame to him??

:bigfinge:

But maybe you're right. :D

Originally posted by djjonstephen

yeah.......we should give the credit to......

wait

what other stars do they have on their team?????? EXACTLY!

go PATS

Football is a team sport...not like hockey or basketball where a bunch of average to crappy players can be carried by a superstar to a championship. The Pats have the best all around team the league has seen in years.

Same goes for the Panthers...they have a great all around team. Look at why teams like the Eagles have struggled. A couple of superstars surrounded by average talent. That doesnt get you through the post season in the NFL. Tom Brady is one of the best QBs in the league right now. But it bothers me that they are comparing him to the like of Joe Montana and other great QBs of the past. Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if he's Joe Montan

Football is a team sport...not like hockey or basketball where a bunch of average to crappy players can be carried by a superstar to a championship. The Pats have the best all around team the league has seen in years.

Same goes for the Panthers...they have a great all around team. Look at why teams like the Eagles have struggled. A couple of superstars surrounded by average talent. That doesnt get you through the post season in the NFL. Tom Brady is one of the best QBs in the league right now. But it bothers me that they are comparing him to the like of Joe Montana and other great QBs of the past. Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if he's Joe Montan

comparing him to Joe Montana........its not fair

Joe Montana was one of the best ever.....its gonna take time for him to reach that status, but let me say this.....Tom Brady is a gamer like Montana was.....HE WINS

check in with the same arguement in 5 years and let Brady get somewhat of a legacy under him....its unfair to check him out with the greats this early

Montana was one of...if not he best....quarterbacks....ever......its such a tough comparison

montana didnt have all the flashy stats that marino had, but ended up with 4 super bowel rings. same thing you can say about brady, he doesnt have the flashy stats that a vick, trent green, or manning has, but he's 1 win away from winning his second super bowel.

i can see a lot of similarities between brady and montana but only time will tell if he's able to keep that consistency throughout his career and the pats continue to be succesfull.

...someone from the press asked Brady what he thought of people saying Delhomme is the next Brady...to which he responded..."Me?...who wants to be a Brady?...I want to be a Michael Vick."...you can accuse the press of over-extending who he maybe right now, even if his numbers in certain areas help support it...but the man himself is humble and realistic about the whole situation...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brady is a god :D

GOOOOOOOO PATS !!!!!!!!!!! SB here we cum ;)

Originally posted by spragga25

You put djjonstephen in at QB in that system and he'd put up the SAME exact numbers. If any defensive coordinator is smart enough to have their DB's JAM the receivers at the line, the Pats would get slaughtered, Period.

That will only work on offenses that rely on the deep routes and utilize a two TE schemes :tongue: . The PATS are a dump pass offense. The only time the PATS goo deep is when Weiss catches the secondary napping coz they presume the coming play is gonna be a short pass. The Pats are not known for putting up impressive numbers like your typical fun n gun Rams, but we get the job done.

Oh btw, its been so long since we last lost, I actually forgot how it feels to lose a game. Anybody wanna jump on the Pats bandwagon, drop an email or a PM :D

Originally posted by magellanmax

That will only work on offenses that rely on the deep routes and utilize a two TE schemes :tongue: . The PATS are a dump pass offense. The only time the PATS goo deep is when Weiss catches the secondary napping coz they presume the coming play is gonna be a short pass. The Pats are not known for putting up impressive numbers like your typical fun n gun Rams, but we get the job done.

Oh btw, its been so long since we last lost, I actually forgot how it feels to lose a game. Anybody wanna jump on the Pats bandwagon, drop an email or a PM :D

How so? Brady ONLY utilizes the 3 step drop...Jam the receivers and he'll get confused because he'll have no options after he drops back.

One thing you forgot was that the Pats have many weapons on offense...........on any given game, somebody different makes the day.. unlike the Dolts we just sent on vacation, they relied on their two pronged attack i.e Harrison and EJ. To add to our wide array of options we got a D that puts points on the boards. Brady doesnt get fazed easy, our O line is solid, Brady will have all day in the pocket to pick the felines apart. Even if the dbs try to jam the receivers, Weiss will come up with a scheme to get the WRs wide open. Cant play bump n run with the pats for long...... we are smoking rite now. Just like all the accolades to the Shams after the champ games when we last went to the SB, everyone thought the SB game was just a formality to crown the shams.... what the Pats did to the shams i believe is what you are implying, but i just dont see it happening. And besides 'Twan has suddenly found his running game (like he always does when we go to SBs) :D

• 2 weeks later...

we had drew bledsoe playing in that system and he couldn't get the wins that brady is getting despite the fact that he was always a great QB. brady doesn't make me nervous, i have faith in him. bledsoe used to make me very nervous. i will take brady over many QB's any day, he keeps his cool and makes the plays that need to be made.

if you were sick of hearing about this before you must be pulling your hair out now, you might want to stay away from espn :laugh:

I give credit where its due...Brady def. is one of the top QBs in the league and I'm willing to say that now. But the Montana comparisons still need to stop. Grandted, 2 Superbowls in 3 years is pretty damn good by anyone's standards. But to come a kid who is 25 years old and has a long career ahead of him to quite simply the best QB ever makes me sick. Like I said...talk to me in 5-6 years after he's had the longevity and still been this good....then maybe the Montana comparisons can start. For now he'll have to settle as one of the best QBs in present time.

if it makes you feel any better they have referred to him as 'potentially' being like montana and have also called him 'montana in training' so yeah they are starting to see similarities but i don't think anyone is saying that he is there yet, they realize he has only played 4 seasons and he is only 26 years old. he is definitely young and definitely has a long way to go.