Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tonight @ VUDU

Dude, iwas there for the beginning and end of the TRANCE night.

Ok i need to vent about this.

First off couldnt fine the place just passing it. No sign out front to really tell that it was there. Just some ropes and a big V on the door, but too many ppl standing in front of it to notice. NOT ppl waiting to get inside, but ppl just hangin out smoking.

Get in there, they were playing anything but trance, So i asked someone. They said "should be on at around 12"

Trance comes on, guy drops some pretty well known stuff. About 5 songs later, he's dropping hip-hop crap!!!:mad:

Trance while i was there lasted an entire 20minutes.

Just hope that if there were other ppl that went there to here this stuff got to hear some after 1am. I didnt stay around to here it get any worse than it already had.

billy

I was there last night, and I spoke with Skoof the main DJ/producer.

Management tried to pull a fast one on him, and switched him out for a hip-hop DJ...

He was majorally pissed off about this as it was promoted as a Trance event. About 30 minutes later he got back on the decks, and spun trance for the rest of the night. It was one of the best sets I have ever heard in NYC.

It's too bad you didn't hang for a little longer...the hip hop set wasn't long.

He had some words with the management and assured me that it would not happen again.

I am writing up a review of the night for raveclick.com in a bit, and I will post it here later.

if any of you went and then left because of the hip-hop you should give it another shot...it's on again this friday.

-Mark

MarkMarge AT mac.com

P.S. I am not affiliated with the Vudu lounge in any way.

DOWN WITH VUDU!

F*** asses tried screwing the addicted team...it was supposed to b trance all night..but last min they tossed skoof off the decks for a POINTLESS 20 min hip hop set....after that..skoof got back on teh decks and teh rest of the night was all trance..great set..lasted a few hours...the crowd was bugging out.( feel bad for those who left so early)..but i dont blame them at all..i would do THE SAME EXACT THING. for those who stayed..im glad to see that they enjoyed themselves..as for skoof going back to vudu..i dunno...rumor has it(from a freind of a freind of a feind).( u know how this bullshit works)..that skoof is going to bounce from that place..the venue screwed his team out of like 3 thousand bux..DOWN WITH VUDU!!..( i also have no affiliation with the vudu)..PS- did anyone else get a copy of sunset sounds?..that cd is freaking incredible

Originally posted by trancesun2

that skoof is going to bounce from that place..the venue screwed his team out of like 3 thousand bux..DOWN WITH VUDU!!..( i also have no affiliation with the vudu

yeah I heard that as well...Vudu lounge is POORLY managed....

Skoof will find a better place...GUARANTEED! :D

hi Mark :)

VUDU F*KING SUX...THE OWNERS SUCK. THEY ARE STUCK UP UPSCALE DIRTBAG CLUB OWNERS. TOOK ADVANTAGE OF SKOOF AND HIS TEAM. I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM. DEFINITLY DID NOT GO THE WAY IT SUPPOSED TO. HIS SET ROCKED..TOO BAD HE WASTED HIS TIME WITH THAT CRAP PLACE. NEXT TIME I HOPE HE CHOOSES HIS GIGS MORE WISELY..BUT EHH..ALL THE NYC DJS GO THROUGH THERE PROBLEMS. LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS...DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT HE IS MY FAV TRANCE DJ AT THE MOMENT(NOT COUNTING ARMIN,PVD,ETC..BUT THAT GOES WITHOTU SAYING)..BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME. AS FOR THE 2 HOURS OF MUSIC HE PLAYED..I ENJOYED IT. BUT LESSON LEARNED= NEVER DO BUSSINESS UPTOWN..NEVER EVER EVER..SCREW ALL THOSE HIP HOP CLUBS AND POSH VENUES, F*K THEM UP THEIR STUPED ASSES. NY DESPERATLY NEEDS A NEW NIGHT FOR OUR SHIT BESIDES ARC. EXIT SUCKS..AVALON IS MAKING EVERYTHIGN TOO COMMERCIAL. SOUNDFACTORY IS RETARDED AND SO IS THE CROWD AND ALL HIP HOP CLUBS AND STUPID BLING BLING WANNA B RAPPERS MAKE ME SICK...WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE WORLD. IM MOVING TO EUROPE AND I SUGGEST ALL THE DESCENT DJS IN NY DO THE SAME, THERE IS NOTHIGN LEFT HERE. SORRY SKOOF, PS- I LOVE YOUR LIVE SET FROM CHICAGO!

glad to see that he came back on. I wanted to stay a bit longer in the hopes that he was gonna be back on, but i was with a few friends from England that couldnt stand it anymore.

As far as moving to Europe, definitly agree. Hopefully moving to London next summer.

Good luck trancing everyone.

billy

bottom line management SCREWED the dj..the promoters and everyoen who worked so hard on this event. they used them. and i heard they ripped them off...the team putting this party together LOST money cause of those scumbags....the owner of that place is the same owner from club ny..(the club the puffy had his little trouble with)...now they are going to get into even more legal trouble...i think the addicted team is taking legal action.cause by that club screwing up the supposidly "all trance party" it compromised the legitmacy of teh dj and staff....but i agree with the ealier post..skoof is amazing that set that night definitly blew my mind....so i wish him the best. CHOOSE YOUR VENUES MORE WISELY!!..lol