Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attention downloaders..

djreiss

You know what...I have a fucking suggestion.

Go out and actually buy the tracks? How fucking difficult is it to speed down to Grooveman, Essential Groove, or Sweaty Juan's House of Vinyl, listen to the tracks, and buy it?!?!

or hit up itunes or bleep...either way, who cares?

Originally posted by pod

Go out and actually buy the tracks? How fucking difficult is it to speed down to Grooveman, Essential Groove, or Sweaty Juan's House of Vinyl, listen to the tracks, and buy it?!?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by pod

:laugh: :laugh:

Personally, i spend a few thousand dollars a year on music.

but im sure there are plenty on this board who like the free stuff.

Started this thread with the sole intention of maybe helping people out, but as usual, people have to be fucking assholes about it.

Yes, i down load an album now & then, and if i like any tracks, ill go out and buy them. I dont think i deserve being sued by the RIAA, as i mentioned before, i spend thousands/year on music & have done for the last 13 years.

i listen to Itunes allot, one of my fav sources of music and find myself constantly writing tunes down that i hear to go out & buy.

so please - save your fucking lectures

but one of the most disturbing reports i've read so far is this one....

WHAT IS THE CBDTPA?

The CBDTPA is a bill (S. 2048) proposed in Congress by Senators Fritz Hollings (D-SC) and Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), along with Senators Daniel Inouye (D-HI), John Breaux (D-LA), Bill Nelson (D-FL), and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA). The acronym stands for "Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act". Note that the CBDTPA was originally known as the "SSSCA" while in draft form.

WHAT WOULD THIS LAW DO?

The law would force all new personal computers and digital home entertainment devices sold in the United States to have government-approved "policeware" built-in.

This policeware would restrict your use of copyrighted material on these devices -- including music files and CD's, video clips, DVD's, e-books, and more.

WHO COULD GO TO JAIL?

You, if you're one of the millions of Americans who uses your computers to burn music CD's, listen to MP3's, share video files, etc. You'd face up to five years in federal prison and a $500,000 fine.

Think you'd be able to get around the law by removing the policeware from your personal computer? Think again -- anyone who defies the government by disabling or tampering with the policeware on their own computer, in the privacy of their own home or business, would also face five years in the slammer.

Since alternative operating systems like Linux and FreeBSD would most likely refuse to incorporate government policeware into their code, users of these open-source systems would also be eligible for hard time.

While I agree that the government and their tools at the RIAA (or vice versa) are going too far, I'm also a firm believer that file sharing is a detriment to the music industry...but at least if you like it, you go out and buy it :cool:

Don't get me started on government intrusiveness, either :laugh:

rooftops.jpg

Originally posted by djreiss

Started this thread with the sole intention of maybe helping people out, but as usual, people have to be fucking assholes about it.

Yes, i down load an album now & then, and if i like any tracks, ill go out and buy them. I dont think i deserve being sued by the RIAA, as i mentioned before, i spend thousands/year on music & have done for the last 13 years.

i listen to Itunes allot, one of my fav sources of music and find myself constantly writing tunes down that i hear to go out & buy.

WHAT IS THE CBDTPA?

The CBDTPA is a bill (S. 2048) proposed in Congress by Senators Fritz Hollings (D-SC) and Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), along with Senators Daniel Inouye (D-HI), John Breaux (D-LA), Bill Nelson (D-FL), and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA). The acronym stands for "Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act". Note that the CBDTPA was originally known as the "SSSCA" while in draft form.

WHAT WOULD THIS LAW DO?

The law would force all new personal computers and digital home entertainment devices sold in the United States to have government-approved "policeware" built-in.

This policeware would restrict your use of copyrighted material on these devices -- including music files and CD's, video clips, DVD's, e-books, and more.

WHO COULD GO TO JAIL?

You, if you're one of the millions of Americans who uses your computers to burn music CD's, listen to MP3's, share video files, etc. You'd face up to five years in federal prison and a $500,000 fine.

Think you'd be able to get around the law by removing the policeware from your personal computer? Think again -- anyone who defies the government by disabling or tampering with the policeware on their own computer, in the privacy of their own home or business, would also face five years in the slammer.

Since alternative operating systems like Linux and FreeBSD would most likely refuse to incorporate government policeware into their code, users of these open-source systems would also be eligible for hard time.

uhhhhhhhhh invasion of privacy anyone.... thats some fucked up bill :eek:

WHAT IS THE CBDTPA?

WHAT WOULD THIS LAW DO?

WHO COULD GO TO JAIL?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Big brother at it again? :rolleyes:

Another way for them to keep us in line and do stuff their way.

Yes, i down load an album now & then, and if i like any tracks, ill go out and buy them.

Hey, I'm an asshole about everything...so don't feel to special for what I'm about to do, ok?

DOWNLOAD THIS, BITCH!!! :finger: