Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how was SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by aystar

i was thinking before

how in the 70's at studio 54 the club made the club, people dident really come for the music, they just came cause it was the big attraction. with factory its the oposite people wanna come for jp, the promoters can put as many djs as they want in there week after week but people just wanna come see jp

so i guess its the dj that makes the club

not the club makes the dj

I'll agree with some of it.... but JP is not the only DJ capable of filling SF..... I'm sure if they booked some big names and promoted them properly people would turn out... I haven't been to Avalon but it seems they are doing something right by appealing to a wider audience.... JP back in SF is probably going to make sense financially at this point but it's just a matter of time before all you JP disciples have had your fill and move on....

I went to SF at about 6 on sat morning after partying at avalon (nice party over there;) ) and sf was def busted! first off, some guy called us away from the ticket booth in order to give us tickets to get in free. Never have I EVER gotten so much as a reduced admission at SF and now they're giving away comps??? the main dancefloor was so empty i was a little scared, the music was not really cutting it so my girls and I just stayed in the basement w/ cleveland, met a few people, saw some old friends. thank god we actually knew people there or else it would have really SUCKED! JP is def SF's only hope right now. if they know what's good for them, they'll do anything to get JP back, or they'll just go down in history as the club that KILLED ITSELF!!:blown:

Originally posted by aystar

i was thinking before

how in the 70's at studio 54 the club made the club, people dident really come for the music, they just came cause it was the big attraction. with factory its the oposite people wanna come for jp, the promoters can put as many djs as they want in there week after week but people just wanna come see jp

so i guess its the dj that makes the club

not the club makes the dj

I'm sure if JP returned people would come out in full force for a while at least. But JP is not the not the ONLY option. Like someone said, Avalon is doing something right. SF is a great space. But they are so used to having one DJ there week in and week out it seems like they are clueless when it comes to booking different talent on a weekly basis like Crobar and Avalon. Now those clubs are showing it how it SHOULD be done. What's with this booking of 2323785 DJs that SF is doing? Although I'm not a huge fan of his, get PVD in there for 6 hours and you'll have 5k-7k people in the place, or Carl Cox, etc. With Avalon, Spirit and Crobar getting their shit together, SF is going to self destruct if they don't do something fast. There are just too many options in this city nowadays.

Okay SF and there team of promoters are trying to bring it back which is a great attempt that people do not want to give up on SF, but SF made JP and JP made SF , and no matter what that's just the way it is. He needs to come back and Richard needs to admit bad choices were made.

And as for all the drama on this board, You all should learn to spell you illiterate bastards. The drama and bickering is so unecessary and your just displaying your child like ways to a bunch of people that don't care, nevertheless your putting everything in writing so beware of what you put in writing you just never know who's reading it. :blown:

Originally posted by 2sexy4u2

Okay SF and there team of promoters are trying to bring it back which is a great attempt that people do not want to give up on SF, but SF made JP and JP made SF , and no matter what that's just the way it is. He needs to come back and Richard needs to admit bad choices were made.

And as for all the drama on this board, You all should learn to spell you illiterate bastards. The drama and bickering is so unecessary and your just displaying your child like ways to a bunch of people that don't care, nevertheless your putting everything in writing so beware of what you put in writing you just never know who's reading it. :blown:

:eek::jawdrop: