Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how was SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at Factory until 630 in the morning. The DJ was good (not JP though), the show was awexome but there were only about 300 people in the whole place. It was a ghost town. I hear rumors that Richard and Jonathan are negotiating terms for Jonathan to come back. I really hope that happens cuz if it doesn't I think Sf will be over.

i was there. it did not look like sf at all, u wanna know why? bc there was actually room... there was room in the basement and upstairs. thats not too surprising. but there was room on the main floor too, and even on the mezzanine level, it didnt take me 10 minutes to get from one end of the bar to the next. in fact u could travel thru the whole club in less than that amount of time. the music wasnt spectacular. the building itself misses jp. i did have a good time dancing. but it definitely was not the same. or even close. what i did see was richard grant at the entrance, observing it all....... hes gotta be wanting jp back, i mean he isnt making ANY money... i for one didnt have to pay to get in, in fact that and 2 free drinks made the night worth it... among other things ;)

Well I have waited so long to finally go home!! I was at Nation all night till about 6am! Let me say that was a great party! So I leave and get into the car to make te trip into the city! I get there at 7am or so and I can almost taste it! I get closer to the building and here the walls pounding! Then i finally get in and its a fucking gosht town!! It was really sad to see the Factory like that! I was like how could something so good go to such shit!! (no JP???could be) I will say that Cleveland always holds it down!! Good to see all the Basement heads holding it down! It was good to see some old heads!! Music was ok! Started getting good at like 8am! Danced untile about the time the lights came on and they told me to leave which was 10am!!

:mad: and to top it all off my boys truck got towed by the great city of New York!!! Fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!:mad3:

Thats pretty shady...... what happens with the people who showed up and paid thinking they were going to be able to come and go as they please for 48 hours??? I saw people posting that they were renting hotel rooms just so they could be close by....... I think they really screwed themselves with this one. Who's going to trust anyone promoting this place anymore???

Originally posted by domainsound

also have to reember it was 18 and over so sf cleared out by 3-4am..but i heard was about a 1,000 maybe total.

they actually promoted it as 21+ but from the sounds of it i doubt they were turning anyone with cash away at the door lol

No one can post a reviews thread cause of two reasons:

1. they promoted it and it blew hot balls

2. THEY JUST DIDNT GO LOL

What a flop...like i said...lieing to people, deceiving, just all out bad promotions by people who had no idea what was going on. To think...i thought about going.

So...how about the next flop?

Bernie...what do you think about this situation?

Tek

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Bernie...what do you think about this situation?

lol sure drag me into the mud pit why dont u :laugh:

my randome thoughts:

-by the time friday rolled around I had bout 10 different conflicting stories of who was actually gonna be there, how late it was up, if it was 18/21, etc. Disfunctional promition from the start.

-I considered going as well but never made it (not upset about it at all now that i hear the reviews),

-there are too many heads that are still pissed off at SF/RG over the whole JP thing and are still holding a grudge and trying their best to stay away. Now ya if they ever got another good party going there some would prob come back, but the question is can sf keep its head above water until that happens...

-my gut feeling, JP is going to be back there sooner rather then later, it may be the ONLY way to keep sf anywhere close to being a profitable investment...

I can't think of another event that was promoted as badly, except a few of the Exit parties. SF's promoters truly sucked ass in promoting this event. They need to get their shit together, before this place gets place gets turned into another catering hall.

i was thinking before

how in the 70's at studio 54 the club made the club, people dident really come for the music, they just came cause it was the big attraction. with factory its the oposite people wanna come for jp, the promoters can put as many djs as they want in there week after week but people just wanna come see jp

so i guess its the dj that makes the club

not the club makes the dj

Originally posted by dkny8

I can't think of another event that was promoted as badly, except a few of the Exit parties. SF's promoters truly sucked ass in promoting this event. They need to get their shit together, before this place gets place gets turned into another catering hall.

agreed

at the current rate SF is set to go down as the fastest demise of nyc niteclub