Guest saleen351

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

how long have you been clubbing?

go get your hands on a paradise garage set, some larry levan etc...

the guys who started playing house when we were kids have been doing it that way since then, and it's the right way to do it. You are a bedroom dj and have no idea how to work a crowd and understand the fundementals of it.

wouldnt you say that just as genre's die out and evolve, shouldnt the dj's approch evolve too!!! All in all, he's an entertainer, not a narrarator!!!

Dont get me wrong, i used to jam to his sets at crobar, but best house dj???:rolleyes:

To me, best house dj means- new tracks and sounds that you just cant find at grooveman or any record store.....

To start up with a certain tempo, and take it up from there, with the occasional let down... Not up and down and up and down.... That leaves you wanting more for us who go there for dancing, not to be a critic....

To bring in freshest new sounds along with classical beats that made dj's wanna become dj's...

I mean, erik morillo has been playing the same style house music that was in style about 3 years ago...:eek: And those tracks "so fucking beautiful" and "everybody wants to be somebody" are almost 3 years old...

i got them on bellini's Origin cd live at crobar if you need me to prove it....

most importantly, glad EM brought you guys quality beats, wish i could of been there!!!

Originally posted by beatfriek

wouldnt you say that just as genre's die out and evolve, shouldnt the dj's approch evolve too!!! All in all, he's an entertainer, not a narrarator!!!

Dont get me wrong, i used to jam to his sets at crobar, but best house dj???:rolleyes:

To me, best house dj means- new tracks and sounds that you just cant find at grooveman or any record store.....

To start up with a certain tempo, and take it up from there, with the occasional let down... Not up and down and up and down.... That leaves you wanting more for us who go there for dancing, not to be a critic....

To bring in freshest new sounds along with classical beats that made dj's wanna become dj's...

I mean, erik morillo has been playing the same style house music that was in style about 3 years ago...:eek: And those tracks "so fucking beautiful" and "everybody wants to be somebody" are almost 3 years old...

most importantly, glad EM brought you guys quality beats, wish i could of been there!!!

where are you hidin biaaaaaatch ?:cool:

"so fucking beautiful" and "everybody wants to be somebody" are almost 3 years old...

He was only looping the vox... It sounded great... EM last night was sickk... House Music @ its finest... Layer after layer, loops, efffects, incredible build-ups, you name it... Any DJ can play a hard track that builds, and rock a room... EM would create energy @ will... Masterful set, one of the best ive heard in a very long time...

I had a blast .. Nice to see everyone... Thanx Biz for the hospitality...:)

I wish you were there too, Beatfriek!

you were missed! And where tha hell was MP3some? Another one of my fav dancers!

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

He was only looping the vox... It sounded great... EM last night was sickk... House Music @ its finest... Layer after layer, loops, efffects, incredible build-ups, you name it... Any DJ can play a hard track that builds, and rock a room... EM would create energy @ will... Masterful set, one of the best ive heard in a very long time...

honestly jimmy i enjoyed your sets wayyyyyyyy more than even last morrilos set before this one at space .. im dead serious ... and ive always said it to everyone ... jimmy makes me like that kinda house cause of the way he puts it together ... jmo :cool:

Originally posted by koky

honestly jimmy i enjoyed your sets wayyyyyyyy more than even last morrilos set before this one at space .. im dead serious ... and ive always said it to everyone ... jimmy makes me like that kinda house cause of the way he puts it together ... jmo :cool:

hey , you didnt like it... i respect your opnion... i was just really feeling what he was playing last night, and enjoyed watching him work the crowd like a true master... Not just with the tracks he played, but the way he worked them..

and i agree with you on the Jimmy T comment :D ... His sets are wayyy better... ;)

hey , you didnt like it... i respect your opnion... i was just really feeling what he was playing last night, and enjoyed watching him work the crowd like a true master... Not just with the tracks he played, but the way he worked them..

and i agree with you on the Jimmy T comment :D ... His sets are wayyy better... ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

right on Jimmy

I thought EM was much better this time than he was a few mnths. back. I could not stop moving my feet and dancing my ass off.

I have to say without any doubt EM is my favorit DJ in the wold.. :D

Ow good to see every one out last night.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

How many pills was Morillo on?

i say 2-3...u should have seen the faces he was making...his eyes closed big smirk on his face when good vocals would come in...the guy was on fire the whole night...i thought that his last time at Space was one of the best i have ever heard at Space...I WAS WRONG...this was by far one of the BEST SETS EVER, at Space...he destroyed Space and never let up...great track selection...great energy...good vibe...i am truly glad i ende up at Space, we never really had plans of going...but a persistant cousin (Jimmy T) and a drunk GF (Meli) will do that do u...great seeing: Sobeton, Trouble, Poisionivy, Biz, Rocky, Roly, Happyface, Groove Eric, Saleen, Thehog (we will miss u big dawg), Dui, Eddy G, Digital and GF...great meeting: Bling and Housekitty...by far one of the best nights ever at Space...Morillo continues to impress me, i am just pissed that i couldnt stick around any longer to hear Choo Choo Romero:(

ps

Brian, no excuse u should have knocked out that Tommy guy from "True Life" on MTV...:tongue:

yea...what he said...me and jimmy were just in awe, at how Mr Morillo can get a track...loop that shit for minutes (adding effects, acapellas and other elements) and make the build up and track sound like something he just remixed right there and then...last night was truly an "education" in djing, IMO:idea:

Morillo is the cdj 1000 King he owns the title :) never have I seen a dj work the cdjs like Morillo! That music just flows thru him! If anyone did not have a good time at space With Morillo they dont deserve to ever step foot into a CLub again!:blown:

Originally posted by lotto

Morillo is the cdj 1000 King he owns the title :) never have I seen a dj work the cdjs like Morillo! That music just flows thru him! If anyone did not have a good time at space With Morillo they dont deserve to ever step foot into a CLub !

tru dat! :D

damn!.. I am partied out.

Originally posted by lotto

Morillo is the cdj 1000 King he owns the title :) never have I seen a dj work the cdjs like Morillo! That music just flows thru him! If anyone did not have a good time at space With Morillo they dont deserve to ever step foot into a CLub again!:blown:

WERD......

Originally posted by laliux

I don't know what the hell was going on during Morillo's set in the patio but the music stopped like 3 times....so I don't know if it was the equipment or that he was too fucked up. :D

actually it was the equipment, condensation got in there and gave us a couple scares but he recovered quite well. no worries

he just smiled and cranked up one more notch i mean he played "teen spirit" and i thought they were gonna start a mosh pit... followed of course by his own rendition of "born too slow"