Clubplanet Nightlife Community

xxgrooveericxx

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

bro, lets get something str8

you are a bedroom dj whos best gig was playing for me and hog in flips garage.. While not the worst set of the night, you by far with your comments about morillo and the energy and vibe of his set, shows why the majority of jocks in miami are clueless because they are not following the tutelage of the djs that are now the big names in the scene. Where do you think morillo learned how to dj? from the guys like Tony Humprhies, larry levan etc...

it's like saying Ted Williams batting stance was all wrong...

shut your mouth and learn a thing or two, so in a couple years when the big guys are retired, i don't have to listen to new jacks who want to reinvent the wheel...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

Yes!!!!!! I ruffled your feathers!!!!!

The almighty great one has been offended by me for an opinion....I feel special...

My opinion of Morillo on Saturday was that I didn't like it. Maybe you don't like that opinion but that's the way it is. Just because everyone else said "OMG it's the best in life" good for them. I didn't like it. That's all. I did say I liked some tracks he played. Just wasn't feeling it, that's all. Everyone has different tastes for music. Unfortunately, you think YOUR taste is what EVERYONE has to like, and if not, they suck, :blah:

I also mentioned that the last time Morillo was here, I enjoyed his set better than this one. Why? Because I did. Sue me! Again, does it make me a bad person or whatever else you wanna call me? No It's just an opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I forgot to mention I was watching Morillo in the booth; he has skills! He can do shit on those CDJ-1000's like I've never seen before. I was watching a master at work, yes indeed. But as far as the music he was playing, I just didn't enjoy. So....STFU!

Now, as for bedroom DJ......you gonna knock me on that forever huh? Makes you feel really good to say that? I have done a few gigs aside from Flips garage and they have all been succesful. Bro, I know I've got talent. MANY people have told me that I do. I don't brag about it cause I know better. I never will brag because there is a saying that someone is always a little better at what you do. I'll just say this, a well respected, talented local DJ told me I have the potential to be great. I won't reveal the name, cause I don't brag. Those close to me know who it is.....

So in closing, STFU! :)

Originally posted by saleen351

you are a bedroom dj whos best gig was playing for me and hog in flips garage.. While not the worst set of the night, you by far with your comments about morillo and the energy and vibe of his set, shows why the majority of jocks in miami are clueless because they are not following the tutelage of the djs that are now the big names in the scene. Where do you think morillo learned how to dj? from the guys like Tony Humprhies, larry levan etc...

shut your mouth and learn a thing or two, so in a couple years when the big guys are retired, i don't have to listen to new jacks who want to reinvent the wheel...

you're starting to sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown!

waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by saleen351

:stupid:

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

:laugh:

Yes!!!!!! I ruffled your feathers!!!!!

The almighty great one has been offended by me for an opinion....I feel special...

My opinion of Morillo on Saturday was that I didn't like it. Maybe you don't like that opinion but that's the way it is. Just because everyone else said "OMG it's the best in life" good for them. I didn't like it. That's all. I did say I liked some tracks he played. Just wasn't feeling it, that's all. Everyone has different tastes for music. Unfortunately, you think YOUR taste is what EVERYONE has to like, and if not, they suck, :blah:

I also mentioned that the last time Morillo was here, I enjoyed his set better than this one. Why? Because I did. Sue me! Again, does it make me a bad person or whatever else you wanna call me? No It's just an opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I forgot to mention I was watching Morillo in the booth; he has skills! He can do shit on those CDJ-1000's like I've never seen before. I was watching a master at work, yes indeed. But as far as the music he was playing, I just didn't enjoy. So....STFU!

Now, as for bedroom DJ......you gonna knock me on that forever huh? Makes you feel really good to say that? I have done a few gigs aside from Flips garage and they have all been succesful. Bro, I know I've got talent. MANY people have told me that I do. I don't brag about it cause I know better. I never will brag because there is a saying that someone is always a little better at what you do. I'll just say this, a well respected, talented local DJ told me I have the potential to be great. I won't reveal the name, cause I don't brag. Those close to me know who it is.....

So in closing, STFU! :)

:werd:

saleen your a dumbass. :finger:

Originally posted by norahmiami

it wasnt just Saleen - everyone else on this board glorified EM after this weekend...i thought the music he played was average -in fact not even worth the $$ charged at the door.

well u seem to be in the "minority"...b/c alot of people thought that EM did one hell of a job...;)

Hi ALL...

I'm new to the CP site but I happened to catch Morillo's set at Space in the main room ( I was in front of the dj booth with a white hat and guayabera) and I can tell you he rocked me off my shoes!

Mind you - with no drugs OR booze in me! :D

I know some people just cant accept the fact that a dj is a dj no matter what tools are used to play the tunes...BUT..

I saw him work those cdj's and indeed he has skills.

Now I dont know who this Saleen guy is and obviously he has his opinion... but dude,.....dont be such a dick condescending on people for THEIR taste/opinions.

Ah...and oh yeah....I AM a Bedroom dj...in training! :laugh:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

well u seem to be in the "minority"...b/c alot of people thought that EM did one hell of a job...;)

well i am definitely the minority, i was at Julius Papp friday and let me tell you, the music he played was 1000 times better programmed and played than EM ...

i've seen EM tons and this wasnt his finest hour IMO....and thats cool that every1 loved him but i am not going to agree just cos Saleen and the rest of the " house crackheads" loved EM

well i am definitely the minority, i was at Julius Papp friday and let me tell you, the music he played was 1000 times better programmed and played than EM ...

i've seen EM tons and this wasnt his finest hour IMO....and thats cool that every1 loved him but i am not going to agree just cos Saleen and the rest of the " house crackheads" loved EM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well put Norah....

yea we know how u feel about EM's set (like we havent heard 100,000 times before in other posts)...but to say that he was bla or sub par...estas loca...i have heard EM tons of times too...even in NYC when the Subliminal parties were at Centrofly..and was not one of his ALL TIME best sets ever...but def. top 5 (from what i have heard of him)....but to say that it was sub-par or whatever, thats just reaching...u wanna say he sucks b/c he had an off night, then fine...but i get the impression (from what i have read from u) that u hated him b/c: 1) u have a THING against space and it really didnt matter how well EM spun, u were going to bash it or 2) u just went "against the grain" b/c ur fav. messageboard celeb. (Saleen) thought that he was touched by an angel on saturday night...my chic is a DIE HARD TRANCEHEAD and she loved it, better than his last time at Space (which i have to agree with her)...but i guess i just fall into the "herd" category b/c i found his set "excellent" in in sense of the word...oh well..i guess i am one of those "crack head house head", even though i was sober the whole night (that also includes alcohol)...