Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall thursday

reHow can i best put this, lol, everyone has their taste, and is lookin for something different when they go out. that said, for most regular clubbers in NYc area i'd say WH sucks. its a biggggg tourist crowd a lot of nites, NOT SO HOT if that's what you're looking for, and don't expect much innovation in the way of music. HOwever, if you're a girl broke on a thursday dyin to go out it's better than sittin on your couch. Club itself is big, 80's room is fun for a lil while but mind the stinky ppl- the hip hop room is literally a sauna so don't bother trying. but hey, if you' re just looking to get drunk, dance to ANY music in the company of many smelly people OFF WITH THEE TO WEBSTER HALL!!! LMAO :laugh:

websterhall is alwasy pakced but not with a crowd of music heads. But some people just dont care about music i dont know why though. Me and my friends have stopped goin to webster sat which musically was great, but now that rick is gone and they wanna stay with commercial music. The last of music fans have left.

Originally posted by chelsea17

So true, So true. Webster must be losing people on Sats. Without Rick - why GO?

My peeps and lots others haven't been since he hasn't been there. We'll definitely be at the UNITY party on the 19th.... CORBO all the way BABY!

What happened to corbo anyway?

Hi Nestor --- I knew a Nestor from Uptown when I was younger. Very cool person. Maybe not you, but Hello anyway. My answer to your question would be: The only real DJ they had walk through those doors on a Saturday is RICK..... He was the one who had the cojones to play what was real House Music. No commercial crap. People loved it! Most were very surprised and wowed - who actually came down to listen to him on a Saturday - and the best part was they came back. Until Rick is back - There will be no thumping in the Ballroom! The funny thing is - whomever is playing now is probably playing stuff Rick played two years ago. He was very atop of his game, musically bringing in the newest way, way before it hit radio.... :)

Sup chelsea17! Right on! I've been to Webster about 3 times and was very turned off. this was a while back though, we're talking about when Carbon was still opened. But big commercial places like Webster always play it safe. Nothing like the old days when DJ's actually broke out new stuff. Maybe some day they'll get the message ;)

Hi Nestor - Wow Carbon - you're taking me way back.... I use to go there all the time. Loved the rooftop - it was like freedom in a club.... LOL

When it comes to clubs like Webster - they should learn that "SAFE" isn't always better - Musically.... I mean.