Clubplanet Nightlife Community

340 Grill in Hoboken

Tried going there 2 weeks ago and the line was ridiculous. So we didnt even bother. Its definately not worth waiting in line for in this weather. I would check it out when the hype is over and when the weather gets nicer.

I heard from friends who went there, that the place is nice but the bar is in a horrible spot. Its located all the way in back of the lounge so its a pain in the ass to get drinks. I guess if you go, get waitress service if any tables are available.

Good luck.

Originally posted by pk1

Tried going there 2 weeks ago and the line was ridiculous. So we didnt even bother. Its definately not worth waiting in line for in this weather. I would check it out when the hype is over and when the weather gets nicer.

I heard from friends who went there, that the place is nice but the bar is in a horrible spot. Its located all the way in back of the lounge so its a pain in the ass to get drinks. I guess if you go, get waitress service if any tables are available.

Good luck.

Originally posted by pk1

Good luck.

I have been there 2x on Sat. and it was too crowded. The bar is a royal pain. It is nice early on but then it gets to packed.

place is nothing special, went last sat for a friends bday for drinks, they made us wait on the freezing line for a while, guess they tried to make themselves look cool and happening holding a line outside, don't know who theyre trying to impress, since the lounge faces the water and no one can see you, except if youre on the nyc side with a telescope, haha, anyways, a friend of mine had to grease the bouncers palm to get us in...inside place looks cool, pick a spot and chill, cause it gets crowded...fight to get to the bar cause its like 5 people deep, best bet just wait till you see a waitress for drinks, typical music.....have fun:D

Originally posted by Emmitt

place is nothing special, went last sat for a friends bday for drinks, they made us wait on the freezing line for a while, guess they tried to make themselves look cool and happening holding a line outside, don't know who theyre trying to impress, since the lounge faces the water and no one can see you, except if youre on the nyc side with a telescope, haha, anyways, a friend of mine had to grease the bouncers palm to get us in...inside place looks cool, pick a spot and chill, cause it gets crowded...fight to get to the bar cause its like 5 people deep, best bet just wait till you see a waitress for drinks, typical music.....have fun:D

Woah :eek:

Circa, here I come.

What a bunch of whiners. Go to a bar in Hoboken on a Saturday and bitch that you have to wait on line?? Of course you will.

"The bar is in a bad place". What are you talking about - it's located exactly where it should be - and they have 4/5 cocktail waitresses (who are all awesome) and 4 bartenders - stop complaining. Also, the menu is fantastic - not cheap and a bit "trendy" - but very, very, good.

Great place, great people, with an unbelievably sick view of the river and New York. You're not going there to dance but to have a good time w/friends and meet new people is very doable. Oh yeah, they did bust out some serious old school saturday night starting with Brainbug's "Nightmare"!!

Originally posted by club75

What a bunch of whiners. Go to a bar in Hoboken on a Saturday and bitch that you have to wait on line?? Of course you will.

"The bar is in a bad place". What are you talking about - it's located exactly where it should be - and they have 4/5 cocktail waitresses (who are all awesome) and 4 bartenders - stop complaining. Also, the menu is fantastic - not cheap and a bit "trendy" - but very, very, good.

Great place, great people, with an unbelievably sick view of the river and New York. You're not going there to dance but to have a good time w/friends and meet new people is very doable. Oh yeah, they did bust out some serious old school saturday night starting with Brainbug's "Nightmare"!!

What are you a promoter over there?

Nope. Just tried to give a better answer to the original question. I realize that most people on this board aren't used to "waiting on line" and not being immediately payed attention to by bartenders/bouncers whom they don't know so I thought I could give a more thorough summary of the place. That's all!!