Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breaking up with...

Destiny

the parents???

So who has been really really close with their sig others' parents, then you break up with your sig other, and wonder how to act toward their parents when you see/talk to them.

My ex's parents still call me, and I have no idea how to act. Their son and I broke up quite some time ago...

My friend is still close with her ex's mother, and she just said its fine, but I feel a little awkward about it.

Any suggestions??:confused:

Originally posted by Destiny

the parents???

So who has been really really close with their sig others' parents, then you break up with your sig other, and wonder how to act toward their parents when you see/talk to them.

My ex's parents still call me, and I have no idea how to act. Their son and I broke up quite some time ago...

My friend is still close with her ex's mother, and she just said its fine, but I feel a little awkward about it.

I was close w/ my ex's family....but after we broke up i basically cut ties w/ his family too (His sister & I were good friends)......But if I happen to see them out somewhere....I always make sure I say hello

the parents???

tell them i am your destiny

Originally posted by nybeauty

yea but i always knew she didnt like me :(

awww, damn b*tch

i dated a beautiful black girl the year i got out of high school, and i also worked for her dad before we started datin. then about month after we started datin, kinda in secret, he found out. he fired me and forbid from ever seein his daughter again in anyway. sucked, but she loved her father to much to disappoint him. i never saw her again. :(

Originally posted by thrillfire

They still had hopes for their son and i to get back together..

yea they don't say anything, but i think that's what it is too.

i was the only one of his gf's to keep him out of trouble and had him doing good things, not to mention i was the only one of his gf's that never gave him b.s....I'm thinking i need to cut ties, but i feel weird because i never had any problems with them...

the parents???

my in-law's would dump their son b4 they let me go if we broke up

yea they don't say anything, but i think that's what it is too.

i was the only one of his gf's to keep him out of trouble and had him doing good things, not to mention i was the only one of his gf's that never gave him b.s....I'm thinking i need to cut ties, but i feel weird because i never had any problems with them...

i've been there - you just need to tell them that even though you really like them, they've been great to you, etc. etc. that its really uncomfortable for you to be close with them right now..blah blah blah. if that's how you honestly feel you gotta just say it. Then just say hi when you see them but don't get into conversations about what your doing, school, whatever for a while. Eventually it won't be awkward anymore.

Originally posted by bullseye

awww, damn b*tch

i dated a beautiful black girl the year i got out of high school, and i also worked for her dad before we started datin. then about month after we started datin, kinda in secret, he found out. he fired me and forbid from ever seein his daughter again in anyway. sucked, but she loved her father to much to disappoint him. i never saw her again. :(

ah is ok, she didnt hate me or anything but i always knew she didnt like me.....that was wrong of him to do that, oh well things happen for a reason

thrillfire i hope everything works out for you, its not a good sign when the parents dont like u