Clubplanet Nightlife Community

death penalty...

dgmodel

Death Penalty...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Death Penalty...

• For...
    • Against...
    • Shit, Kill Everyone And Let GOD Sort Us Out~!

I wrote a paper on this in college, and basically i am against it.

I think that most people who commit heinous crimes are psychologically or physiologically ill, and to kill them does not right a wrong. There may be just a few cases where the person truly wants to kill, and in that case, send them to the slammer for life. But don't kill them. What good will that do?

As the sayings go, killing one will not bring them back. I'd rather keep 'em in jail or provide counseling.

And there are ways. Maybe privatize jails. or include finding in the budget, and take away other unnessessary things.

We need the death penalty... especially when you have cases liek that son of a bitch that killed that poor girl in Sarasota Florida.

As for keeping individuals in jail... I did a report on the pros/cons of the death penalty. Please note that back in HS for me 1994 - the average cost of one year was $80k/yr. You can do the math as to how much it would cost for one inmate for 20 years. We should put them all on a island like in that movie No Escape...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

im fine with the death penalty. 80+K per year for some idiot who doesnt belong in society? better off killing him..voltage is a lot cheaper

Actually it costs more to execute someone than it does to keep them imprisoned for life. It's due to all of the expenses of trials and appeals.

The death penalty should be reserved for serial killers, rapists, and general scum. I think it's a little extreme when you have some 16 year old in alabama who's fucked up and killed somebody in a bar fight or over some girl. Prison is a much better punishment than death. A cop once told me ... People aren't afraid of cops, they're afraid of what's gonna happen to them in jail.

i only believe in it in cases of mass murder, terroistic acts, or torture and cruel murders

i dont think its right to say its not right to kill, then turn around and kill someone for doing it...doesnt make sense to me, no matter how much you try to plead the "eye for an eye thing" or "setting an example"

just like i dont think its right to play god and clone humans and start life in an unnatural way...i dont think its right to play god and end life in an unnatural way like that

im fine with the death penalty. 80+K per year for some idiot who doesnt belong in society? better off killing him..voltage is a lot cheaper

Exactly........why should we feed this waste of life with our tax dollars - he/she will never be 'normal'... why waste millions of dollars on psychology for someone's whos never going to be released back into society.

I say kill em'....... thats one thing that I loveeeeeeee Florida for... the death penalty.

Guest echoes

im against but i can understand it in the worst of the worst cases.

interesting also not a single european country has the dp law.

I don't believe in it...i think they should sit in jail and rot...why should they get to die and not really suffer like their victims did...it is more expensive to execute someone then to keep them in jail for life...i dont think they should be in jail for "rehabilitation" because lets be real about this, there's no such thing...not really. They should just sit in jail just for the simple fact that they dont get the easy way out.

It's more expensive to execute them since we have a flawwed judicial system that allows these offenders to appeal verdicts multiple times. Our ancestors helped to build this country and lawyers come along and help ruin it...

As for the general notion for them to sit and rot... death in an of itself is a scary experience. I have had a couple dreams where I was dying - you wake up with an undescribable fear and newfound appreciation for life. With that said - the best part of living is not knowing when you are going to die (unless you have a terminal illness). Always having the thought of death on the back of your head knowing that you are going to die soon - has to eat away at these people greatly... and too boot - they were already in jail for quite sometime over the years and hopefully there ass has been poked and stroked long enough before they actually start to like it.

they live better than people who r down on their luck..who did nothing wrong..who r strugglin to make ends meet..

fuck that..kill em all

i hate it when people make statements like this one..."jails are like hotels these days" or like what you said...anyone who says that has never been to jail or takes for granted the every day freedoms they have in life

i've personally never been to prison (knock on wood) but know some who have, and their experiences werent a picnic...it doesnt take some who's been there or knows someone who has been locked up to understand that having your freedoms taken away, been told what to do when, and so on isnt fun

and secondly, people who are convicted of murder and sentenced to life as opposed to the death penalty....they arent going to be sent to a walk in the park type of prison (if there even is such a thing) they are sent to a hard core facility where they are locked down for 20-23 hours a day in a dark dank cell, sometimes in solitary and wake up every morning fearing a beat down or worse

Originally posted by djprotege

i hate it when people make statements like this one..."jails are like hotels these days" or like what you said...anyone who says that has never been to jail or takes for granted the every day freedoms they have in life

i've personally never been to prison (knock on wood) but know some who have, and their experiences werent a picnic...it doesnt take some who's been there or knows someone who has been locked up to understand that having your freedoms taken away, been told what to do when, and so on isnt fun

and secondly, people who are convicted of murder and sentenced to life as opposed to the death penalty....they arent going to be sent to a walk in the park type of prison (if there even is such a thing) they are sent to a hard core facility where they are locked down for 20-23 hours a day in a dark dank cell, sometimes in solitary and wake up every morning fearing a beat down or worse

I dont want to pay to keep a murderer in prison- I say death penalty- or let the criminal pay for his own prison term-$$$$

Originally posted by djprotege

3 meals a day...a shower a day...heat...a bed...blankets..a job...clean clothing....workout facilities....

thats a whoooooooooooole lot more than some schizophrenic homeless vietnam veteran that the world forgot.....

kill them all..let god sort them out