Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What are you spending your...

Destiny

realistically, how much could the average tax return be couple hundred dollars, a thousand maybe??? thats hardly enough to put into any investment that would have a reasonable return for her money... a hundred shares of some blue chip??? a couple hundred shares of a penny stock??? put it in a cd for 1.5% or put it in the money market for 1.66%??? or maybe sit on a double E bond for two three years??? c'mon... so best option to me would be put it in the bank and save it... or pay off debt if she has...

Originally posted by dgmodel

put it in the bank...

gotta pay the bills hun, so it'll be in the bank, until the bills go through;) ...some is going into savings...i wanted to put some into investments but ehhhh...and the rest is going toward shopping because I'm up for a few jobs, and I need new clothes:tongue:

realistically, how much could the average tax return be couple hundred dollars, a thousand maybe??? thats hardly enough to put into any investment that would have a reasonable return for her money... a hundred shares of some blue chip??? a couple hundred shares of a penny stock??? put it in a cd for 1.5% or put it in the money market for 1.66%??? or maybe sit on a double E bond for two three years??? c'mon... so best option to me would be put it in the bank and save it... or pay off debt if she has...

I think most people get back alot more than a couple of hundred... Unless of course you don't have any deductions and you file a 1040ez..

I think most people get back alot more than a couple of hundred... Unless of course you don't have any deductions and you file a 1040ez..

I've been making decent money over the past year trading foreign currency and gold... I think it's come to an end tho ..

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

yeah but most ppl arent in their early twenties... hey i could be dead wrong here im not an accountant... but for the most part from what hear and see from the ppl around me the average person in their early twenties gets a few hundred to a thousand back...

yeah but most ppl arent in their early twenties... hey i could be dead wrong here im not an accountant... but for the most part from what hear and see from the ppl around me the average person in their early twenties gets a few hundred to a thousand back...

single people with no dependants generally have the most tax deducted from their pay and can usually get back around half of what was deducted with a few smart deductions.. Trust me I do it every year... never been audited and get back around 8-10k a year. A good way to reduce you tax liability while making an investment is to buy "distressed" rental properties..

most people cant itemize so they just go for the standard deductions.. if theyre smart they open up an IRA and use that deduction....which in the long run benefits twice ..thrice over..

its easy to get back money and a lot of it when ur established..but what can the avg 20-25 yr old itemize? most of the tax credits offered dont apply to u..cause u neither restore historical structures..employ "at risk" population groups..or employ welfare workers...

my friend just got back 4gz..shes only 20...but she has a kid

It's always easier to take the standard deduction but there are alot of deductions that people overlook .... Get yourself a copy of turbo tax and you'll see what I mean. Especially if you own any rental properties or do alot of work related traveling / entertaining.. Even when I was only making 40 k a year I always managed to get back 2-3k

It's always easier to take the standard deduction but there are alot of deductions that people overlook .... Get yourself a copy of turbo tax and you'll see what I mean. Especially if you own any rental properties or do alot of work related traveling / entertaining.. Even when I was only making 40 k a year I always managed to get back 2-3k

i know eheh..im an accountant..im just talkin about us younger folk who dont have property/capital/business

from what ur saying..it seems u own ur own biz. thats the only way u can take deductions for entertaiment..and travel...cause the IRS dont let that shit fly just for any1...

the only way u can deduct travel is if ur travel expense was for business..and even if thats the case u gotta prorate the % of time u were on business compared to the time for leisure...

entertainment is the same thing...u can take a 50% deduction on tickets to sporting events..same thing with lunches..but u have to prove they're business lunches...

its all subjective...u can fudge some of the #'s..but say u get picked for an audit..then what? ....i duno but to have 400$ deducted for/from my AGI isnt worth the interest and penalties the IRS hits ya with

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i know eheh..im an accountant..im just talkin about us younger folk who dont have property/capital/business

from what ur saying..it seems u own ur own biz. thats the only way u can take deductions for entertaiment..and travel...cause the IRS dont let that shit fly just for any1...

the only way u can deduct travel is if ur travel expense was for business..and even if thats the case u gotta prorate the % of time u were on business compared to the time for leisure...

entertainment is the same thing...u can take a 50% deduction on tickets to sporting events..same thing with lunches..but u have to prove they're business lunches...

its all subjective...u can fudge some of the #'s..but say u get picked for an audit..then what? ....i duno but to have 400$ deducted for/from my AGI isnt worth the interest and penalties the IRS hits ya with

It's all about keeping good records... If you can document your deductions there's nothing to worry about. There are alot of gray areas.. People get caught up when they dont keep records.. or just make shit up...

the past couple of years i have gotten back at least 3K but then again i have a mortgage.

i usually splurge on one item (ie. a designer bag) and put the rest in the bank (for vacation or sorts). This year will most likely be the same. a bag and then saving for vacation to Europe in june.

ghhost.. snugglebunny has some tax questions for you. expect a pm or such soon. :tongue: