Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best romantic bars in LA for a first date?

happykittn

Can you recommend a romantic bar in West LA/Santa Monica that would be a good place to go for first-date drinks and possibly dinner?

I'm taking the initiative and asking out the guy. Met him at a party, hoping he'll be up for an evening out on Friday.

The only spot I can think of is the Arsenal, which is a possibility... too many weapons on the walls, though.

Thanks! :D

Originally posted by happykittn

Can you recommend a romantic bar in West LA/Santa Monica that would be a good place to go for first-date drinks and possibly dinner?

I'm taking the initiative and asking out the guy. Met him at a party, hoping he'll be up for an evening out on Friday.

The only spot I can think of is the Arsenal, which is a possibility... too many weapons on the walls, though.

Thanks! :D

Wassup Girl. Girl - what happened the out of town boy you posted about here and on the other board? Sorry if it didnt go well. :(

Depends on the mood -

No strings, light hearted, but sexy place - any cantina -- Antonios, Baja

More wow, that's gorgeous (suggest against (maybe too strong a message) maybe 2nd date) - Viceroy, Blue on Blue

Middrange, very nice, just not overkill - Palomar for food and drinks and then head to Nacional

Originally posted by lalate

omg who wrote that review on that link? it's so incredibly false ... :(

its in the middle of a major intersection! if there paparazzi outside they'd get hit by passing cars. And it's not on the beach, its on busy PCH with arguably one window.

:laugh: haha...I'll know better than to rely on CP reviews now. thx for the tip, LL

No prob :)

Actually there a couple of cool hotspots near by that place .. I could tell you ... hmm .. at least TWO stories from summer 03 and summer 02 of ..... hot summer days when .... well ... na, ... best left for LoveLate.com lol (good stories ! :) )

the listings are currently unreliable, but not for long, hopefully. those haven't been updated for a couple of years, and i'm taking them all on myself (that's more than 700 venues!!!). sorry about that; i've been working on them for a few weeks now and encountering a lot of bugs in the system while i've been at it :cuss: . i'll let you know when they're in better shape :) .