Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Extreme Makeover

murrrr

Originally posted by bullseye

my best friend saw it, she loved it. i can't watch anything anymore working 3-11 pm. i havent seen the real world or inferno in two weeks:( , but i get to sleep late:D

nice! i love sleeping!! i miss my old schedule 10-6 have been coming in 8-4 since a co-worker is sick :(

...i brought this up when the show first came out....i had mixed feelings about it initially....the emphasis on physical beauty in this country vs. helping people feeling better about themselves....either way it is stifling how different these people look and it is a good thing that they're doing...they all come out with a new take on life and a hell of a lot more confidence...

oh i havent been posting for a bit so i didnt know u had posted about this show

i also agree w/ u that its nice to give these people a good self confidence

i wouldnt mind geting a few things done, lol but i am a chicken when it comes to pain after surgery :(

Originally posted by bullseye

goin to the gym at this time of day has been the hardest thing for me to get use to, i'm use to that post dinner time workout.

you jus reminded me that i gotta leave at 1130 for the gym.

at least working 8-4 you avoid rush hour dont you?

deff, but it only takes me ½ hr to get here from home so it doesnt matter

this crap's exactly what im against.

Unless they had elephant noses, or nasty blemishes everywhere, im against "cosmetic upgrades"

I mean, why must we fuck with our naturally god-given assets in order to feel better? There are other (and better) ways to feel better about yourself.

Plus, think about how much money it is, the need to keep seeing a doctor often, and i just think it's not good for the body-mind-spirit.

call me a hippy, but it's true :hat:

Originally posted by phatman

...i brought this up when the show first came out....i had mixed feelings about it initially....the emphasis on physical beauty in this country vs. helping people feeling better about themselves....either way it is stifling how different these people look and it is a good thing that they're doing...they all come out with a new take on life and a hell of a lot more confidence...

My thoughts exactly. I was iffy about the whole concept, but once I actually watched an episode and saw just how drastically it changed lives, I thought differently.

Originally posted by phatman

...the emphasis on physical beauty in this country vs. helping people feeling better about themselves.....

....yea....but by changing the physical atributes .....they are in turn....MAKING THEM FEEL BETTER about themselves.........ya know....not everyone has the ability to see past the outside.....on themselves or others....and as SAD as it is...in today's world....u do better in almost all aspects....if u r attractive...NOT saying..everyone should be a 10.....but u know what i mean....;) ...and like i always say....plastic surgery...LOVE IT!...lol...

Originally posted by misk

....yea....but by changing the physical atributes .....they are in turn....MAKING THEM FEEL BETTER about themselves.........ya know....not everyone has the ability to see past the outside.....on themselves or others....and as SAD as it is...in today's world....u do better in almost all aspects....if u r attractive...NOT saying..everyone should be a 10.....but u know what i mean....;) ...and like i always say....plastic surgery...LOVE IT!...lol...

couldnt have said it better ;)

i didnt get to watch this but i saw a preview of this episode, instead of a surgery makeover is a home makeover! now that is really :cool: