Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can you say A-Rod

therio

It's JUST a rumor, people. The publication Newsday reported it. A fucking paper from Long Island. This deal would be extremely tough to accomplish. And the Yankees would have to give up Soriano, Contreras and some minor leaguer, I forget. It will not happen.

Originally posted by therio

calebb sorry to break it to you visit www.sportsline.com

the deal is done they are working on minor details and will be announced early next week.....

Well first of all, this wouldn't be bad news for me because I'm a huge Yankees fan. And I'll admit that news stories on ESPN and MLB are starting to take this alittle more seriously than this afternoon. But, it's still nowhere near complete. Even when they do come to terms, they'll still have to wait for approval from MLB. Remember, that's where the deal with Boston was negated.

Originally posted by calebb

Well first of all, this wouldn't be bad news for me because I'm a huge Yankees fan. And I'll admit that news stories on ESPN and MLB are starting to take this alittle more seriously than this afternoon. But, it's still nowhere near complete. Even when they do come to terms, they'll still have to wait for approval from MLB. Remember, that's where the deal with Boston was negated.

Negitive Ghost Rider, Where the A-Rod deal fell through was when Boston refused to cuff up the extra 12 milllion dollars. The way it breaks down is this, Soriano and a Minor league pitcher go to Texas for A-Rod.The Yankees are paying 2/3 of A-rods contract wich equals about 17 million dollars a year. If you figure by trading Soriano and his 5 million dollar contract and by cutting Aran Boone and his 5 million Dollar conrtract it turns out the Yankees are actually paying around 7 million above what they were to have paid in salary this year. The deal is in in the hands of the Union and the only difference this time is that the Yankees were not afraid to cuff up the extra money.TO ALL BOSTON FANS..PLEASE KEEP THEO EPSTEIN AS YOUR G.M. He will be the Yankees most valuable Person this year!!! LOL

Originally posted by calebb

It's JUST a rumor, people. The publication Newsday reported it. A fucking paper from Long Island. This deal would be extremely tough to accomplish. And the Yankees would have to give up Soriano, Contreras and some minor leaguer, I forget. It will not happen.

You are out of your mind if you think its not going to happen. George will NOT let the Red Sox get one up on him. They tried to get him and failed, this is just another FUCK YOU to Boston from George.

And ya know what, he'll easily be one if not the best 3rd baseman ever.

Originally posted by cosmicgate22

Negitive Ghost Rider, Where the A-Rod deal fell through was when Boston refused to cuff up the extra 12 milllion dollars. The way it breaks down is this, Soriano and a Minor league pitcher go to Texas for A-Rod.The Yankees are paying 2/3 of A-rods contract wich equals about 17 million dollars a year. If you figure by trading Soriano and his 5 million dollar contract and by cutting Aran Boone and his 5 million Dollar conrtract it turns out the Yankees are actually paying around 7 million above what they were to have paid in salary this year. The deal is in in the hands of the Union and the only difference this time is that the Yankees were not afraid to cuff up the extra money.TO ALL BOSTON FANS..PLEASE KEEP THEO EPSTEIN AS YOUR G.M. He will be the Yankees most valuable Person this year!!! LOL

Yeah, that's where the second deal fell apart. But, the first one fell apart because the Players Union rejected, governor. And, not to get too nit picky but it's actually 16 million dollars a year.

Originally posted by njdionysus

You are out of your mind if you think its not going to happen. George will NOT let the Red Sox get one up on him. They tried to get him and failed, this is just another FUCK YOU to Boston from George.

And ya know what, he'll easily be one if not the best 3rd baseman ever.

Of course you're writing this 24 hours after the original story broke the wire. It seemed like just a rumor being reported by Newsday. Obviously, today, it definitely looks like it will happen.

Originally posted by therio

1. arod

2. jeter

3. giambi

4. posada

5. mussina

6. rivera

7. sheffield

8. bernie williams

9. kevin Brown

10. matsui

I agree they arent all going to make it but there are alot of damn all stars on this team...

Vazquez, Quantrill and Gordon are also All-Star caliber players.

Originally posted by housedog

Look how the lineup would look :eek:

Kenny Lofton

Derck Jeter

A- Rod

Garry Sheffield

Bernie Williams

Jason Giambi

Hideki Matsui

Jorge Posada

Enrique Wilson

Thats is very impressive

Another FU to the Red Sox, Where is the Boston board today? :boohoo:

lofton was a bad pick up

Originally posted by housedog

Look how the lineup would look :eek:

Kenny Lofton

Derck Jeter

A- Rod

Garry Sheffield

Bernie Williams

Jason Giambi

Hideki Matsui

Jorge Posada

Enrique Wilson

Thats is very impressive

Another FU to the Red Sox, Where is the Boston board today? :boohoo:

if they don't win it all this year...they will be the New York Rangers of Baseball

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez was one step from playing for the New York Yankees.

New York and Texas finalized the terms of a trade Sunday, and the players' association gave its approval. The last hurdle was for commissioner Bud Selig to sign off on a deal, a high-ranking baseball official told The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Approval from Selig was expected Monday, and the Yankees began planning for a Tuesday news conference in New York to introduce the first reigning MVP ever traded.

"I was just as surprised as the Yankee fans and the Boston Red Sox fans when I opened up my paper today," President Bush, the Rangers' former owner, told NBC at the Daytona 500. "It, obviously, is a big deal. ... A-Rod's a great player and the Yanks are going to be a heck of a team with him in the infield."

Rodriguez will move from shortstop, a position where he's been a seven-time All-Star, to third base, where he will replace injured Aaron Boone. The Yankees will keep their captain, Derek Jeter, at shortstop.

Texas will wind up paying $140 million for three seasons with Rodriguez, an average of $46.7 million annually for three last-place finishes in the AL West. The Yankees will owe him $112 million for seven years.

Under the deal, the Yankees pay Rodriguez $15 million in each of the next three seasons, $16 million each in 2007 and 2008, $17 million in 2009 and $18 million in 2010, according to contract information obtained by the AP from player and management sources.

In each of the first four years, $1 million will be deferred without interest, to be paid in 2011.

The trade calls for Texas to pay $43 million of Rodriguez's salary over the remaining seven years: $3 million in 2004, $6 million each in 2005, 2006 and 2010, $7 million apiece in 2007 and 2009 and $8 million in 2008. In addition, the Rangers will pay the $24 million remaining in deferred money from the original contract, with the interest rate lowered from 3 percent to 2 percent.

In the end, Texas will pay $67 million of the $179 million left on Rodriguez's record $252 million, 10-year contract, and will get All-Star second baseman Alfonso Soriano and a player to be named.

Ultimately, baseball's biggest spenders will raise their payroll to about $190 million.

The Yankees' potential lineup with A-Rod, per inning based on 2004 salaries.

Player Dollars/9 innings

1. Kenny Lofton, CF $2,126

2. Derek Jeter, SS $11,659

3. Alex Rodriguez, 3B $14,403 per f'n inning!

4. Jason Giambi, 1B $6,858

5. Gary Sheffield, RF $8,916

6. Bernie Williams, DH $8,230

7. Jorge Posada, C $4,115

8. Hideki Matsui, LF $4,801

9. Miguel Cairo, 2B $617