Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yankees are gonna choke

JonStephen

Originally posted by Drunk

Wait, who choked in the World Series last year? Who's been choking since World War I and before the TV was invented? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That streak ended last year in my book..... if it wasnt for Grady fuckin Little !!

...and oh yeah, if you believe in the curse, you might as well buy me a keg of beer coz I'm a leprechaun :laugh:

Originally posted by magellanmax

...and oh yeah, if you believe in the curse, you might as well buy me a keg of beer coz I'm a leprechaun :laugh:

Nah, it's no curse, the Red Sox have just been a bunch of losers for the past eight and a half decades. :laugh:

Choke this! To a lot of Yankees fans, beating the Red Sox is an important if not MORE IMPORTANT than winning the World Series and that is why George went one up on Boston again. Just to shove it in their faces, just when Boston thinks they've got the Yankees, think again. They thought they had ARod, suddenly Aaron Boone goes down with a twist of fate that turns into gold for the Yankees.

Nonetheless how could you not trade for the best player in the game when the team you're getting him from is giving you $67 million to take him? Period!!! This season is going to be a hell of a duel in one of the rivalries is all of sports.

Originally posted by njdionysus

Choke this! To a lot of Yankees fans, beating the Red Sox is an important if not MORE IMPORTANT than winning the World Series and that is why George went one up on Boston again. Just to shove it in their faces, just when Boston thinks they've got the Yankees, think again. They thought they had ARod, suddenly Aaron Boone goes down with a twist of fate that turns into gold for the Yankees.

Nonetheless how could you not trade for the best player in the game when the team you're getting him from is giving you $67 million to take him? Period!!! This season is going to be a hell of a duel in one of the rivalries is all of sports.

I never said it was a bad move and I never said the Yankees should have passed it up, I just said they are gonna choke.

I hate the yankees

ESPN.com news services

The rich in talent might be getting richer still ...

Free-agent pitcher Greg Maddux will sign with the New York Yankees sometime later this week, according to reports on New York's WABC-TV and in the Bergen Record, a New Jersey newspaper.

"We are not involved with Greg Maddux," Cashman said at the time.

Maddux turned down a New York offer in 1992 before signing with the Atlanta Braves.

The news from what the Record called "a Major League Baseball source" came despite reports Sunday that the Chicago Cubs were nearing a deal with the perennial All-Star right-hander.

The Cubs reportedly raised their initial offer of two years at $10 million (combined) to more like the $14 million to $15 million range.

There is no word yet on how much the Yankees offered.