Clubplanet Nightlife Community

for all the non-trance haters

wow i used to think trance music was dead in nyc but look at these next few weeks.. things are starting to look up

2/21 george acosta

2/27 pvd

2/28 ferry

3/6 judge jules..

3/13 sasha and digweed (yes, i still consider them trance dj's)

that's 4 weekends in a row!! with wmc ending that week who knows who else will be in town... maybe we'll get johan gielen or somebody like that.. that'd be HOT!!

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

you take that back!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

;)

btw: digweed falls in the category of progressive breaks most of the time.

ok ok they may not be "trance dj's" but they still play some trancey tracks.. there's no getting around it.. they may not be like any of the other dj's i mentioned but yeah.. they still play trancey songs.. :eek: :eek: :cool:

Originally posted by lasix

mr. cox will be at avalon march 13th..

no S&D for me.

nyc not lookin too shabby that weekend.. carl cox and s&d on the same night even?

:confused: :confused:

i thought jimmy van m, dig & sasha were @ crobar on the 12

carl cox @ avalon on the 13th

why am i seeing conflicting info:mad:

Originally posted by az-tec

dont forget Roger Sanchez that Saturday at Spirit

and James Holden At ARC

wow... i thought that was already going to be an insane weekend, but these two on top of it?

decisions.. decisions...

well, if your not going to the WMC, i guess NY will be getting a little taste of it that weekend!! haha

There's nooooooooo way i'm S&D though..:D

Originally posted by ovrdose

wow, if i even began to think about the crazy djs that are gonna be spinning that weekend my head would explode

i have an idea... an idea so great my head would explode if i even began to know what i was talking about... it kinda sucks that we're going to jamaica that day.. but, i am dilligently trying to get out of it

Originally posted by oldtimer

i have an idea... an idea so great my head would explode if i even began to know what i was talking about... it kinda sucks that we're going to jamaica that day.. but, i am dilligently trying to get out of it

MY IDEA: ALLOW RE-ENTRY INTO ALL THE CLUBS that you've already rightfully paid cover for!!!

Then you can go club hopping alllllll niiiggghhttt loonnggg....granted you don't miss any good beats since the DJs might all be spinning at the same time at diff places.

Wouldn't that be a great idea for all the lounges/clubs to agree to this? I mean, the clubs overall would be getting more money since people would have more options in one night to float around.

Originally posted by oldtimer

wow i used to think trance music was dead in nyc but look at these next few weeks.. things are starting to look up

2/21 george acosta

2/27 pvd

2/28 ferry

3/6 judge jules..

3/13 sasha and digweed (yes, i still consider them trance dj's)

that's 4 weekends in a row!! with wmc ending that week who knows who else will be in town... maybe we'll get johan gielen or somebody like that.. that'd be HOT!!

Yeah and on top of it we get Cosmic Gate, Rank 1 and Cor Fijneman...Now this is more like it!!!!

Originally posted by trancemelody

Trance is coming back to NY...it has been dry for a while...but it's coming...

And will only get better....

Pay attention......for more details to come... :3some:

www.trancemelody.com

Very nicely said...and I couldn't agree more..

Trance is on its way very soon..

and it will be brighter, bigger than ever!!

It will explode onto the scene..

and yes..pay close attention for more details to follow...

That is all for now..

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It doesn't hurt that on the Trance side guys like Filo & Peri, and Victor Dinaire are based out of New York.

On the Progressive side it obviously doesn't hurt that guys like Tenaglia, Chris Fortier, Satoshi, Jimmy Van M, and Sean Cusick are also based out of NYC.

New York is so much more than just the old fashioned style of House music. Of course it's still awesome legendary House DJs like Morillo and Roger Sanchez call NYC home.

As for Digweed, since when does he play mainly Breaks? I've seen him spin on several occasions in Orlando of all places, and he barely touches Breaks. He's my favorite DJ so I find this info interesting. Sasha on the other hand last time he was in Tampa (back in December) was very heavy on the Progressive Breaks side of things.