Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official - Who is NOT going to WMC thread

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by NYC Hunk

Fuck that.. Why not just be fucking smart and Go to the WMC and then go somewhere else lata as well.

Apperently you are rich. But uhm for what would you go there? For the usual djs you get to see here? Cheaper? Or for the underage drinkers on a spring break?

everyone reaches their peak with the WMC at their own time. granted, the event has become more and more popular as each year has gone by. with that comes both good and bad aspects...

it's good since you'll have a lot more parties to choose from and you'll get to meet people from around the world. how can you not chuckle at the crazy brits with their matching DJ shirts and terrible dancing at ultra? :laugh: but then again, it does get more crowded and it becomes more of a "bring the masses" type of event.

nonetheless, discouraging people from going is not really worthwhile of your time or anyone else's. i recommend that everyone check it out on their own time and judge for themselves.

Originally posted by kitty19

nonetheless, discouraging people from going is not really worthwhile of your time or anyone else's. i recommend that everyone check it out on their own time and judge for themselves.

No1 was discouraging it. Just opinions here. I much rather prefer WEMF (World Electronic Music Festival) Granted this is not as fabulous as WMC is but far better stretched and far better representation of different kinds of music. And I think someone mentioned it before here that WMC was about networking and bringing new stuff in. Now it seems it is more to make another $$$. Tuche

blah blah blah blah.

Sure it may not be for "everyone", or lost the "underground" feel. But nothing stays that way forever.

As for the Spring Break thing, WMC is early this year so it won't collide with it.

As for being all about house? Maybe it seems that way because the house labels have more money to throw around to advertise. Believe me, there's a lot more to WMC than house. If you're one of the trance whiners, get over it already.

As for the networking and shit, you can still do that, but instead not waste $300 on some lame seminar telling you what you already know. You sound like a flunkie for Bill Kelly that way.

Originally posted by pod

blah blah blah blah.

Sure it may not be for "everyone", or lost the "underground" feel. But nothing stays that way forever.

As for the Spring Break thing, WMC is early this year so it won't collide with it.

As for being all about house? Maybe it seems that way because the house labels have more money to throw around to advertise. Believe me, there's a lot more to WMC than house. If you're one of the trance whiners, get over it already.

As for the networking and shit, you can still do that, but instead not waste $300 on some lame seminar telling you what you already know. You sound like a flunkie for Bill Kelly that way.

YOUR SO TRUE

Dont throw politics into music you ass munch or call me trance whiner. People like you condemned trance to death what? 4-5 years ago? Nowhere on this thread I posted that I would want more trance on WMC. You just have your head so far up your ass that you neglect to read what I wrote. And based on what acts like Ian Van Dahl or Lasgo? Stick to what you know, please. And what does WMC has to offer other than house? You are soo knowledgeable since you live there, enlighten me. And u missed the whole point I was making. I said it is DOMINATED by UK HOUSE. Granted it all started as UK gathering but didnt Ultra specifically stated a few years back that it is INTERNATIONAL dance community?

Originally posted by pod

blah blah blah blah.

music is all i need. fuck where in the world i am . or whoever is next to me. fuck what venue or type of crowd attends. fuck if its underground, mainstream, new, old, trendy, classic, spun by supah stah dj whomeverthefuck. fuck the fact that its wmc or a monday night in my cousin's dingy basement. i know that pure, unmistakable feeling of truth and light that music sparks in my soul. It is all i search for, all that matters, the rest of the variables are not important to me. music is all i need.

yes i will be attending yes its my first time but that doesn't matter either.

Originally posted by gotsumoves

i know that pure, unmistakable feeling of truth and light that music sparks in my soul. It is all i search for, all that matters, the rest of the variables are not important to me. music is all i need.

That is all I do too. Just never found it on WMC. Thats all.

Originally posted by fouroneone

DISCLAIMER:

This was originally posted on the NYC board. Whatever dick moved it to the WMC board did it with the wrong intentions.

I am not trying to bring Drama, blame the guy who moved this.

I dont care bro. I am with you a 100%. We cant all be wrong you know.

this will be my 5th (i think) year going and i do agree its lost the intial spark tho. such as most things, they change some for the worse some for better. and you either acclimate yourself to the change or just say that its not your thing anymore.

last year w/ it coinciding with spring break, i must say, was a huge turnoff for me. the whole vibe down there seemed very uhmmm... "meat market"-like. you could almost instantly identify someone who was there for the conf and someone who was there just on spring break. nevertheless, i still enjoyed my time down there immensely.

Originally posted by tranceou

Dont throw politics into music you ass munch ....

I said it is DOMINATED by UK HOUSE. Granted it all started as UK gathering but didnt Ultra specifically stated a few years back that it is INTERNATIONAL dance community?

Ass munch? Do you suck your father's dick with that mouth?

As for being dominated, whose fault is that? Maybe if the other genres put half the effort they waste from whining into promotions and such, there'd be more of an equality.

Besides, anyone with an iota of intelligence just ignores flyers and consults the online sources of WMC listings and info, where all are generally equally presented.

If you don't want to go to conference, fine. Waste your time feeling elitist somewhere else. I'm going (well, it's coming to me...), I'm going to make a decent profit, and I'm going to have a good time.

for all you ppl that arent' going just shut up already and keep it to yourself man. Go for the music not the fuking ppl and the "vibe".. There'll be trance, house , dnb etc for the one whining that it's all about house now. You have the #1 and #2 dj's mixing at Ultra, in the main amphitheatre stage. Now what does that tell ya? Even though you have no intention of bringing the WMC down, there are some ppl who'll believe that crap you're talking.

If you're tired of it, fine don't go. I love electronic music and if you do then you'd go. If you have the best Dj's from around the world that you don't get to see every weekend wouldn't you go too? For the music man, for the music.

Originally posted by pod

Ass munch? Do you suck your father's dick with that mouth?

As for being dominated, whose fault is that? Maybe if the other genres put half the effort they waste from whining into promotions and such, there'd be more of an equality.

Besides, anyone with an iota of intelligence just ignores flyers and consults the online sources of WMC listings and info, where all are generally equally presented.

If you don't want to go to conference, fine. Waste your time feeling elitist somewhere else. I'm going (well, it's coming to me...), I'm going to make a decent profit, and I'm going to have a good time.

You really make me laugh. A questoion have you been outside Miami? And not far how about West Coast (I am not even talking about Europe). Have you ever asked yourself a question that maybe JUST MAYBE other genres DO NOT NEED to create a WMC to make themselves be known to masses. It took D'N'B what about 10 years slowly creaping in darks of the clubs where you wouldnt even set foot in with your tennis shoes, tan and Gucci glasses. And it is true about all other music as well. You see what YOU dont realize is that house slipped very quetly without any struggle in the place of disco. Very simple. The places were there, the crowd was there. All house needed to do is to adjust a bit. Whereas everything else needed to really work its way to the top. And I am "very happy" that you will make a decent profit. That is another reason why this conference is nothing but a shell. It is driven for a profit ah? The only thing is (Thank God for that) is that Ultra features so many people for a very "european" price.

Originally posted by hyper-ion

There'll be trance, house , dnb etc for the one whining that it's all about house now. You have the #1 and #2 dj's mixing at Ultra, in the main amphitheatre stage.

So? is that something that supposed to impress me? I've seen Oakie, Van Dyk, Tiesto all in one night in Amnesia. Should you be impressed?

Now what does that tell ya? Even though you have no intention of bringing the WMC down, there are some ppl who'll believe that crap you're talking. If you're tired of it, fine don't go. I love electronic music and if you do then you'd go. If you have the best Dj's from around the world that you don't get to see every weekend wouldn't you go too? For the music man, for the music.

The first time I went to the Conference was in 1993...... it was great for the first few years. After last year, I've decided to spend my money elsewhere. Lots of pretentious fucks running around; getting high; trying to get laid..... QUITE SAD. It doesn't seem to be about the music anymore. Yes, its extremely unfortunate - but I don't want to go to "THE CONFERENCE" to see the same sloppy people (fans) as I do here in the City. I want to go to the Conference to meet and deal with the individuals and talent who make the real effort to make great music. It's so NOT what it was meant for -- anymore.

Originally posted by skarrd4life

u brasilian???? I am dong a study abroad there around august

No, but my BF is.

I'd actually prefer skol beats, DEMF, Sonar, I <3 techno, and several other festivals to WMC. I've been there, had a great time, and dont feel any need to go back.... but hey, if youre into it, good for you. Go, have a bitchin time!

;)

So I first went in 2001, and it was great, and i went again in 2002, and it was great. Didnt' go in 2003 and i heard the exact same thing that alot of you were saying. WAY TOO MANY YOUNGINS etc..etc..

You know, you shouldn't knock peeps for not going, the WMC is a big committment for a good time. MONEY< NO SLEEP, and bodily abuse. Man in 2002, when i did up Danny T's entire set at Space on his B-day, man oh man. My forehead still hurts to this day, from all the insuflation. Where did yoko ono and coxy come from, an utter delight.

To all those that go this year have a blast, to all those who don't , just think about the extra year of your life you'll live.

werd life........

Chud-diggity

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

No, but my BF is.

I'd actually prefer skol beats, DEMF, Sonar, I <3 techno, and several other festivals to WMC. I've been there, had a great time, and dont feel any need to go back.... but hey, if youre into it, good for you. Go, have a bitchin time!

;)

My kind of girl. Throw Defqon, Nature One, Thunderdome and Sensation Black in that mix and we will have a parteeeeee...

Originally posted by tymathis

You know, you shouldn't knock peeps for not going, the WMC is a big committment for a good time. MONEY< NO SLEEP, and bodily abuse. Man in 2002, when i did up Danny T's entire set at Space on his B-day, man oh man. My forehead still hurts to this day, from all the insuflation. Where did yoko ono and coxy come from, an utter delight.

You just described a week in Ibiza for me. Only I think it was alot cheaper.