Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mansion Review

esance

Soooo did anyone make it out to Mansion this Sat. night ???

I went with some friends. IMO the renovations were nice but

it's really hard to transform that space. In other words it still

looks alot like Level and the dozen other clubs that have been

there.

I also have to bring up the sound was horrid. There was no

base, the mids and highs were overpowering. It fatigued our

ears after just a few minutes on the dance floor. There were

not many people on the main dance floor, they must of all gotten

headaches an gone home.

Then when you walked the club the sound was completely distorted. Sorry guys, not very impressive.

:(

got there around 11pm to find a a mob of people trying to get in...how big was the mob? there were people on Washington, like literally...we heard from a friend that the door people were ONLY letting in people they knew...even if u were on the list (like we were)...so we decided to hit Privelege instead...we later heard from people we met at Crobar that it sucked anyways...i guess i am glad i didnt fight the mob to try to get inside...:idea:

Originally posted by esance

I also have to bring up the sound was horrid. There was no

base, the mids and highs were overpowering. It fatigued our

ears after just a few minutes on the dance floor. There were

not many people on the main dance floor, they must of all gotten

headaches an gone home.

Then when you walked the club the sound was completely distorted. Sorry guys, not very impressive.

You've been picking up on the tech talk, huh? :cool:

they did a great job with the space

it was an unnecessary mistake to book JimmyVanM:

- you don't need to spend the extra money on a dj that doesn't go with a club opening, JVM is too trancey, the crowd is the typical sobe crowd that wants to be seen, they usually don't know much about music, Maurizzio should have kept playing for the entire night, even though he always plays the same music.

Second of all, they sold out of black label, greygoose,etc.. after 1am or so, which I think could have been solved by sending somebody to opium to get more booze.

-Most of the crew is unexperienced, but it's opening night so I guess they have an excuse.

Second of all, $14 for a black label is too much, it's ok when you have a small club like mynt or prive, and you can let in a certain elite, but when you have such a big space, it's gonna be hard to fill it up every week-end with people that have that kind of money

Anyways that club has alot of potential but have a few adjustment to make

like firing the GM for instance, why? because when you are a bar manager in a previous club, then you should know everything about the bar, so the last thing that should happen is running out of booze at the beginning of the night

anyways I was very impressed by the layout, they have alot of potential but they are going to have to run it the way a big club should be run and not like prive (at least in the main room, in the small one they could do it like Prive)

I think that now that Mansion open Opium is gonna go down, it actually allready did for the past month(IMO), too guetto for my taste.

By the way who is in charge of booking dj's at Mansion?

P.S: I think they have a phazon sound system, at least the mixer is.

If they do they need to adjust it, phazon is not a toy, I remember at Twilo, nobody was allowed to touch at the sound system not even Sasha and Digweed, the only one that was able to do so was Junior.

Originally posted by nico1

- you don't need to spend the extra money on a dj that doesn't go with a club opening, JVM is too trancey, the crowd is the typical sobe crowd that wants to be seen, they usually don't know much about music, Maurizzio should have kept playing for the entire night, even though he always plays the same music.

Second of all, they sold out of black label, greygoose,etc.. after 1am or so, which I think could have been solved by sending somebody to opium to get more booze.

-Most of the crew is unexperienced, but it's opening night so I guess they have an excuse.

Second of all, $14 for a black label is too much, it's ok when you have a small club like mynt or prive, and you can let in a certain elite, but when you have such a big space, it's gonna be hard to fill it up every week-end with people that have that kind of money

like firing the GM for instance, why? because when you are a bar manager in a previous club, then you should know everything about the bar, so the last thing that should happen is running out of booze at the beginning of the night

anyways I was very impressed by the layout, they have alot of potential but they are going to have to run it the way a big club should be run and not like prive (at least in the main room, in the small one they could do it like Prive)

I think that now that Mansion open Opium is gonna go down, it actually allready did for the past month(IMO), too guetto for my taste.

If they do they need to adjust it, phazon is not a toy, I remember at Twilo, nobody was allowed to touch at the sound system not even Sasha and Digweed, the only one that was able to do so was Junior.

Grande Boca! :hat:

Originally posted by nico1

Good stuff... I'm glad i didnt fall for JVM... opening nights tend to be a real circus...

Now of everything u said, what concerns me the most is the quality of the Sound System. :(

I doubt its a phazon installment, because they would be filling their mouths with it... but i certainly hope they have some plan to do something about it. I am all about DeltA hEAvy, and i hope their production wont settle for a crappy sound system...

*crossingmyfingersforanupgrade*:(

Peace!

Mp3.-:smoke:

doubt its a phazon installment, because they would be filling their mouths with it... but i certainly hope they have some plan to do something about it. I am all about DeltA hEAvy, and i hope their production wont settle for a crappy sound system...

*crossingmyfingersforanupgrade*

Peace!

Actually Steve Dash of Phazon redesigned, installed and personally tuned the system. Maybe he was having a bad week.

Dan Agne supplied the funktion One in the hip hop lobby which sounded much better before.

I don't see Delta Heavy playing there, Once Digweed hears the

sound he will be out of there......Unless of course they bring in some reinforcements. Which does not make any sense they should have done it right from the get go.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by esance

I don't see Delta Heavy playing there, Once Digweed hears the

sound he will be out of there......Unless of course they bring in some reinforcements. Which does not make any sense they should have done it right from the get go.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

if you were at the Delta Heavy party at the Miami Arena then you know Digweed won't settle for a not so good system. They set up at the Miami Arena some kick ass system that sounded just right all over the arena.

Anyways, I am there for the DH party crappy system or not. :hat:

• 3 weeks later...