Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Feel Free to Expose the Weak Jersey Scene...

Originally posted by djmikebugout

agreed 100%....its b/c of rich playing ATRC in his sets that that record was heard by a WHOLE different audience that would normally never hear a track like that-- Plus b/c of that, motorcycle is performing (at least the vocalist is) at the next KTU concert.... = putting $$ back into the industry...

Mkutlass-- you weren't one of the thousands at sandbar the friday me and mark went nuts in there? I've never seen so many people in one club in NJ in one night (we got lucky b/c that was the first nice weather weekend of the summer in June but we still played a really good set (prolly the best set me and mark played together to this day))

all this talk of surf club is killing me with an inch of ice on the ground outside :(

Mike

i was waiting for u to respond on this:tongue:

for what its worth that was also one of my most memorable nights of spinning

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djmikebugout

agreed 100%....its b/c of rich playing ATRC in his sets that that record was heard by a WHOLE different audience that would normally never hear a track like that-- Plus b/c of that, motorcycle is performing (at least the vocalist is) at the next KTU concert.... = putting $$ back into the industry...

Mkutlass-- you weren't one of the thousands at sandbar the friday me and mark went nuts in there? I've never seen so many people in one club in NJ in one night (we got lucky b/c that was the first nice weather weekend of the summer in June but we still played a really good set (prolly the best set me and mark played together to this day))

all this talk of surf club is killing me with an inch of ice on the ground outside :(

Mike

I thought u guys did a great jobbbbbbbbb.......... and u guys didn't play a lot of commerical stuff, and the place was loving it (including myself). The nites Sandbar was packed it was very nice out, SB can pack in probably fit 1500 indoors, well it doesn't do good numbers when the weather sucked. Yes, i know it's a nice weather spot, but try some new things to make it a all weather club........... Me personally would try ladies free all nite.....and spend some money, the SB makes enuff of it......

KTU NEEDS TO MAKE UP IT'S MIND DOES IT WANT TO PLAY WATERDOWN COMMERICAL CRAP OR SHOULD PLAY MUSIC LIKE "MOTORCYCLE"

WHICH THE FIRST TIME U HEARD IT U KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE BIG......... KTU CALLS THEMSELVES "THE BEAT OF NY" AND SOMETHING DANCE STATION. KTU IS JUST Z100 WITH DIFFERENT NUMBERS, EXCEPT ON THE WEEKENDS. PROBLEM WITH KTU IS CLEAR CHANNEL, TO BIG OF A COMPANY........

w/o coming off as being my usual jerz hater (which i'm really not for the record) NJ has plenty of talent, but just the wrong state of mind.. for instance, on more than one occassion i've heard dj's say that they play a certain set for the jerz crowd. i'm guessing that's from a combo of a couple things:

1. ppl who go to clubs in NJ are extremely misunderstood.. ALL of us labeled as KTU fans who don't know the first thing about "real" music and will settle for cheese vocals and "classics" all night long.. blahhhhhh. that mindset sux.

2. on top of that stereotype you have the fact that promoters and club owners believe #1 to be true so they sometimes push for a certain genre of club music to be played in their clubs. for me, that's enough to drive me outta the state and into NYC where there's plenty of talent to go around and places give them the freedom to go out on a limb with their track selection and style.

as for talent being brought into NJ, yeah, of course i'm gonna say boris. yes, he's a friend of mine, but the kid brings energy to a room like nobody else. and it's that stereotype that NJ ppl don't appreciate a good DJ which keeps ppl like him from playing here.

take sandman's advice.... go listen to boris or merritt at an asseteria party. go check out ojeda at a disco afterhours or bailey, ink, macaluso, etc etc

Originally posted by dogekid

2. on top of that stereotype you have the fact that promoters and club owners believe #1 to be true so they sometimes push for a certain genre of club music to be played in their clubs. for me, that's enough to drive me outta the state and into NYC where there's plenty of talent to go around and places give them the freedom to go out on a limb with their track selection and style.

WERD :cool:

w/o coming off as being my usual jerz hater (which i'm really not for the record) NJ has plenty of talent, but just the wrong state of mind.. for instance, on more than one occassion i've heard dj's say that they play a certain set for the jerz crowd. i'm guessing that's from a combo of a couple things:

1. ppl who go to clubs in NJ are extremely misunderstood.. ALL of us labeled as KTU fans who don't know the first thing about "real" music and will settle for cheese vocals and "classics" all night long.. blahhhhhh. that mindset sux.

as for talent being brought into NJ, yeah, of course i'm gonna say boris. yes, he's a friend of mine, but the kid brings energy to a room like nobody else. and it's that stereotype that NJ ppl don't appreciate a good DJ which keeps ppl like him from playing here.

take sandman's advice.... go listen to boris or merritt at an asseteria party. go check out ojeda at a disco afterhours or bailey, ink, macaluso, etc etc

HOLY SHIT, THIS WAS MY POINT ALL ALONG.... Couldn't of said it any better..... Would love for a promoter to STEP the fuck up and try to answer the Dogekid man!!!!!!

Great post...... Sooooooooooo TRUE!!!

Where did you get the idea that vocals are "cheesey"?

Remember the biggest event ever in jersey....Luz divina @metro was that big because of one thing........THE BEST VOCAL (IMO) THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD.

I understand what you are saying, if a "sick " vocal was killed all day long on the radio, it would not be that sick for too long. But remember, the most talked about songs from jp at factory along with once in a while a hard ,crazy track like "goin through it" (which is very rare that most people are naming a song like that..........the ONLY songs people mention are SICK VOCALS that jonathan beats through your head and works his magic. What most people dont realise is that after he just took all your emotions away with his buetiful siick vocal, HE BEATS YOUR ASS with the most powerful hard track he can find to make you LOOSe IT!!!!! keep that in mind.

The right vocal creates more energy than most crazy hard tracks.

Originally posted by ml2k3

The right vocal creates more energy than most crazy hard tracks.

very true, but depending on your definition of 'crazy hard track', Tiesto can hold a crowd of 1000's for hours at a time with more energy than i've ever seen in ANY NJ club by playing tons of trance tracks, MANY of which don't have any vocals....

just a thought...

Well said well said,

But you cant pin pont on all venues in Jersey. Im sure you know that. Back then Bunka got MAX GRAHAM, SCOTT BOND, GREEN VELVET. DEKO/Abyss got a few on their belt Eric Morillo, Harry CHooChoo, DT @ Abyss. Everyone feels more talent should be brought here. There are a few venues that great talent can come and play. But gotta love your choices "ojeda at a disco afterhours or bailey, ink, macaluso, etc etc " Shawn Ink is the MAN!!

Victor Soto

for clarification, a vocal is cheesey when it's being performed at a club almost a year after it was first dropped.

and brian.. trust me, enough good people from jerz already do just that which is why the crowds in NJ are saturated w/ jerkoff's who know 0 about music.

Originally posted by thesandman

HOLY SHIT, THIS WAS MY POINT ALL ALONG.... Couldn't of said it any better..... Would love for a promoter to STEP the fuck up and try to answer the Dogekid man!!!!!!

Great post...... Sooooooooooo TRUE!!!

You keep askin for promoters to step up but Everytime ive brought anyone in different (Peter Bailey, Boris,Macaluso, Jason etc.. ) I havent seen you at any of the parties.

I think ive taken many chances and all of them have gone very well. I really want you to come to deko on a sat night and listen to Richie or maybe on a night where peter bailey is there or macaluso or jason ojeda or boris, cause they are all booked within the next 6-7 weeks. And were bringin in International Talent as well...someone i know NOONE would bring in cause most people wouldnt be aware of his talent.

I pride myself on my Parties not being cheesy music parties. Especially At Deko sat nights. Deko sat night is Music Driven and no cheese is played at all.

Anytime your willing to come check it out ill have a comp for you at the door and a couple shots waiting.

Originally posted by binoys

You keep askin for promoters to step up but Everytime ive brought anyone in different (Peter Bailey, Boris,Macaluso, Jason etc.. ) I havent seen you at any of the parties.

I think ive taken many chances and all of them have gone very well. I really want you to come to deko on a sat night and listen to Richie or maybe on a night where peter bailey is there or macaluso or jason ojeda or boris, cause they are all booked within the next 6-7 weeks. And were bringin in International Talent as well...someone i know NOONE would bring in cause most people wouldnt be aware of his talent.

I pride myself on my Parties not being cheesy music parties. Especially At Deko sat nights. Deko sat night is Music Driven and no cheese is played at all.

Anytime your willing to come check it out ill have a comp for you at the door and a couple shots waiting.

deko is 1 of very few exceptions (other bigger venue being surf) to the jerz standard in musical talent. and if i could pick 1 DJ that could truly hold it down in the city it'd be richie. kid has skillzzzzzzzzzzzz and produces some nasty beats.

deko is 1 of very few exceptions (other bigger venue being surf) to the jerz standard in musical talent. and if i could pick 1 DJ that could truly hold it down in the city it'd be richie. kid has skillzzzzzzzzzzzz and produces some nasty beats.

THANK YOU DOGEPROMO

Originally posted by binoys

I don't get to Deko much b/c its a hike for me.... But my piece of shit Lexus had some major work done (again) and is running just fine so I will make it a point to come down with in the month.

- I know Richie Santana does cool stuff, I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him too often b/c he doesn't spin near me much... but word of mouth on him is nothing but positive. Peter Bailey did nothing for me (other than Pnew) at surf... sorry. Jayson Ojeda has been consistant since Limelight 2000 Fridays and only gets better every year.

- Deko Sat. night sounds like a plan (not this week) I will take you up on your comp and shot... How about March 13th, that date is wide open for me.....?

Originally posted by vsoto212

Well said well said,

Shawn Ink is the MAN!!

Victor Soto

I agree, I think his next NJ set is scheduled for Fall of 2007, I can't wait....

If you heard him at SF 2 weeks ago he was just insane... I found myself punching the walls and choking random people. What a fun time. Only A to Z and Rydell can touch him in NJ..... fact.