Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is what our country has come to . . .

sobe2003

Originally posted by pod

You people call me paranoid, and overreactive.

:worry::shake::worry::shake: :shake: :shake::worry::shake::aaah:

Nahhh.......:tongue:

You bring up good points as to the way Americans are controlled by mass media. Unfortunately, WE are. We are controlled by fear from media manipulation. At least some of us are smart enough to notice this. We can only hope we can stop it....

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

Say it while you still can....

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK!!!

Originally posted by patrickl

And you all want to vote for Bush and his army of pro-censorship right-ist religious fanatics - it will get worse, not better.

If this new censorship isn't a reason NOT to vote for Bush, I don't know what is . . .

My friend in D.C. where Howard was not censored said that he is not really talking much about it this morning.

Maybe he will now stream the show on the internet or via XM radio . . . I would go out and buy XM immediately if not sooner if this was the case . . .

It will be interesting to see how this progresses . . .

Stupid motherfuckers, the typical puritan moralists jerk-offs...which by the way, ironicly always turn out to be the crack smokers, prostitute clients and child molesters...the problem with this country is that it was built upon lies and hipocresy under the name of God and family values but in reality is not as moral as it pretends to be...all this banning and censorship comes directly from dirty minded old fucks who's concience torments them each and every day....this is a gestapo-like action, it is against freedom of speech and it goes against what the constitution yaps about what this country stands for...freedom of speech my dick...actually freedom of speech is rapidly becoming the right to remain silent?

gestapo.gif

Local Article

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-clearchannelfeb26,0,1926312.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Clear Channel silences Howard Stern with 'zero tolerance' plan

By Tom Jicha

TV/Radio Writer

February 26, 2004

Clear Channel Communications, the nation's largest radio chain with more than 1,200 stations -- including more than a dozen in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach markets -- announced a "zero tolerance" policy for its on-air talent Wednesday and suspended the Howard Stern show on its stations that carry the "shock jock."

The moves by San Antonio-based Clear Channel, which earlier fired a talk-show host who broadcast sexually explicit material that drew threat of a fine from the Federal Communications Commission, came as Congress seeks to toughen penalties for indecency. The company's new policy includes making disc jockeys pay part of any federal fines imposed for using profanity.

Clear Channel's actions come less than a month after singer Justin Timberlake exposed Janet Jackson's breast on the Super Bowl halftime show, aired by Viacom Inc.'s CBS television network. A U.S. House panel earlier this month endorsed a bill raising indecency fines ten-fold, to $275,000 per violation.

"Clear Channel drew a line in the sand today with regard to protecting our listeners from indecent content, and Howard Stern's show blew right through it," Clear Channel Radio President John Hogan said in a statement distributed by Business Wire. "It was vulgar, offensive and insulting, not just to women and African Americans but to anyone with a sense of common decency."

Stern's show, which airs on WBGG, FM 105.9, is produced and distributed by Viacom Inc.'s Infinity radio unit. Clear Channel, which didn't disclose how many of its stations carry Stern's show, said it won't reinstate Stern "until we are assured that his show will conform to acceptable standards of responsible broadcasting."

Earlier this week Clear Channel fired shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge (real name Todd Clem) after the FCC proposed a $755,000 fine for allegedly indecent material aired on four Clear Channel stations in Florida.

The new rules will have little impact on what listeners hear on Clear Channel stations, according to David Ross, regional vice president of Clear Channel's South Florida stations. "I didn't have to wait for a corporate policy," he said. He has had a policy of airing shows with live talent on a delay -- from seven seconds to much longer, depending on the nature of the program -- to safeguard against indecent content. He also has regular conversations with his talent, reviewing what is permissible for broadcast.

Most of the hosts on Clear Channel's Miami-Fort Lauderdale talk station, WIOD, AM 610, are employees of Clear Channel or one of its subsidiaries from outside the market. They primarily talk politics from a conservative vantage point, and rarely go over the line.

Clear Channel's actions are illustrative of the reaction throughout broadcasting. Greg Reed, general manager of the Beasley Broadcasting stations -- including WQAM, AM 560, which broadcasts the often raunchy Neil Rogers Show -- said he has instituted a new indecency policy that clearly spells out what can't be said on the air. "Neil has been very cooperative," Reed said. "He knows the situation in Washington and has no problems with what we're doing."

Originally posted by sobe2003

If this new censorship isn't a reason NOT to vote for Bush, I don't know what is . . .

My friend in D.C. where Howard was not censored said that he is not really talking much about it this morning.

Maybe he will now stream the show on the internet or via XM radio . . . I would go out and buy XM immediately if not sooner if this was the case . . .

It will be interesting to see how this progresses . . .

Something to think about....

**I heard this on a radio show this morning**

Clear Channel has some ownership of XM Radio. I don't think he will be on there anytime soon if this is true.

Censorship over any media outlet of entertainment by the FCC is something we need to do something about NOW!!! The FCC wants to regulate programs over cable/satellite as well. We are heading in the wrong direction in this country....

Look at the mass hysteria over a patial exposed breast for less than 1 second has created.....:(

u know this is just agrivating...i will say this clearchannel has the right to air all the consevative shit they want....if they dont want the money that howard makes for there stations fine.....but if theres any contractual obligation that is keeping howard from seekinf other stations to carry his show....they should be cancelled...nulled, voided...whatever it is they do to contracts.....cuz im 1000000000000% sure that theres other stations aside from clearchennel that would love to have howard on , and making them the amount of money he can make a radio station!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by pod

See, XM isn't subject to the usual regs since it's a pay service. It's like how HBO can air the Sopranos, but NBC couldn't. So you could see Howard syndicated to the XM or Sirius service.

Yes POD, you are right. But you didn't see what I said. The FCC is looking into regulating such pay services like cable. HBO is on cable. :idea:

Here is an article about it:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.chapman13feb13,0,5416743.story?coll=bal-oped-headlines

So if they start with cable, they can easily start with XM radio.