Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Save Alaskan Wolves

I just sent a very important petition to the Governor of Alaska,

Frank Murkowski, expressing my outrage that he has signed a bill

allowing wolves to be hunted and killed from airplanes. The people

of Alaska have TWICE voted to revoke land-and-shoot in the last

seven years. But certain state officials want wolves killed to

boost moose and caribou herds for hunters.

Unlike wolves in the lower 48 states, wolves in Alaska are not afforded

protection under the Endangered Species Act, and wolf hunting is allowed

in most parts of the state. In the past five years, nearly 7,500 wolves

were killed through hunting and trapping.

Please go to http://www.savealaskawolves.org to learn more about this

urgent issue and to send a message to Gov. Murkowski telling him to support

protections for Alaskan wolves.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by misskittie

*gasp*

That's not funny. This really is a serious issue. These poor animals are living in their natural habitat and being hunted down in such a disgusting manner.

Grow a heart, dude.

grow a life

Originally posted by bbbooom

grow a life

I'll try to add that to my list of "to-do's" :rolleyes:

I happen to think this is a little more important than say, "Janet Jackson's tit" which so many of the CP'ers were enamored by.

It takes less than a minute to sign the petition. Instead of giving me shit, you could have been doing something good. Alaska IS a part of the United States afterall. Life doesn't evolve soley around NY. ;)

Originally posted by misskittie

I'll try to add that to my list of "to-do's" :rolleyes:

I happen to think this is a little more important than say, "Janet Jackson's tit" which so many of the CP'ers were enamored by.

It takes less than a minute to sign the petition. Instead of giving me shit, you could have been doing something good. Alaska IS a part of the United States afterall. Life doesn't evolve soley around NY. ;)

I agree with you

people need to realize world does not revolve around them and that we are slowly but surely destroying all ......

Originally posted by exit24e

ha ignorance... How does it change anything in your life if a wolf dies all the way out in Alaska. Theres sooooooo many more thing to worry about not even in Ny, but in the whole world. And you talk about my ignorance.

oh yes

because even something small and as insignificant as a wolf ...... according to you .....shows how how u feel about the world around you..... everything affects us one way or another....sooner or later..... and yes you cant save the world neither can I..... but we can help in everyway we can and respect the world we live in.....all it takes is care....

it just pisses me off when people think they live in a bubble.... unaffected....protected......

think about the food you eat....the clothes u wear....the things you do........

I believe do as you please.....just be aware of how it affect others

Well said girl! I personally have been a wolf and endangered speici animal lover for a long time. I believe that this is a very important subject, to not just the ppl of Alaska but also to the rest of the world. Everytime something gets put on the extinct list, its done over with. Something to never be seen again, and it is usually at fault of humans.

I cant stand the fact that most ppl dont really give a shit about things like this. Ethnocentrism kills lots of exploring minds.

-billy

Originally posted by nomembername

yeah but by the time it gets destroyed I'll be dead already so it doesn't effect me :laugh: :laugh:

my point exactly..... ignorance is a bliss.....yeah continue to live in a bubble.....;)

just watch out before it pops out on u unexpectedly :)

Originally posted by rs22b

Well said girl! I personally have been a wolf and endangered speici animal lover for a long time. I believe that this is a very important subject, to not just the ppl of Alaska but also to the rest of the world. Everytime something gets put on the extinct list, its done over with. Something to never be seen again, and it is usually at fault of humans.

I cant stand the fact that most ppl dont really give a shit about things like this. Ethnocentrism kills lots of exploring minds.

-billy

hallelujah billy :) :)

:eek: WOW!

I should send this thread to Harvard's review board of ultimate ignoramus. It was like watching a science experiment go horribly wrong.

Miss Kittie I support your cause.

For the rest of you dopes....keeping popping pills so you can kill yourselves.

-iliana

:blown:

:rolleyes:

Why should people care about wolves dying when there are also people dying everyday? For all I care they can kill the wolves not just in Alaska, but the whole world. While you're at it, add snakes, sharks, and alligators to that list. So we'll never see these vicious animals again, oh no, boohoo, cry me a river.

You said it yourself, that we're effected by everything around us. Maybe if some humans are never exposed to animals such as these, it will keep their barbaric side deep down inside them. This argument makes just as much sense as yours.

Animal rights? Maybe once every human on Earth is living nice and comfortably. Find a cure for every human disease, a way to stop wars and corruption. Then talk to me about a bunch of wild beasts in Alaska.

When was the last time you heard of wolves starting a campaign to save humans anywhere? Sounds ridiculous right? Why don't you go live with the Alaskan wolves if this cause means so much to you. Your cause is weak.

Maybe you can ask Disney to do a movie with talking cartoon wolves who act and think like humans so that little kids will be dumb enough to think these animals are actually worth two s*its. :blown: