Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Micro @ Nation 3/26/04

Thats right,,,the Caffiene and east coast party scene legend DJ MIcro is coming back to long Island to throw down on his old turf. L.I.'s hottest underground spot is in for a treat as the legendary techno wizard is gonna throw down a nasty set for all the Nationers.You definitly dont want to miss this night...a rare treat indeed:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He came into the Long Island rave scene as Michael Marsicano, but by the time word got around of what he could do as a DJ, his DJ persona, Micro, had already become a part of American dance music history. Turned on to house and techno through the efforts of pioneering techno DJ Frankie Bones, Micro brought the burgeoning sound back to Long Island with him, hosting several clubs until forming the legendary techno night Caffeine with two other partners in Dix Hills, N.Y. Like NYC's NASA and Baltimore's Fever, Caffeine served as the backbone to the Long Island rave scene, defining a movement which encompassed its own distinctive approach to fashion, dancing, and sound. Serving as one of the club's resident DJs alongside Onionz, Micro's record selection served as the basis for many an East Coast kid's introduction to dance music.

When Caffeine folded, Micro turned his eye to production and to touring the nationwide rave circuit. He's known for mixing hard and progressive house, trance, and occasional breaks on the aggressive side of the New York dance music tradition. With partner Vicious Vic, Micro founded a techno duo called Progression and scored a club hit with their "Reach Further." And to this day, Micro helps to perpetuate the Caffeine legacy, which nowadays functions as a clothing line and a record label which Micro A&Rs. In addition to helming the annual Caffeine club tours, Micro has participated in the Moonshine Overamerica tours and the Zen Festival in Orlando, Fla.

This Biography was written by Justin Hampton

What about this Friday...........no WMC for me and wanna check it out since I'll FINALLY be back on LI....my stomping grounds:) Rob James you gonna be spinning..........would like to hear a set of yours......bring me back to the good ol days.

This Friday night, the Nation residents will be treating our ears all night. This is the lineup:

Matt (MattM2o) & Eric 10:30-12:00

DJ Hurricane 12:00- 1:00

Rick Santiago 1:00- 2:00

Rob James 2:00-close (around 6 am or so)

Should be one nasty fuckin night of music.

See you guys Friday night.

Originally posted by Joe618

Damn, DJ Micro. I havent heard him in years. Back in the party days! I would love to hear him again. I used to like him alot. I wonder if his style has changed at all.

yeah i saw him back in december.. he doesn't spin like he used to.. i really can't point it out.. im just not as in to it as i was but i'm def making the trek from si for this one..

I cannot wait for Micro, the last time I saw him as well was at the Asbury Park Convention Center. Whether Micro plays breaks or trance or takes it back to the days of ol', he is going to rip shit up. Like everyone says, at Nation our DJs that come in love the place and they feed off the vibe, and they blow the fuckin roof off the place.

Micro is a crucial part of why Long Island Underground Scene is what it is. This is a night, that no one on Long Island should miss. It's like the godfather coming back home, and once again showing Long Island how this is done. This is guaranteed, to be a memorable night of music and good times.... Def don't want to miss out on this one......

Vaughn

MO