Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sasha and digweed at mansion last nite

skywalker01

they completely tore the place apart last night!!! i know a lot of people think they're over-rated these days, but lemme tell you this was the best set i've heard from them in the eight years that i've gone to wmc. the shorter set left them no time for dark boring shit, just a great upbeat, bangin' set the ENTIRE night. i'm not much of a trainspotter, so hopefully someone else can come up with a tracklisting. even though $50 to get in and $8 beers adds up to a lot of money for a few hours, at 5am i had no regrets.:D

fuckin amazing to say the least ..

unkle - in a state (sasha mix)

white stripes - seven nation army (breaks mix)

were the encores

and the new unkle record reign supreme or something.

great to finally see them together and in proper form.

i'm off to get ready for jazid.

went for about 10 mins. it was hot as hell, the sound system sounded like sh*t, and the crowd was just sitting around for the most part. the bit of music I heard was nice. it was just way too packed to really enjoy. went to Nikki Beach instead. music was good, and atmosphere was a lot more pleasant. hope I can catch S&D some other time during the year.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by rcrespo

fuckin amazing to say the least ..

unkle - in a state (sasha mix)

white stripes - seven nation army (breaks mix)

were the encores

and the new unkle record reign supreme or something.

great to finally see them together and in proper form.

i'm off to get ready for jazid.

:cuss:

I was sooooo exhausted from Ultra last night, I couln't make it.

In a state??? Oh man.....

Originally posted by sobeton

went for about 10 mins. it was hot as hell, the sound system sounded like sh*t, and the crowd was just sitting around for the most part. the bit of music I heard was nice. it was just way too packed to really enjoy. went to Nikki Beach instead. music was good, and atmosphere was a lot more pleasant. hope I can catch S&D some other time during the year.

Dear Tony,

S&D used their own sound system and speakers, so that sound had nothing to do with Mansion's own system. :)

We had Chemical Brothers last night, and they used Mansion'a sound system.

By the way, it was good to see you after long time. :)

Originally posted by miaminice

Dear Tony,

S&D used their own sound system and speakers, so that sound had nothing to do with Mansion's own system. :)

im surprised to hear that!!

cos it did sound llike shite at he time...

s&d did tear it up..

mansion looks nice. def needs improvemtent on the sound..

ah 930pmjust got off the lust boat party

:D

Wow..............Sasha and Digweed were amazing. By far my set of the conference so far.

I got to Mansion around 1 AM knowing that it might be tough as hell to get in even with the advance tickets I had cause they had warned us that if it gets 2 crowded they may not respect it cause of fire marshals. Well as I get to door notice a crazy long line to the club, but also see a shorter line to the other side for advance tickets. One little dilemma I was having was we came in a group of 5 and only 3 had bought tickets, so I explained that to the lady working the tickets and the bouncer in the front and they got us all inside in no time. Lots of times I know it does not work like that so glad the doorman were cool about it.

Get in the club and make my way to the main room. Packed, packed, packed... S&D had already started so was kinda dissapointed in missing james zabiela's set, but with such great music coming from the duo no way was that going to bug me for long. The sound was good in the main dance floor but its a huge room and as I made my way upstairs where the vip tables/beds were the sound was not that good. Now I ain't no sound technician, but I think it would be a good investment for the mansion group to get that sound system that maze had. Enough about the sound cause I think everybody in the club said fuck it as the music was good enough to make everybody forget about it. I really can't emphasize how good the music was that night, really amazing and the best part was I could not id more then 3 songs the whole night and usually can ID a little more then that but this is the way I like it. They played music I never heard before.

About the club itself the look is great. It really does look like a huge mansion. Love the mirrors, the beds, the lighting as you go up from the main room to upstairs. Best part of the whole mansion concept though is the way the staff is dressed. Damnnnnnnn, that bartender upstairs :eek: She looked amazing and they had her dress as a sexy ass maid. Needless to say tons of us just kept ordering beer over and over from her. They had some nice dancers as well on the speakers, sorta like crobar and space do occasionaly which was a nice touch. Overall I really like the look of the place and the staff were all very friendly.

Still nothing in this world is perfect and a couple of complaints from me is fix the ac system and improve the sound system. Other then that no complaints, hopefully the place can attract the type of crowd it had saturday night on a regular basis as it was a really good crowd reminding me of how crobar was the first couple of times I went to it. It was a vip type crowd combined with true music fans that will dress up for a good night out. As far as drink prices, yeah they are a bit expansive but nothing out of the ordinary for clubs on sobe or downtown. Oh one more recommendation, keep booking top notch acts such as sasha and digweed and of course some acts we don't get to see play miami often, would love to see fatboy slim play that room or a live pa from hybrid or infusion there.