Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*OFFICIAL* Erick Morillo Review!

lolahotass

Second night in a row going to Crobar....... started off the evening at Mirage to hear chicago house dj Chris Gin - left there right after his set and headed to the Cro.. thankfully the line was moving and we got in a few minutes after midnight.... my buddy Etienne received a text message at 2:30am that they weren't allowing anyone else in.... full to capacity!

On one side of the 2nd floor, they had it roped off for VIP... nothing major.. They also set up stage in front and moved the screen that usually over the dj off to an angle on the side. Looked neat.. Soooo Hector Romero gets the crowd going... I thought his set was pretty good all though (if I recall correctly) he had a pretty big train wreck.... and on occassion, gets a little "horn" friendly... but regardless I was dancing like crazy.. stopped by the booth to say hello to Sheldon Romero - good chattin' with ya sweetie ;)

So now its time.... Erick Morillo... holyyy shit.... this guy is the bomb..... I dug his track selection - especially the CLASSICS! Oh man, the place all but blew up when he dropped SWEET DREAMS, like the 20 minute long version:eek: And for the 2nd night in a row, the crowd went nuts when SEVEN NATION ARMY was dropped...

Okay, so we are on the 2nd floor dancing and we see this bright light directly across from us... realize its a movie camera... so looking closer, you can see P.Diddy and his whole entourage.... trya banks and some other "notable" celebrities..... then puffy gets on the stage and talks about his new techno cd coning out, blah blah blah... Mitch and I ended up going in the other room - and glad we did.. the uk guys were killin' it! Anyway, back to Morillo.... the guy is just SICK... I had a blast!

I'd like to say that I DID NOT SEE ONE MIAMI CP'ER IN THE HOUSE :( :( :(

That was really depressing considering so many people said they were going..... BUT on the upside, I got to hang with ALLLLL my buddies from vip :)

btw, there were a million celebrities in the house last night... if any of you are into that... i personally could care less, but it was just odd at how many I recognized!

Laterrrrrrrrrrrr:D

Guest saleen351

morillo is the best dj in the world right now... dade sez it's felix, but he's smoking crack again.. morillo is #1 by far... and puff daddys cd looks pretty good, but it's not a techno cd, unless felix produces techno nowadays...

Originally posted by saleen351

morillo is the best dj in the world right now... dade sez it's felix, but he's smoking crack again.. morillo is #1 by far... and puff daddys cd looks pretty good, but it's not a techno cd, unless felix produces techno nowadays...

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WRONG !!! BEST HOUSE DJ IS OSCAR G !! :tongue: :tongue:

Yeah, I couldn't get in. Got there a little before 3am, they weren't even letting in people with tickets. I'm glad I never prepay. By the way, anyone who buys tickets in advance and gets refused entry, please PM me. I'd be interested to see how many are out there and if a class action suit might wake these mother fuckers up. :D

Didn't know you were going to be there Lola. Looks like you had a sick time! Someone needs to shut P Diddy up for good. :eek:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by macboy

Yeah, I couldn't get in. Got there a little before 3am, they weren't even letting in people with tickets. I'm glad I never prepay. By the way, anyone who buys tickets in advance and gets refused entry, please PM me. I'd be interested to see how many are out there and if a class action suit might wake these mother fuckers up. :D

Didn't know you were going to be there Lola. Looks like you had a sick time! Someone needs to shut P Diddy up for good. :eek:

help me howard said they have to give you your money back or give you something comprable.. but since i never pay cover, i have no use for these silly little laws to protect the non club legends..

help me howard said they have to give you your money back or give you something comprable.. but since i never pay cover, i have no use for these silly little laws to protect the non club legends..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that has got to be one of the funniest things ive ever seen you post dude !! :laugh: :laugh:

damn! what a night!!!!!! :D

got there with my crew around 12:15 and when taking us to our table by the balconies found out that it had been taken but no other than P. Diddy so I raised up a storm and talked to one of the owners. We were given a table downstairs and an extra bottle of champagne so it was all good. :D

At that time Harry Romero was on the decks and the place was already jumping...he was dropping some serious NY house and everybody was loving it....when he played a remix of Human League - Don't you want me baby; all the crowd went nuts.

Then Erick came on and he kicked it up to another level, now the place was really shaking with the energy all over. As Lola said, place went crazy when he dropped Sweet Dreams and Seven Nation Army. P. Diddy performed for like 30 minutes and it was good but I think that a little too long...people got excited and all but we all wanted to hear Erick so when he started again the crowd was loving it.

I also think that Crobar should have been opened till 7am. Those kinda parties should last longer. :hat:

Originally posted by laliux

At that time Harry Romero was on the decks and the place was already jumping...he was dropping some serious NY house and everybody was loving it....when he played a remix of Human League - Don't you want me baby; all the crowd went nuts.

Then Erick came on and he kicked it up to another level, now the place was really shaking with the energy all over. As Lola said, place went crazy when he dropped Sweet Dreams and Seven Nation Army. P. Diddy performed for like 30 minutes and it was good but I think that a little too long...people got excited and all but we all wanted to hear Erick so when he started again the crowd was loving it.

I also think that Crobar should have been opened till 7am. Those kinda parties should last longer. :hat:

Oh hell yeah! When HR dropped Don't you want me baby - the crowd was in a frenzy... we were all SCREAMING the song back to him... he was in the booth going nuts.. it was AWESOME!!!!!

I LOVE ERICK MORILLO:D

Also I agree 100% Lalo - its too bad the beach didn't get the 7am ordinance.... same thing with Coxy on Saturday - place was insane and should have kept going until 7am...

well i wasn't sure what specific "genre" of electronic music - but its going to be some form of "dance" music.

I think most people caught my drift when i used the word techno.

;)

Originally posted by lolahotass

Second night in a row going to Crobar....... started off the evening at Mirage to hear chicago house dj Chris Gin - left there right after his set and headed to the Cro.. thankfully the line was moving and we got in a few minutes after midnight.... my buddy Etienne received a text message at 2:30am that they weren't allowing anyone else in.... full to capacity!

On one side of the 2nd floor, they had it roped off for VIP... nothing major.. They also set up stage in front and moved the screen that usually over the dj off to an angle on the side. Looked neat.. Soooo Hector Romero gets the crowd going... I thought his set was pretty good all though (if I recall correctly) he had a pretty big train wreck.... and on occassion, gets a little "horn" friendly... but regardless I was dancing like crazy.. stopped by the booth to say hello to Sheldon Romero - good chattin' with ya sweetie ;)

So now its time.... Erick Morillo... holyyy shit.... this guy is the bomb..... I dug his track selection - especially the CLASSICS! Oh man, the place all but blew up when he dropped SWEET DREAMS, like the 20 minute long version:eek: And for the 2nd night in a row, the crowd went nuts when SEVEN NATION ARMY was dropped...

Okay, so we are on the 2nd floor dancing and we see this bright light directly across from us... realize its a movie camera... so looking closer, you can see P.Diddy and his whole entourage.... trya banks and some other "notable" celebrities..... then puffy gets on the stage and talks about his new techno cd coning out, blah blah blah... Mitch and I ended up going in the other room - and glad we did.. the uk guys were killin' it! Anyway, back to Morillo.... the guy is just SICK... I had a blast!

That was really depressing considering so many people said they were going..... BUT on the upside, I got to hang with ALLLLL my buddies from vip :)

btw, there were a million celebrities in the house last night... if any of you are into that... i personally could care less, but it was just odd at how many I recognized!

Nice review :cool: Woulda been there but didn't go out at all sunday night. I'll get some nice house to make it up on tuesday night and from what I hear may not be 2 long before morillo is back in town playing again.

Lola, how was Chris? I actually was going to into Crobar, but when I saw the line and thought about the cover and being a bit buzzed I decided to head over to Mansion for Chemical brothers which put on an Awesome show. I really wanted to see Morillo seeing as though the last 2 times I saw him here he was phenominal, but I never saw chemical brothers and it was the better decision. Glad everyone had a good time.

:)

Originally posted by lolahotass

EXCELLENT review! I was so fuckin cracked out that I didn't go...just now coming back to Planet Earth. :laugh:

I will hit you up tomorrow. ;)

Originally posted by lilliz77

Lola, how was Chris?

My first time hearing Chris Gin - and I'll tell you, I was very impressed... it was soooooooo cool to see some old skool Chicago cro-kiddies from the boards.. he had those of us that were there moving our asses on the dancefloor..

Its too bad he couldn't have spun a better venue for a longer amount of time.... but there's always next year:D