Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Numark PPD01 Mixer

Hyype

i'm having problems with my numark mixer... it worked fine for a year [warranty expired last week] and all of a sudden it turned into a christmas tree with flashing lights and no sound... i have no idea what caused it, but whatever it is, it's messing up a lot of things... if anyone has/had a similar problem, please hook a brotha up with a solution or post an address of a repair shop close to Aventura/NMB... kthx...

Numarkppd01.jpg

damn bro...that sucks...two things u can do: 1) buy a new mixer (NOT a Numark) or call Numark directly and explain to them what is happening...they will prob. fix it for u for a price and of course dont forget shipping costs...i personally dont like Numark, even though that model of Numark brings some effects, i would have gone a diff. route...visit Numark online or buy a new mixer...i dont know of anyone that could fix mixers, and even if they could..would u trust some dude off the street to fix ur mixer with all the effects? i would much rather send it back to Numark and let them handle it...:idea:

I'm not sure, but drop Nexusgroove a line, he has contacts with Numark reps through his rental business.

Back when I did sound reinforcement and lighting as a side job, we had a Numark 1720 mixer. Good for house parties and shit, but horrid for anything remotely resembling a real gig. Most of the time we'd rent a UREI or a Rane, or worst-case a DJM-600...usually the artists specked that anyway, so it was cost-effective in the end.

Even for home use, I wouldn't bother with any of the second-tier brands like Numark, Gemini, and such...save your bucks and get a Rane, Stanton, or a Pioneer.

Road case too, the leading cause of mixer death amongst mobile DJs is accidents during transport. Even a minor bump can knock something askew in a lesser mixer and cause issues. Plus, road cases rock and make you look cooler. Get Calzones or Pelicans.

Originally posted by pod

Even for home use, I wouldn't bother with any of the second-tier brands like Numark, Gemini, and such...save your bucks and get a Rane, Stanton, or a Pioneer.

agreed...and if u want another quality mixer, Vestax is also a good investment, although i find them extremely pricey...

thanks for replies... i'm taking this bi0tch to the shop in a few...

btw, i owned a 19" rane zsomething mixer before buying numark... it was great, but was giving me problems [it was prolly dropped as a kid], so i got rid of it... i also got rid of a coffin with a 19" mixer slot and got me a smaller one instead [saved lotsa dough], so numark was the best thing for it [i thought]... i bought it the week it came out, so i didn't get a chance to see bad reviews, only 'omfg i die' kinda stuff... oh well...

Originally posted by Hyype

bah... nevermind previous post... i didn't get it fixed... so, does anyone know any good shops in aventura/nmb area? kthx

try Guitar Center in Hollywood...u can haggle pricing with them...some Denons are good...i would go the Pioneer/Vestax/Stanton way...if u have loot to drop, buy a Allen-Heath...they are also quality mixers...

Originally posted by Hyype

i don't wanna buy another mixer, so i'm asking if anyone knows a good repair shop somewhere in my area...

bro do what grooveric said...just buy a new one..put the old one back in the box and return it...i wouldnt trust anyone to repair that kind of mixer unless its Numark...but thats just me...

FYI: The first series of PPD's has inherent flaws...

Make sure whoever fixes it is Warranted / Authorized to do repairs on Numark products

If not You’ll have more problems before you know it (because of the Microprocessor)

If you still have not found anyone contact Numark directly (your best source for an accurate repair)

Hope this helps,