Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD OR Tiesto

paulvandykism

Whos PRODUCTIONS are better, meaning their own songs, Paul Van Dyk or DJ Tiesto?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whos PRODUCTIONS are better, meaning their own songs, Paul Van Dyk or DJ Tiesto?

• DJ Tiesto
    • Paul Van Dyk

Honestly, there is an easy way to distinguish.

If you go to a club to spend 400 bux on a table to sit down, have your drink, and listen to very vocal, melodic trance, with some epic at the end, the decision would definitely be Tiesto over PVD.

HOWEVER~

Trance fans who enjoy standing up and paying 100 plus dollars worth of drinks at the bar, who would rather dance their asses off to epic, hard, and vocal trance, with a hint of breakbeats,would most definitely choose PVD. he is the dj that gets the crowd going, whereas Tiesto wooes the crowd.

both are great to see but you could easily tell a tiesto crowd from a PVD one, PVD's crowd would be a bunch of jumping maniacs whereas Tiesto's crowd would be a bit more mellow...

<.02>

:afro: words from yo fave BBJ

PVD layed down the foundation of great trance , even though over the last 2 years or so Tiesto has been on TOP .

I seem to lean towards PVD as he was really prevalent in my electronic music "enlightenment" back in the day .

But both are Gangsta !

:cool:

I think It's very simple. Above all its a matter of individual taste, and everyone is entitled to their opinion....

BUT the diference is clear. Those who were -in mursa's words- "enlightened" before or around the year 2000 more or less, will tend to prefer PVD. Those who are quite newer to the scene.. post 2000, 2001 will tend to prefer tiesto.

The poll is about production, and i must remind you again that every single record out there that PVD has ever done, with the exception of the Ministry of Sound's Politics Of Dancing ( His only compilation cd evah) He has created/produced every song in these albums... and i have to mention those are some of the most powerful songs this genre has ever generated.... (for an angel, avenue, words...) just to name a few oldies.

Like I said before. everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a person who loves trance and doesnt listen or hates pvd, is like a vegetarian that doesnt eat lettuce. im sorry... get ur shit straight and for god's ache.. Pick up 'Out there and back' or 'Global', blast that shit on headphones or ur car or wherever, and tell me u dont feel anything. :blank:

justmy 2 cents on this matter. so,

Peace, Love and Trance for Everyone! lol

Mp3.-:smoke:

PS: wassap ppl! long time no post! hehe :D

Originally posted by mp3some

Like I said before. everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a person who loves trance and doesnt listen or hates pvd, is like a vegetarian that doesnt eat lettuce.

personally, pvd doesnt do anything for me. i have seen him more than once and the only thing i can think of is how bad it is...the crowd, the music, the atmosphere....

liking trance doesnt require listening or liking pvd...

thats my 2 cents..

Originally posted by majinbuu

personally, pvd doesnt do anything for me. i have seen him more than once and the only thing i can think of is how bad it is...the crowd, the music, the atmosphere....

liking trance doesnt require listening or liking pvd...

thats my 2 cents..

Well, my question to you is: have u ever seen him somewhere else outside miami?!

Listen closely to one of his live sets from wherever.. You will be surprised. ;)

I have had the privlege to listen to him live for over 3 yrs on a very regular basis in different cities on the east coast, and i agree with you, in that some of the sets he's played here in miami are def nothing to die for. maybe the venue/crowd/vibe combination was off, but... For some reason, he sometimes gets what many djs get when playing miami, .. they feel they have to adjust to what Miami likes, when bringing it on is what Miami Needs!

Like i said, u cant please everyone, so there...

to each their own.

Peace!

Mp3.-:smoke:

Originally posted by Hyype

as far as producing... well, i respect PvD a lot simply because he doesn't use a sound engineer and can actually play keyboard while Tiesto DOES NOT PRODUCE at all... 'Traffic' is a remake of an old tune... Magik Muzik is Geert Huinink , not Tiesto... Geert and Alco Lammers are the masterminds behind music that has Tijs' name on it... same goes for Mr Sam and George Acosta... both of them also pay other artists to make music for them... PM me if you want proofs...

p.s. i'm not a Tiesto hater or whatever... i hate them all equally...

ahahahahhahahahhahah

:laugh: Tiesto can't produce at all?? That's funny coming from someone like you because it seems you have some knowledge about electronic music. So he can't produce at all huh? I'm not even going to argue..............:rolleyes:

well, i know when i first started listening to trance, PVD was the big dawg in town... He was at the head of the game, and his sound was what all other dj's tried to imitate... BUT now i cant stand his ass!!!! I think his music is boring, the sounds he uses are weak, and that all his fans are from hype.....

I wouldnt call myself a true trance fan anymore, but i do know that tiesto puts on the best show.... Music has everyone's full attention, and the guy simply plays AMAZING music.....

weather or not he makes it, or a clerk in his studio, i dont know... but it doenst get much better than flight 643, lethal industry, and his remix of silence...

PVD's politics of dance, and out there and back made me want to vomit!!!! Although i used to jam to some of his sets of 2000-01!!!

my 2 cents

Originally posted by beatfriek

well, i know when i first started listening to trance, PVD was the big dawg in town... He was at the head of the game, and his sound was what all other dj's tried to imitate... BUT now i cant stand his ass!!!! I think his music is boring, the sounds he uses are weak, and that all his fans are from hype.....

I wouldnt call myself a true trance fan anymore, but i do know that tiesto puts on the best show.... Music has everyone's full attention, and the guy simply plays AMAZING music.....

weather or not he makes it, or a clerk in his studio, i dont know... but it doenst get much better than flight 643, lethal industry, and his remix of silence...

PVD's politics of dance, and out there and back made me want to vomit!!!! Although i used to jam to some of his sets of 2000-01!!!

my 2 cents

pssssssssssss ...... just another Lawler Whore ! :D

Originally posted by hyper-ion

ahahahahhahahahhahah

:laugh: Tiesto can't produce at all?? That's funny coming from someone like you because it seems you have some knowledge about electronic music. So he can't produce at all huh? I'm not even going to argue..............:rolleyes:

did you ever bother to even look in the back of his album cover? did you ever bother to compare magik muzik tunes to tiesto's? do you have any sources who worked closely with tiesto?

Originally posted by CHRles

They both suck....it's all about DJ Paris Hilton, and future superstar DJ, Hillary Duff :tongue:

Brother get the f**ck out of here with that sh*t. The "DJ" in front of Paris Hilton shouldn't even be there. DJ is for Disc Jockey, and Paris Hilton doesn't even touch a "Disc". Shes doesn't probably like music, shes just there for the Fame. and the B*tch has minor mental illnesses. plus she's NARCASISTIC.