Clubplanet Nightlife Community

story of e

you just realized this now??

candy flippin anyone?

Gone are the days of factory of rails off the bar scoops at the water fountain and fliipin candy in your mouth in front of bouncers with no worries. (Wonder why that place got shut down anyway? anyone know?)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kostaP

you just realized this now??

candy flippin anyone?

Gone are the days of factory of rails off the bar scoops at the water fountain and fliipin candy in your mouth in front of bouncers with no worries. (Wonder why that place got shut down anyway? anyone know?)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by susancs

hey all -

don't know if you remember but a while back i posted about a Peter Jennings documentary on Ecstasy. Well, its now going to air next THURSDAY, APRIL 1st at 10PM EST (9PM MT) on ABC (channel 7). I think you will all be surprised by it - and like it - so tell your friends about it and check it out. And please let me know what you think of it. (pjprod@abc.com) Here's some info on it:

“Peter Jennings Reporting: Ecstasy Rising”

Airs Thursday, April 1st, on ABC at 10PM EST

ABC NEWS TO AIR ONE-HOUR SPECIAL REPORT ON

TODAY’S DRUG OF CHOICE -- ECSTASY

The rise of Ecstasy is a major event in drug history. If current trends continue, 1.8 million Americans will try Ecstasy for the first time in 2004; only marijuana will attract more new users. Overwhelming, positive word of mouth has made Ecstasy a nightmare for drug controllers. On a special edition of “Primetime Thursday,” Peter Jennings tells the epic story of Ecstasy that has never been heard. “Peter Jennings Reporting: Ecstasy Rising” airs THURSDAY, APRIL 1st at 10pm EST on the ABC Television Network.

In the 1990s, Ecstasy seemed to come out of nowhere to join marijuana, cocaine and heroin as one of the four most widely used illegal drugs in the country. No other drug has ever spread so fast.

To halt its spread, the U.S. Government has spent millions of dollars making a dramatic case against Ecstasy as a dangerous drug. The headline of this campaign has been that Ecstasy causes massive brain damage. But this is a claim based on flawed science, and many Ecstasy users now feel their government has no credibility.

What do we know about the real risks of Ecstasy? Has the government been its own worst enemy in the fight to stop the drug’s use?

“Peter Jennings Reporting: Ecstasy Rising” takes viewers through the seminal events in this story and introduces all the major players -- from Alexander Shulgin, the famous chemist who was the first person to report the effects of Ecstasy, to Michael Clegg, the Dallas businessman who gave Ecstasy its name and turned it into a recreational drug, to the drug enforcement officer who led the fight to make Ecstasy illegal, to the DJ who brought Rave to America. This special tells the definitive story of how an obscure compound, discovered in 1912 and all but forgotten for over 60 years, became the drug of choice for a generation.

yeah. its bones.

Anyway - just a reminder for you all to check out the show tomorrow (Thurs, April 1st, 10pm est on ABC) We started working on this show a over a year ago and it was supposed air a long time ago - but ABC didn't want to air it because they thought it was too controversial. But in the end, we got our way and it is being aired - unchaged. So it would be great to have your support to show the network that they did the right thing by putting this on. Thanks.

I think the networks mistake was waiting so long to air it............something of this magnitude should have been aired a while ago. Why on earth are people afraid to take risks that in the long run will benifit people? Controversial or not!

My exact involvement in the program was as a production associate - which means I assisted the producers in all aspects of production. And yes, I have done E.

...u were a PA?.....as in ...get me coffee...hold this wire......run this down the street......wipe my ass..........

...involved in all aspects of the production YES....because u have to do whatever anyone on the set asks....

..if we were playing drinking games.....and let's just say...asshole was our game choice.......being then asshole is basically the equivalent of a pa...

..not knockin it...ya gotta start somewhere ...but let's not try to pull the wool over the eyes of those who don't know.......

...once again.....my work is done

Originally posted by badassmafuka

crackhead, why dont you broadcast this

Why do you like to tell people what drugs you do????

Are you kidding?! What moron on here doesnt?? Didnt that rod character actually do like an entire Excel spread sheet on what he did EACH day in Sobe?? Cause thats COOL!

Kids on here think people read this and say "wooow! he's NUTS for doing that!" When in reality everyone is reading this saying "god, what a fucking loser":constipa:

Originally posted by fakearmani

Are you kidding?! What moron on here doesnt?? Didnt that rod character actually do like an entire Excel spread sheet on what he did EACH day in Sobe?? Cause thats COOL!

Kids on here think people read this and say "wooow! he's NUTS for doing that!" When in reality everyone is reading this saying "god, what a fucking loser":constipa:

well arent you just the cool one for telling it like it is! :aright:

are you fucking for real?

Most of us know each other, from before CP.

roddigga is roddigga you gotta know him to love him.

dont think your better than anyone onhere cause youre not. so get off that high holier than thou horse.

Originally posted by kostaP

well arent you just the cool one for telling it like it is! :aright:

are you fucking for real?

Most of us know each other, from before CP.

roddigga is roddigga you gotta know him to love him.

dont think your better than anyone onhere cause youre not. so get off that high holier than thou horse.

He was just an example. Just trying to say that there is NO REASON to promote what drugs you do on the weekends on a public messageboard......... its :ghey:

Originally posted by fakearmani

He was just an example. Just trying to say that there is NO REASON to promote what drugs you do on the weekends on a public messageboard......... its :ghey:

I really do agree with you on promoting what you do on the board

I like my private things kept to myself

Rod is Rod we love him... I know Rod before the boards

But your right no reason to promote ho many bumps or scoops you can do

all I have to say is...............................

sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

hey ya doin

Originally posted by badassmafuka

I really do agree with you on promoting what you do on the board

I like my private things kept to myself

Rod is Rod we love him... I know Rod before the boards

But your right no reason to promote ho many bumps or scoops you can do

all I have to say is...............................

sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

hey ya doin

badassmafuka

TEMPKIDS COKE A COLA CREW

laugh my fucking ass off......nice title!!!!!!!!!

hey all -

don't know if you remember but a while back i posted about a Peter Jennings documentary on Ecstasy. Well, its now going to air next THURSDAY, APRIL 1st at 10PM EST (9PM MT) on ABC (channel 7). I think you will all be surprised by it - and like it - so tell your friends about it and check it out. And please let me know what you think of it. (pjprod@abc.com) Here's some info on it:

“Peter Jennings Reporting: Ecstasy Risingâ€

Airs Thursday, April 1st, on ABC at 10PM EST

ABC NEWS TO AIR ONE-HOUR SPECIAL REPORT ON

TODAY’S DRUG OF CHOICE -- ECSTASY

The rise of Ecstasy is a major event in drug history. If current trends continue, 1.8 million Americans will try Ecstasy for the first time in 2004; only marijuana will attract more new users. Overwhelming, positive word of mouth has made Ecstasy a nightmare for drug controllers. On a special edition of “Primetime Thursday,†Peter Jennings tells the epic story of Ecstasy that has never been heard. “Peter Jennings Reporting: Ecstasy Rising†airs THURSDAY, APRIL 1st at 10pm EST on the ABC Television Network.

In the 1990s, Ecstasy seemed to come out of nowhere to join marijuana, cocaine and heroin as one of the four most widely used illegal drugs in the country. No other drug has ever spread so fast.

To halt its spread, the U.S. Government has spent millions of dollars making a dramatic case against Ecstasy as a dangerous drug. The headline of this campaign has been that Ecstasy causes massive brain damage. But this is a claim based on flawed science, and many Ecstasy users now feel their government has no credibility.

What do we know about the real risks of Ecstasy? Has the government been its own worst enemy in the fight to stop the drug’s use?

“Peter Jennings Reporting: Ecstasy Rising†takes viewers through the seminal events in this story and introduces all the major players -- from Alexander Shulgin, the famous chemist who was the first person to report the effects of Ecstasy, to Michael Clegg, the Dallas businessman who gave Ecstasy its name and turned it into a recreational drug, to the drug enforcement officer who led the fight to make Ecstasy illegal, to the DJ who brought Rave to America. This special tells the definitive story of how an obscure compound, discovered in 1912 and all but forgotten for over 60 years, became the drug of choice for a generation.

god i love pills

sunshines are like the best pills yet

Ecstasy Rising - Peter Jennings - Show was AMAZING! r/o

I hope some of you had a chance to catch the "Ecstacy Rising" special with Peter Jennings last nite on channel 7. It was amazing to watch and learn about the rise adn fall of this popular drug.

I was also suprised to see the spin they put on it, it really showed that the US government basically 'made-up' the so called 'scientific facts' that E causes permanent brain damage. In other studies done last year in germany and England, impartial scientists discovered that after repeated use the levels of serotonin in your brain only decrease by 4 - 5%, and they are restored back to normal after 3 months of abstinenece...

Basically it proved that the US couldnt find anything "socially wrong" with the drug, there were no deaths, fights, health risks, social problems, etc. and basically it was touted as a "love drug" or "hug drug" and was doing wonders in psycotherapy patients who had experienced post trumatic stress. In one instance, a woman who had been raped became withdrawnfrom life and was able to be rehabilitated through the use of MDMA. great things could happen if this drug was used properly under a physicians care, however, the good ol' US of A cant stand anyone using a drug to have a good time, regardless of its medical benefits or lack of health risks.. and used thier emergency power to pass alaw making MDMA a scheduale 1 drug, along with marajuana, cocaine and heroin.

They also interviewed the original people who first used mdma back in the 80's when it first blew up in dallas tx. These men were rather old, and they had experienced no permanent brain damage or health risks. In fact, the man even said, I have taken over a thousand pills in my life, and I have no health problems associated withthe drug at all.

Its just interested that the show actually proved the US's underhanded ways of drumming up propaganda for a drug that the public didnt really see as a threat, and the govmt had to make up this so called scientific evidence in order to scare away potential users.

its a shame the war on drugs actually ruins more lives by the laws that govern the drugs, rather then the actual drugs themselves...