Is anyone else just TIRED of WORKING...

georgym

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by calebb

If your life sucks it's because YOU suck.

Take the initiative to actually change your lifestyle

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It's not that i disagree with you, it's that it's not that easy to change one's lifestyle.

Let's see, I graduated from college in 2001 with a BA in Poli Sci. I've been working ever since then, right now as a paralegal for the city of new york.

But no matter what, every job is the same. That's what im getting at. There's no surprise when one gets up. It's just the same shit every day.

If i have the time and money, i would change my lifestyle. But most of us don't have that ability, so we're stuck.

Im not going to do this for the rest of my life, which gives me some sanctity. But until i get my dream job, work SUCKS :mad:

I don't mind working so much...I actually am lucky that I pretty much enjoy my job but than again I haven't really been in the work force all that long...it's paying fucking bills that blow. :blown::mad:

Definitely feel people on the living from check to check...it's nearly impossible to save anything if you want to continue to go out every weekend and have a good time. The worst is when you just get paid (if you get paid every two weeks like I do) and a few days later, somehow most of it is magically gone.

:banghead:

Yea NMN.

This is how my last pay check went:

$475 --rent

$35 Credit card bill

$70 metrocard

$63 school loan bill

$80 phone bill

$50 cable bill

-------------------

VIRTUALLY ZILCH LEFT!

I am doing little things to curb the blow, such as bringin lunch, not going out during the week, and just not spending money. But it's TOUGH!!!

It's not as good as people think it is....yea you have a week off every other month or so, and you don't work summer...but you don't get paid during the summer...your salary that you would normally get during the summer if you did work gets added into your paycheck during the year...not to mention you have bratty kids, snotty parents, and insane guidelines that you have to follow. not to mention you get paid once a month and the paperwork kills you

I hear ya about dealing with snotty kids and shit but with a masters starting salary is somewhere a round 37 a year. You only work 182 day a year. If you budget right or have someone like me to pay all the bills in the summer :rolleyes: you can do pretty good.

Also you can alway get a part time job doing something you like, or summer school; at 4 hours a day at 27 dollars an hour. Also it is union so after 20 years or so you can retire with all kinds of state funded bennys. The key for me would be gym teacher. How muck friggin paperwork would i have to fill out doing that.

Originally posted by jtk4

It's not as good as people think it is....yea you have a week off every other month or so, and you don't work summer...but you don't get paid during the summer...your salary that you would normally get during the summer if you did work gets added into your paycheck during the year...not to mention you have bratty kids, snotty parents, and insane guidelines that you have to follow. not to mention you get paid once a month and the paperwork kills you

I hear ya about dealing with snotty kids and shit but with a masters starting salary is somewhere a round 37 a year. You only work 182 day a year. If you budget right or have someone like me to pay all the bills in the summer :rolleyes: you can do pretty good.

Also you can alway get a part time job doing something you like, or summer school; at 4 hours a day at 27 dollars an hour. Also it is union so after 20 years or so you can retire with all kinds of state funded bennys. The key for me would be gym teacher. How muck friggin paperwork would i have to fill out doing that.

starting w/ a masters is not 37/yr

Public School starting is like 42/43 (w/o masters)..the more grad classes u take the higher salary you get

Go into a school in the suburbs...you can start in the 50's..this one guy i know was teachin public school for 2 years then went to teach in westchester..Scarsdale to be exact..he makes 72/yr

Originally posted by jtk4

I read somewhere that teachers in the city get cheaper rent and what not. Could be a rumor.

i couldnt see smokesum as a teacher...

i dont think they allow there teachers to be gay or wear bandanas...

i doubt that... maybe they give some kind of relocation bonus or something.... I guess having the whole summer off makes up for the low pay ... It sucks that they don't get more... then again I guess most city / state employess don't make much ...

Originally posted by smokesum

every teacher i spoke to gets a check in the summer.maybe its a NJ thing..not sure...and they all love their job

f you dont mind me asking..what exactly do you do?

I'm an office manager at a dental office and I do some of the work of a dental assistant...plus my aunt is a teacher and I do all of her paperwork :blank: