Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drunken Question from last night...

iamme

So, for some reason this question popped in my head while palming a basketball in the back of my friends car last night..

If you throw a basketball out of your car, which is going at least 70/80mph, at a car following you at the same speed, specifically at its windshield...would that break/crack the windshield?

thoughts :confused:

Originally posted by iamme

So, for some reason this question popped in my head while palming a basketball in the back of my friends car last night..

If you throw a basketball out of your car, which is going at least 70/80mph, at a car following you at the same speed, specifically at its windshield...would that break/crack the windshield?

thoughts :confused:

probably...the ball would be traveling at the same speed u are and then with the weight and force of the ball it would prob crack/break the windshield...

i can tell u that if the car is traveling opposite u it will...

i doubt a basketball would do any damage, probably jus scare the shit outta the driver. but then again i learned in the academy that windshields are shaped specifically to resist most damage from most objects coming straight at it. most hard objects that crack the windshield hit the windshield at an odd angle.

Yea I think it's break it if it was on the side..not sure if it's right behind....me and my friend who's takin physics now want to eventually take an egg and throw it on a cops head when he's using the radar on the other side of the freeway...imagine an Egg hittin you at 80mph on your head :D

I'll doubt we'll ever do it though...po po's been good to us lately!

i was hit with a four by four that flew from under the wheels of a truck going 80 miles per hr on 280 (stupid asshole, :mad::2guns::mad3::cuss: )

and it thank god flew side ways when it hit my windshield. it didn't break it break it (glass flying everywhere and such) but it did crack it. so no based on experience, i dont think that a basket ball will do great damage.