Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whos you fav progressive house dj?????

not to start drama but half the dj's some of you people posted don't play progressive house(or are considered progressive house dj's) and half the dj's you posted play a small percentage of progressive house if any at all.so either a.you don't know what progressive house is or b. you don't listen to the music that is coming from the speakers that your favorite "progressive dj" is playing..or c. you just saw the word house and posted a dj's name.so which is it?thats all carry on.

digweeds northern exposure shit can be considered progressive or "trance" but his live shit is pretty progressive house. i guess u can say its more geared towards progressive than progressive house, but it doesnt mean its not progressive house, muzikkrazze1

Originally posted by lalalandnyc13

he is nowhere near house music he is more trance the last time i heard him spin

well his weekly kiss shows DEF sound very prog to me

seems like at lot of djs, spin more then what theyve been "pigeonholed" as when they spin live, when iv seen him spin, he has spun prog, breaks house,

his last relaes is very trancy, so are a lot of his old bedrock productions, but what do u consider as trance

that genre seems to have changed in the last 6 years or soo, and has a diffrent sound then what what your suggesting ( when i hear trance i think of djs such as armin ,tiesto, i think of producers such as gabriel & dresien, system f, which is a diffrent sound to johns productions)

his gl9obal underground sreies are thought of prog house too

Originally posted by opticrush

digweeds northern exposure shit can be considered progressive or "trance" but his live shit is pretty progressive house. i guess u can say its more geared towards progressive than progressive house, but it doesnt mean its not progressive house, muzikkrazze1

wait its more progvie than prog house, or is it just prog;) ;) ;)

:laugh::tongue:

(j/k)

the original post was who's your favorite progressive house dj,and like i said b4 just cause a dj plays a set of progressive house doesn't make him/her a progressive house dj.digweed can be more progressive trance then house on his sets.but he's wasn't the dj's i was refering to.

musikkraze, who would u consider is a strict progressive house dj???

there a very few true staright prgressive house dj's,if any at all,like i said before 99.9% of dj's will play sets of all gernes,and thats the way it should be.sander and howells are exceptions cause they do tend to be more progressivly charged the others but again those werent the ones i was refering to. ex.-clamaran isnt a progressive dj to say the least,production or dj wise.

Originally posted by muzikkrazze1

there a very few true staright prgressive house dj's,if any at all,like i said before 99.9% of dj's will play sets of all gernes,and thats the way it should be.sander and howells are exceptions cause they do tend to be more progressivly charged the others but again those werent the ones i was refering to. ex.-clamaran isnt a progressive dj to say the least,production or dj wise.

And your point is? Are you arguing semantics of the question posed in this thread? We all know what he meant and ppl gave solid answers. Some might consider Clamaran a prog dj, maybe you don't, but some might.

The term "progressive" means to advance, or to move forward. Progressive house is deemed house music that is always trying to bend the rules of "commercial" house music. A progressive sound is more experimental. It can be more trancy, more tribal, more techy, or a variant of a mixture of these or something completely different on its own.

If you read enough interviews with producers and dj's, you'll always hear that they try not to pigeonhole their music. Do you know why? Because ppl make these things into narrowly defined views of what they really are.

oh, and to answer the question of the topic: Digweed.

Originally posted by soj

And your point is? Are you arguing semantics of the question posed in this thread? We all know what he meant and ppl gave solid answers. Some might consider Clamaran a prog dj, maybe you don't, but some might.

The term "progressive" means to advance, or to move forward. Progressive house is deemed house music that is always trying to bend the rules of "commercial" house music. A progressive sound is more experimental. It can be more trancy, more tribal, more techy, or a variant of a mixture of these or something completely different on its own.

If you read enough interviews with producers and dj's, you'll always hear that they try not to pigeonhole their music. Do you know why? Because ppl make these things into narrowly defined views of what they really are.

oh, and to answer the question of the topic: Digweed.

nicely put but like i said and will repeat,just because they play a set of progressive house doesnt make them progressive dj's.so when some one states clamaran as a progressive dj its wrong.its not progressive house to say the least.its tribal.correct.if the question was who's your favorite house dj then okand i have spoken to many of these dj/producers to know they dont consider themselves to be progressive house dj's.clamaran said it himself he's a tribal dj by heart and thats whjat he is.just cause it has a more progressive type stance to the tribal doesnt make it progressive in any sense of the word.there are few staight up progressive house dj's.and all i am doing is trying to make people understand that not every dj or track that they think is progressive really is.and when a person is knowledgable about music and knows how the different elements in tracks defins them then they can appreciate the music all so much so.like i said b4 didnt want to stir bs drama cause to each his own.