Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soulfuric Sessions @ Nerve: Review

philippio

Before I say anything else, here's what Bling said...

"This is the best music I've ever heard at Nerve... thank God I didn't go to Space!"

That probably says it all!!! Sleazy funky and soulful house music all night long! Lots of silky vocals and tight mixing by all the dj's that played tonight. Great opener by Juan Mejia!!! Pod worked the lights very well tonight! And of course I gotta thank Vaughan for the Patron shots!!! Another great night of REAL house music!!! Highlight tarcks that I really enjoyed: a remix of Lisa Stansfield's 'Back to Life' and also The Return's 'New Day'. It was wonderful to see some of the true CP househeads tonight...

lyrik & Rico

norahmiami

matik

mishka (sp?)

macboy

sheldonp

vaughanz

Juan Mejia

pod

absolutv

jcmia

bling

mp3some

joebudious

and anyone else I may have forgotten... and cameo appearances by Amalia L. and Mark Vane.

:)

Passed out in the middle of a chappelle marathon. Woke up at 1 and there was no way I was missing Lust and Soulfuric @ nerve. Rode my bike down there in time to hang with lyrik, philippio, absolutv, bling and mp3some. Bling has converted, don't let him convince you otherwise.

Vaughan & Sheldon, thanks for the patron and you know I'll support you guys wherever you are. Funniest moment - Marc Vane coming up to me and asking me if I was Marco (I was wearing the PM Sessions shirt). Nice meeting you and I'll be at blue fridays real soon. Nice meeting the beautiful norahmiami. Can't wait for Halo.

lol i havent converted but now that i like soulful house and will hear a lot of it i can see it as tied with progressive trance though :)

im sure space was off the fuckin hook though tonite. pissed i couldnt catch roland :( but im glad i came to nerve though. so mcuh fun each time. ill be at space for sander whoo hooo :)

WOW!!! Damn... why didn't anyone tell the retarded promoter i was Easter! :laugh: What a fun night! I can say that some of the people from this board are GREAT people and I am so thankful I stumbled across CP because you are killer people. Pod, Mac, Biz, BlingMP3some, Norah, AbsolutV, Philippio, jcmia, and of course our boy Lyrik!!! et. all. Bling you are a prime example that music is a spiritual thing... a body thing... a soul thing... It may not have been his "cup of tea" but he opened his mind and took it for what it was worth and had a great time! Is he a househead.. no.. but did he have fun... he'll tell ya! If it means anything Bling, I have a great time when my friends drag me to space no matter who's playing! Music crosses sooo many boundries and when it comes down to it... we all need each other! :D

Thanks to everyone for such a fun night!

"Do you believe in LOve at First Sight!???"

Oh yeah... Eric.... Chamber lounge is WICKED!!!! SOULFUL, SOULFUL, SOULFUL house at it's best! One of the Lust boys, Dennis Baker played there last weekend! Eric... I'd love to chat about having you join Sheldon and I one Saturday @ Blue!!!

Originally posted by macboy

Damn, I knew I should've stopped by Chamber. I was across the street at Dennys for some sustenance and was contemplating it, but I was already drunk enough and just trying to make it home while BUI.

i avoided that place, it would have been trouble for me..

the drinks are cheap & the music good..

Really glad I could make it out last night despite a raging headache I was able to hang back and chill and waited it out unitl V showed up. Juan Mejia did an awsome job opening up (I have to get that last track he dropped by Mark Knight). THEN......Sheldon came on and proceeded to fill the dancefloor with bodys grooving to the oh so sexy vocals he was laying down proper style. He got the place moving and I was dissapointed to see him get off the decks so soon, but he had to hand it over to JJK. To be honest after Shel went off the sound got a bit much for my head...a patron shot later and I had to go...had a great time while I was there....stripper poles never dissapoint as it was put to good use by a couple of chickies...just ask mp3some...he was getting the wink and the nod from the hottie with the long hair!

Wish moer people would have come out, but as V said it is Easter weekend...oh well....next event is gonna be CRAZY!

Originally posted by vaughanz

WOW!!! Damn... why didn't anyone tell the retarded promoter i was Easter! :laugh: What a fun night! I can say that some of the people from this board are GREAT people and I am so thankful I stumbled across CP because you are killer people. Pod, Mac, Biz, BlingMP3some, Norah, AbsolutV, Philippio, jcmia, and of course our boy Lyrik!!! et. all. Bling you are a prime example that music is a spiritual thing... a body thing... a soul thing... It may not have been his "cup of tea" but he opened his mind and took it for what it was worth and had a great time! Is he a househead.. no.. but did he have fun... he'll tell ya! If it means anything Bling, I have a great time when my friends drag me to space no matter who's playing! Music crosses sooo many boundries and when it comes down to it... we all need each other! :D

Thanks to everyone for such a fun night!

"Do you believe in LOve at First Sight!???"

thanks for the kind words dawg :)

Originally posted by vaughanz

We like to call it West Coke House!

these guys are definitely more east coast, I haven't been yet, but I've heard it's great if you're down for the soulful thang...

so are you guys doing every Saturday now at Blue?

feel free to PM me

:)

Originally posted by philippio

Another great night of REAL house music!!!

Yes indeed! i couldn't help but smile the whole time i was dancing. great crowd & great vibe, i haven't felt it like that in there since the aquabooty@lola days.

Originally posted by lyrik

Really glad I could make it out last night despite a raging headache I was able to hang back and chill and waited it out unitl V showed up. Juan Mejia did an awsome job opening up (I have to get that last track he dropped by Mark Knight). THEN......Sheldon came on and proceeded to fill the dancefloor with bodys grooving to the oh so sexy vocals he was laying down proper style. He got the place moving and I was dissapointed to see him get off the decks so soon, but he had to hand it over to JJK. To be honest after Shel went off the sound got a bit much for my head...a patron shot later and I had to go...had a great time while I was there....stripper poles never dissapoint as it was put to good use by a couple of chickies...just ask mp3some...he was getting the wink and the nod from the hottie with the long hair!

Wish moer people would have come out, but as V said it is Easter weekend...oh well....next event is gonna be CRAZY!

indeed, i thought Juan Mejia did a proper opening set and getting people motivated to dance....at some point i did notice the volume was a little whack, oh well. good set by Sheldon & the Soulfuric dudes :)

nice seeing everyone and meeting new people from cp, and MAD PROPS to the Lust crew for playing at Nerve Sat nights, it was about time someone took notice of the fine quality parties they do!

i better go and take another advil, dammit i am superrrrrr hungover!

:mad:

A very nice night @ Nerve - unfortunately I missed Juan's set (got there around 1am, so I caught Sheldon, John Julius Knight, and Brian Tappert. Great stuff - I am never disappointed with any of them. Sheldon played a wicked set - that 'So Thankful' track is a classic in my book - soulful to the max.

John Julius and Brian showed us why florida's own Soulfuric camp is on the map for the rest of the world. The US needs to take note!!!!!

Tunes of the night for me:

"Back Together" by Hardsoul f. Ron Carroll

"Elle" by DJ Gregory (the MAW mix is just pure heaven!!!)

It wasn't as busy as it should have been, but that just means I had more room to dance my ass off!!

Great night!

Dennis.

www.soulxpres.com

www.lust4house.com

Originally posted by psboyuk

John Julius and Brian showed us why florida's own Soulfuric camp is on the map for the rest of the world. The US needs to take note!!!!!

very true. they got much love in europe...

hopefully it will carry over here..

i've seen these two spin 3 times in the past 2 months,

they are amazing!!!

Tunes of the night for me:

"Back Together" by Hardsoul f. Ron Carroll

"Elle" by DJ Gregory (the MAW mix is just pure heaven!!!)

werd

also enjoyed hearing Soulsearcher - Feelin Love

&

heller big love

better late than never :)

Thanks to everyone who came out…had a wicked time…just maybe 15 too many coronas ;)

Bling – nice to meet you…glad you enjoyed the tunes…the music is def. uplifting :)

pod – thanks alot for doing the lights for us.

thanks to the rest of the cp peeps who came out: lyric, phillipo, norah, dennis, macboy, vivek, jcmia, joe & tomas, Mark Vane, Johnny Ramirez. joe & tomas.

Cecil and Juan both had wicked sets...

Brian & JJK - as always did a great job...never disappoint.

Some of the tunes of the night..

Bobby Blanco - 3am

Louie Vega - Mozalounge - Jazz-N-Groove Remix

Grant Nelson's Edit of Rockin Music

Bent (Ashley Beedle Remix)

see everyone for Halo :D