Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saturday Space Journal

patois

Got there early right after it opened, when there were probably no more than ten people in the R&B room and the main room was gated off.

I stood there sipping my green apple martini. By the time I got another, the R&B was louder and the bass was penetrating the room.

I fell into a conversation with a young guy from Stockholm - he kept asking me eager questions about Florida and I struggled to understand him over the din. He was enamored with Miami, and would much rather stay here. He'd been to Sobe and didn't think much of Privilege because it had been pretty empty at the time. Having not been there yet, I couldn't comment.

Finally, I escaped into the main room and onto the floor. The music was dense with drumbeats, piano chords, and vocal chants. There was much more of a frenzy in this music than, perhaps, trance.

I thought the music tried to emulate the force of a stomping, dancing, shouting crowd, with the heavy, abrasive drumming and shouts. It's like it's trying to force you into its rhythm by using your head as its drumpad. Its energy is violent.

I am usually more drawn to music with more subtle energy, yet just as powerful...transporting you unaware.

Lol....thanks....I love to write about stuff that inspires me...so I go where I can be inspired. I think we all need a little inspiration, no? What's cool is that there is still so much out there in Miami that I have not yet gotten to...hopefully I will get to Nerve and Privilege and Jazid and all these cool places I keep hearing about...And Flip, it seems like you have some rather unique life philosophies of your own...I think we all can learn a lot in "the land of FLIPTONIAAA!!!!!!"