Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Talkin' all that jazz..."

philippio

I have discovered an afro/latin jazz ensemble that has recorded some very chill, and refreshing albums for those times when you need something a bit easier on the ears than EDM.

They're called the Caribbean Jazz Project and currently, I have 4 of their releases on CD:

The Gathering

Birds of a Feather

Horizons

Paraiso

Anyone who likes deep house, latin house, nu-jazz or just jazz will probably enjoy these.

:)

Originally posted by eKiTeL

you should listen to some real jazz Philip, I recommend you go to Soulseek and download anything by John Coltrane... (tracks recorded by him, not any of the countless cover versions)

My mother's got a lot of Coltrane and Miles Davis on 12" but it's in Greece :mad: She's a big jazz aficionado. I've listened to a lot of it. I don't know too much about jazzz. But I think I like it.

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

u want some good fusion...listen to some dave weckl!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Well he's just the bad-ass drummer. You gotta check out the projects he's been affiliated with such as Chic Corea.

good shit going on there

Originally posted by meng

ok, david lee roth....lol

armstrong.gif

Yup...David Lee Roth used it on his version of "Ain't Got Nobody" but the "Boo-zee-bop" is actually Louis Armstrong's signature break.

Next on Funk Talks Jazz: Ella Fitzgerald smokes opium with Miles Davis...woot?

:smoke:

Originally posted by coltrane23

Weckl is really good but a bit robotic for me............I prefer Dennis Chambers

I saw Weckl with Chick Corea's Electric Band some years ago at Downtown Miami's Gusman Centre...my feelin' is the same, he's definitively technical and skilled but he lacks fire...I'd much rather watch Pat Metheny play live...that guy is a virtuoso!!!

Originally posted by philippio

I have discovered an afro/latin jazz ensemble that has recorded some very chill, and refreshing albums for those times when you need something a bit easier on the ears than EDM.

They're called the Caribbean Jazz Project and currently, I have 4 of their releases on CD:

The Gathering

Birds of a Feather

Horizons

Paraiso

Anyone who likes deep house, latin house, nu-jazz or just jazz will probably enjoy these.

:)

burn me the latin house and jazzy stuff :) if u havent already . :)