Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ethnic Food: Which is the Best?

This may have been posted a while ago. In any case, any posts of *yawn* or the like will guarantee a beat down in the power bar tomorrow, 6 AM. Anyway-- Indian all the way!! See you tomorrow!

jcrackc

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Screw you guys, I'm going home......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough question.. I like sooo many different kinds of food. LOVE japanese, thai, chinese, vietnamese (yumm), pretty much all Asian food (never had Indian or Korean food though, guys you gotta recommend something coz I won't know what to get). Love Italian, Greek, Turkish, French food too. Russian food is awesome too. Don't know about Mexican/Caribbean too much. I heard it's usually very spicy so I never get it. But I haven't had enough of it to actually have an opinion. Damn I think I covered it all....

Some fine Words on Curry... I rest my case

-------------------------------------------

For many years people has been so disparaging about British food; and all the time we have been secretly enjoying a benefit of our cultural diversity - Indian food, the best in the world.

Andy Charles, UK

I've been in the US now for 2 years and miss my curry dearly. As many people have said, the locals cannot make a decent curry. I live in Phoenix and Mexican food does not cut it. I'm pretty sad (and quite happy to admit it) but the flight I take back to the UK lands in the afternoon and my first meal is always a curry. Next morning, I follow it up with a great British fry-up. Then I know I'm home !

Andy, Brit living in USA

Never mind fish and chips, curry is the National Dish and for me is as much a British icon as the Houses of Parliament.

Sadly, Indian food over here in the USA is dismal in comparison to the wonderful curries served up in the UK. On a visit home recently I walked past a curry house and, for the first time in six months, my nasal passages were caressed by the most gorgeous smell of spices - it was all I could do to stop salivating down my shirt!

I will swear that that whiff of curry gave me more pangs of homesickness than anything in the two years I've lived away from England...

Ed Bayley, USA (English)

If curries are addictive then India must be filled with curry addicts

Maureen David, USA

I have lived all my life in India and enjoyed the food that is prepared in every part. Especially home made! I have no problem, as I cook my own favourites, and have converted many to the joys of Indian curries, Pallov, South Indian Sambar and Rasam, inumerable Bhajis the list is endless. If curries are addictive then India must be filled with curry addicts!!!!!

Maureen David, USA

I agree that curries can be addictive. Not in a harmful way, but in a pleasant and soothing way. The calming atmosphere of a good restaurant and the anticipation of the spices are the key to a great meal and make you simply want more.

Ed Kinnear, England

Of course I love curry. I am Indian. My family and I grew up on it. If some day I would become curryless, I would surely die. I can smell it being cooked in the kitchen right now and the juices from my salivary glands are flowing like a river. Happy curry to everybody Mohamed

Mohamed Ali, Sweden

As a Scot abroad you get off the plane and run for a curry! Regarding home-made curries: use fresh chillies instead of Sambal or preserved, olive or peanut oil instead of rubbish, and you'll have no stomach problems at all.

Iain Macnab, Germany

Just reading all these comments about curry makes me want one. Now. I love and crave curry. It seems only the Indians and Brits can fully appreciate it. It makes my mouth water just to think of it (I'm serious!). Give me a Chicken Madras over any other meal in the world.

Paul , Australia

I can quit whenever I want! ... But who in their right mind would want to do that?

Bill Capehart, US

Lets hope that curry isn't found to be addictive otherwise the government will either whack a huge tax on it or ban it completely! Indian people are wonderful and their cuisine is divine.

Russell Ayres, Australia

I do enjoy curries, the hotter the better, but I also enjoy Nonya, Thai, Indonesian, French and Italian. Why obsess over one dish? This forum certainly shows up the difference between US and British entrepreneurial skills. When Americans missed their hamburgers the world got McDonalds, when ex-pat Brits miss their curries they complain to Talking Point.

Tom, Australia

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Russian food........# 1!!!

but I also LOVE korean food (my aunt married to korean guy and his mother is such a great cook...can't wait to go back home to russian and visit her)...Greek food is one of my fav. too..........but THE BEST IS BURGER KING...yep... I LOVE BURGER KING!!!... smile.gif

Originally posted by blueangel:

You like hot food? Have you tried Korean??

BlueAngel

Actually, I haven't! I've tried Vietnemese but never got a chance to try Korean. What are some good restaurants you'd advice in the city? I love hot food!

its addictive smile.gif

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

Korean food is good but its not spicy enough..sorry Blueangel!!! Indian food is still the hottest I've had...hotter than Thai, Mexican, Vietnamese...

------------------

Silently whispering when my heart wants to scream...

Originally posted by sdm1976:

Korean food is good but its not spicy enough..sorry Blueangel!!! Indian food is still the hottest I've had...hotter than Thai, Mexican, Vietnamese...

That's funny cause I was thinking the same thing except I thought that Indian food wasn't hot enough. Hehe.

Maybe you haven't tried the REAL Korean food yet. wink.gif

We'll go out for dinner one night.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." angel.gif

Archived