Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Swizyl review's

I wish i couldve seen alot more cp heads up in there, but lastnite was insane. placed was packed, awesome vibe, people jus having fun. this is nj's best keep secret. who said musicly geared parties doesnt work in nj??? bring in the dj's, keep it real, be your self. = good time

Huge thanks to sykopath & Frazzel, who tore the room into amazment kick ol skool trance anthems from a to z...then while palying the drums & spinning three tracks.... the while Frazzel was bangin out on the drums sykopath displayed his turntablistic ability's to make a song from a snare drum and scratching... if any cpers were their lastnite please post up a review

we will get pics up asap

***TTHIS COMMING FRI DEFF DONT MISS OUT ON FUNK"IN FEMALES "QUEENS OF THE ROUND TABLES" DJ's Patricia Starr, DJ Fransesca aka ThatDJGirl, and DJ Romi... ALso SPECIAL GUEST PERFORMANCE BY SALAV"Thinkshake" Kelis male version of "milk shake"

DJ PATRICIA STARR;

Patricia Starr has for the last few years been one of the top female djs on the New York’s underground house scene. Simultaneously a producer, remixer, recording engineer and a world-renowned DJ, New York’s Patricia Starr has become well known playing parties across the US, Europe and Canada. Her signature style can be described as tribal-progressive with a touch of vocals she can also rock hip-hop and reggae. With lots of base and heavy drums Starr’s dance floor is what makes her stand out, always moving and full of energy.

Born in Poland Patricia spent her childhood studying piano and dance. In her early teens she discovered pop and rock music and started collecting tapes and LP’s. She played them at school dances always in charge of the music. When she moved to New York in her mid teens Starr was first introduced to Hip-Hop and freestyle music, House music came next. Her influences come from legendary artists like David Morales, Junior Vasquez and Madonna. All being born the same week of August and being Leo, Patricia finds a special bond with them reflective with constant persistence, ability to be in control and tired less work ethic.

Starr was first drawn to turntables after seeing DJ Junior Vasquez @ Tunnel and legendary Arena @ Palladium. She started out Ding on college radio @ Saint John’s and later New York University where she studied Music Technology. Since then Patricia Starr has played at virtually every New York City club including (in alphabetical order) :

AnJu, Chaos, Cheetah, Cherry, Chetty Red, China Club, Crane Club, Demarares, Discotheque, El Flamingo, Eugenes, Exchange, Faluka, Fat Black Pussy Cat, Filli Ponte, Flamingo East, Flamingo Room, Float, Flow, Fujiyamamama, Go,

Groove Jet, Guernica, Hush, Life, Lot 61, Luanh, Mint, MK, Nolita, NV, Nyla, Powder, Roxy, Scatalina, Siren, Tavern, The Elbow Room, The World, Tunnel, Vue, Webster Hall,

In New York:

DNA (Queens NY), Europa Club (Bkln NY), Excess (Bklyn NY), Exit (Bklyn NY), Life (Hamptons LI), Play (Queens NY)

Sneeky Pete's (Albany NY), Tavern (Hamptons LI), Virgo 64 (Bkln N), Wik, (Queens NY), Zachary's (LI NY),

Nationally:

Center (NJ), Club UN (Chicago), Cricket Club (NJ), Graduate (CA), Joe’s Pub (CT), Liroy’s (Philladelphia), Risque (Las Vegas), South Park (NJ), Vertigo (NJ), X L (NJ),

Internationally:

Faros Club (Sidari-Corfu Greece), NRG Club (Chania Creta Greece), Sax Club (Corfu, Greece), Porto Paradiso Club (Chalchidiki Greece), Cavo Paradiso Club (Mykonos, Greece), Sabbia (Mykonos, Greece), Club Mad (Mykonos, Greece), Dome (Montreal, Canada), Jet Club (Montrea, Canada), Urban Experience (Serbia)(lifka)

Radio:

WLIR 92.7 New York

WKTU 103.5 New York

WNYU 89.1 New York

WSJU 890 New York

MIX 96 Montreal

Downshiftradio.com

Metromixradio.com

Currently busy in the studio working on remixes as well as original songs Starr is consistently putting out music. Recent works include Aria “Ti Amo†(titanium dub) on OH Music which topped at #2 on billboard, Lisette Melendez “Moonlight Shadow†, Harmonica Sunbeam “Give that queen a fuckin’ dollar†DJ Patricia Starr Featuring Gustapo & Epihany “I wanna fuck†as well as many more in the works. She also has a very successful top rated show on Downshiftradio.com called Patricia’s Playhouse.

Patricia Starr lives by a golden rule “If you want something, make it your life. Live it and breath it, eat it and bleed it and never give up.†That has made her one of the most respected and innovative DJs on the music scene today.

www.djpatriciastarr.com

DJ FRANSESCA aka THATDJGIRL;

DJ Francesca aka THATDJGIRL is a dj and up and coming producer/ remix artist that has been turning out the NYC Club scene for several years now. What started out as a hobby in college, quickly escalated into her career. “I only got into djing, because I was a club kid, who lived for the music. I got turntables so I could make mixed tapes of the music I loved, music that was many times only available on vinyl.â€

Often in life one thing leads to another and 7 years later her unique mixing ability and extreme determination have earned her guest spots at such NYC Clubs as Centrofly, Shelter, Aria, Metronome, Twirl, OHM, Stonewall and Tavern On the Green to name a few. She has held residencies at Escuelita and Cheetah, and is a resident DJ for such events as Shescape & Lovergirl, which are NYC’s biggest female parties. Her music has even taken her to Philadelphia, California, and Florida where she received rave revues at The Prestigious White Party. Francesca can be seen weekly on www.downshiftradio.com where she hosts and spins on her show called Francesca’s Fever.

Presently Francesca is working hard to accomplish bigger goals reaching beyond the turntables. When Francesca is not spinning, she is in her studio working on remixes as well as original productions. She has a remix out called “Ready To Pump†by Harmonica Sunbeam. She is currently working on her first album, which will consist of a variety of original house tracks ranging from soulful groovy house to progressive tribal beats.

DJ ROMI;

DJ Romi

Originally from N.J., I was introduced to the underground rave and NY club scene in 1994. I was immediately fascinated by electronic music and dj's. Mostly, I was drawn to the turntables. Luckily, I was given a pair of technics for my college graguation. Soon I began playing my first parties and knew I was completely addicted. Some of my old-school infuences were; Bass Bin Twins, Chemical Brothers, DJ Dan, Hardkiss, DJ Rap, and Simply Jeff. Recently I enjoy artist like; Chab, John Creamer/StephanieK, Lee Coomls, Sasha and Digweed, Sebb Fountain and Steve lawler, only to name a few.

I play various genres of music and enjoy mixing them up. I play progressive house, funky house, electro and hard break beats. I've played small lounges, fashion shows, and large raves. I love to play music and i'm currently working on production.

VENUES:

CLUBS AND RAVES

"Alicen in underpants" Lunatarium, NYC. 1/03

"Boo 7" Randall's Island, NYC. 10/02

"Bass:mint vs. Reeespect" Club Shelter, NYC. 2/02

"Ecosystem 1.0" Amazon Rain Forest, Brazil. 8/01

"Night in the Jungle" Club Shelter, NYC. 7/01

"Cosmic Goddess" Obeca, NYC. 8/01

Clubs:

Delft, NYC; Club Shelter, NYC; Leopord Lounge, NYC; Limelite, NYC; Miami Music Conference; Sessions, NJ; Relief, NJ; Plant bar, NYC; Tunnel, NYC; Spa, NYC; Cub Space, Miami; Miami Music Conference 2003.

Countries:

Brazil, Chile, and Protugal.

Resendencies:

Club Delft Tuesdays, 2004

Leopord Lounge, 2004

Amen, NYC 2002

Releif, NJ 2002

Konkrete Jungle, NYC 2001

NOW U KNOW THESE FEMALES CAN THROW DOWN..... THIS IS GONNA BE SIIIIIIIIICCCKKK CAN NOT WAIT GETTING BETTER N BETTER

PLEASE POST REVIEW

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

santana is an awesome dj, that and great promotion is what works, lol kid u make me laugh u always gotta throw in ur 2 cents.... but thats why i love ya;)

most of our dj's havent really hit the nj curit"joeys, sound garden, deko,circa....usually the same djs play those spots n rotate and they r all great dj's... nj music is deff under looked and under rated. id love to have them incorporate what im tryin to do here.im not tryin do dog any1 by no means what so ever. jus remember for every1 paul van dyk there is 3000 sitting in there basement. they just dont have the connections ect....

being a dj myself i know how had it is to develope a following, promotion, ect....

jus trying to get good dj's in a dope room with a dope vibe, people having fun

Last night was crazzy Ant.. i had a lot of fun.. it was a packed from front to back.. its so good to see that this party just about MUSIC is makin heads turn.. mad props to frazzle and sykopath for puttin on one hell of a show.. frazzle had 3 tables goin and then bringin in that drum and bangin that shit out was just crazzy.. i never seen anythin like that before.. great job makin this work out Ant and ill keep spreadin the werd..

Next week female djs up in the house.. thats gonna be even more fun.. i cant wait.. fri nights in jerzey are finally startin to shape up.. ;)

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Deko Saturdays are geared towards the music with Santana. And it works. ;)

Then tell Santana to enter the DJ competition in May. And everyone else that plays in Jersey. We'll put him up against Gary Jordan. "Gary Who?" He opened for Richie at Deko and he spins at Swizyl. Did you know that? We'll put them side by side and we'll see if you can tell a difference.

Originally posted by promojunkie

Then tell Santana to enter the DJ competition in May. And everyone else that plays in Jersey. We'll put him up against Gary Jordan. "Gary Who?" He opened for Richie at Deko and he spins at Swizyl. Did you know that? We'll put them side by side and we'll see if you can tell a difference.

I cant speak for Richie. But he has nothing to gain from entering the competition.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I cant speak for Richie. But he has nothing to gain from entering the competition.

I'm just proving a point that we have people that have played along side Richie at Deko. So why is he being hated on and Richie being praised? Gary and Richie are friends. I just threw Gary's name in off the top of my head. The competition is for fun. There's nothing to lose or gain. Richie is great and will always be. But just because its not at Deko doesn't mean they're any less talented. It's great to be able to pay a DJ with a name a grand to spin for the night. But when you have guys that will set up 3 turntables on a stage right in front of you so you can see everything they do it says something about them...

Let me get this straight. Anthony starts a thread to talk about his party at Swizyl (where I went to two weeks ago and was favorably impressed), and Brian posts about how wonderful Richie Santana is. I'm not really sure how the two are related. :confused:

I guess on any random thread, I can tell everybody how great Danny Tenaglia is and it would be OK.

:rolleyes:

It's funny anthony........people always have to compare people........just have fun.............let the music say everything.......Richie Santana and Gary Jordan are both excellent dj's......Richie just so happens to be one of the sickest producers I know and has been around for some time now.......Gary is a sick up and commer that has played at many venues all over........

Question for thought: Who are the next big guns?

Originally posted by tangaloo976

It's funny anthony........people always have to compare people........just have fun.............let the music say everything.......Richie Santana and Gary Jordan are both excellent dj's......Richie just so happens to be one of the sickest producers I know and has been around for some time now.......Gary is a sick up and commer that has played at many venues all over........

Question for thought: Who are the next big guns?

i agree 110 %, ALL I WANT IS A DOPE CHILL FRI NITE PARTY WITH THE MUSIC HOW I LIKE IT TO BE(ALWAYS DIFF, DEFF TALENT A MUST) AND FUCKING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN

IM NOT TRYIN TO COMPARE THIS PARTY WITH ANY PARTY ANYWHERE.. IF U LIVE IN BERGEN AREA AND U LIKE GOIN TO PARTIES THAT HAVE DIFF DJ'S AND ALWAYS GOOD MUSIC(NOT HOW MANY HEADS U CAN BRING) COME TO SWIZYL

speaking of which if the people trust n know the promoter they know that everyweek no matter who's spinning the partys always gonna be hot. because they trust the production behind the party... good promotion is taking care and informing your clientel. knowing that when they leave your venue, they leave with a sense more or less of fullfilment, like they brought a piece of the night home with them.....u know what i mean???

ive never really been on this side of the table, i would always jus book my events show up with my friends and thats it. throughout my 9 yrs of djing nj and nyc clubs it only dawned on me recently that either shit on the pot or get off. what i mean by that is. Take the old exit for example. they had 0370760236 promoters in there all young kids walking around like hot shit because 30 of there friends came on there list... they were gonna go to exit anyway, does that make u a good promoter... absolutely not, smart but not good. smart for the time being because then what happens when u try n go off n do your own venue n it flops, where are those 30 heads you counted on at Exit everyweek ???

so by this, having worked with alot of promotion co.s i think i have an idea of what to do and what not to do... what i think would be fun in nj might not be fun to you. dont knock me for doing my thing, until u try it...

i lost my point along this lol jus got out of class so brain is jogged.

lol like frank s said i did it my way

i leave u with this lol

u wanna try something diff, so u try, if u dont like it u either go back to what u r used to or try something new again. but dont knock till u try it

tangaloo976 hope u come out n try something diff this week lol thanks:idea:

yeah this party is def diffrent but thats what makes it fun... Diffrent music each week or i should say styles....refreshing to have a change each week....shouldnt just be about the music the music should just be a part and allow you to have more fun..just try the place its a good chill spot to get drunk and chill with friends and have no bullshit.....well ill be there on friday hope to see u all there....Ant keep at it will just keep getting better and better as the weeks go by. All good things come in time and last week was just the start of it

Why would you want a club to be a "best kept secret" Isn’t that another word for “It’s dead and poorly promoted??â€

I got lost once and I drove by club twizzler and it looks like it’s the size of a coffee shop . Why would RS enter a competion with a bunch of no name dj's when he has a huge following already and is well respected. ( he is one of the TOP dj's) I think it would be charity on his part. I think this place is promoted wrong. Make it into a lounge and forget about your delusions of grandeur

by best kept secret, i ment it as undergroundish... the place was packed lastweek. as far as RS the lounge is small about 400 heads max, so at 5 $ a heads we couldnt have him if wanted due to the budget... plus this is a be yourselfish vibe(no dress code come out to hear msuic and dance)you guys are missing the whole idea of this place. no1 ever called it a club and unless uve been their to call it a coffe shop, come on.. Swizyl LOUNGE, we are tryin to get nj and ny's dj's that DESERVE a spot due to raw talent... not how many heads they can bring.... so again i say DONT KNOCK IT TILL U TRY IT

as far as r.s. we have 5 DMC World Finialist in the dj scratch comp so the talent goes from national to the basement dj.. if ur good ur good. bottom line is all these djs are comming out because they like the idea. Lastweek with Sykopath & Frazzel... they might not be as well known as the NJ cuircut djs but they traveled the globe playing countless countries and parties.. they plaed for us last week because we are showcasing awesome djing skill's right there out in front of u... u can see what they r doing the whole time...

U wanna dance to good music n a chill vibe thats inexspensive comeout... if u like the drama go elsewhere

gary will be @ swizyl april 30th

n for u, notallthere... 2 words narrow mind... but u will be missed at swizyl i will prob lose sleep if u r not there this fri, really i might even cry cause u are the official of whats good and what the words Nightlife stand for

and the Top DJs are;

Danny Tenaglia

Donald Glaude

Victor Calderone

Richie Hawtin

Roger Sanchez