Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dave Seaman tonight @ Avalon

anyone going to check this out, i can't believe no one has posted anything about this. it's him and phil k tonight, while i have no clue who the other guy is, dave spins some hot shit. have a few of his recent sets and he def is good. just wanted to see why it was so quite in here.

Originally posted by ovrdose

anyone going to check this out, i can't believe no one has posted anything about this. it's him and phil k tonight, while i have no clue who the other guy is, dave spins some hot shit. have a few of his recent sets and he def is good. just wanted to see why it was so quite in here.

i dont think ill be making it to this one buddy.. but next week if i don't go to oneonta i'm definitely down for some donald glaude action.. think about that for a minute...

god DAMN, look at all those seaman fans just coming out of the woodwork, haha. anyway, for those that do care, which is probaly like two people, it was a hot fucking night. opening dj was good, although i didn't see if it was teh regular asian guy, i think it was someone else. dave was also on point, i really love hsi track selection, the highlight was when he played the new faithless tune, mass destruction. i fuckin went nuts, lol. the only downside of the night was who i could only assume was phil k, he spun for a little bit in the middle of the night and then seaman came back on. but he kept spinning breaks and def cleared out the dancefloor while he was on. im not really a fan of breaks, esp not for like four songs in a row, and in the middle of the night. but aside from that, another good night, now if only avalon could get a better system, and find a better crowd, they would be all set. BUT getting to see a world class dj for 15 bucks, im not really gonna complain that much.

seaman played great. he was more energetic than Ive ever seen him. he actually mixed tracks all night- the last few years he'd been letting songs all play out til the end!!

phil K was a real disppointment. really, how many breaks tracks can u stand one after the other? best was beasties intergalactic breaks mix. BUT Phil did get seaman to return to his hot form he used to bring to twilo like 99-00. seaman has tons of great records & he was playing all night in a progressive house-trance-euro style that was fast melodic deep n hard. i guess if u buy the renaissance therapy cd (seaman & phil mixes) you will hear all these killer trax seaman was banging sat night. I got the feeling these 2 have been playing together a ton this year and actually they tagged A LOT more than once-- phil opened, closed & came on at least 2 times in middle. seaman def rocked it- I like the records he's playing in 2004. harder than a lot of the light pop trance he was playing 2-3 years back.

the staff was nicer this time. the place is a dump with puke on the floor and the grossest bathroom since exit. the sound was ok but needs EQ or balance or something. at least it was loud.

***1/2

Guest kenl

I thought Seaman was great!! Phil K was ok but I wasnt into the breaks that night. Does anybody know who was playing up in the Spider Club? Great house with a live sax player! Its was really cool!

www.basslinenyc.com