Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much would you pay to see JP @ Merge, June 4th?

I haven't heard him spin in a long time, maybe winter2001/2002, but I always would be like, wow, what a fucking set, but then it would go to total shit. He just didn't do it for me. He's to on and off in the same set. One sec I'm like great and the next I have my hands over my ears saying WTF !!!!!!!!

Does he still play like one track per 2 hours?

Does he still play "going through it" over every track?

I don't know, he still had one of the best parties if not the best, in NYC for a good time, so he must be a great book!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aint that wat djing is about bein risky,97 percent of djs sit home and throw together a set and make sure every song breaks perfectly and 97 percent of those djs mixx extremely well but the crowd is soo blahh and not even interested ,if i sat home and pre made a set for deko every sat i wouldnt be wat i was today or known for bein such a loose cannon when i dj....but i guess i learned my ways of djing from cleveland and listening to jp and implemented that style into hip hop and it works beautifully,if u had to spin 10 plus hour sets i guarantee u not every track will be energy but this is going off topic the only thing i stated was jp does not train wreck he will slip beatss but thats bout it and jose if u went for 2 plus years and u said uve heard him when he was amazing that shows he is one sick mutha fucka when he wants to be and thats his decision to be on fire or not...but the potential is there so sayin he is garbage or wat not is totally bein clueless bout wat he is capable of cause one that guy is on no one is touchin him for example this weekend classics...AMAZING SET

> > SaL kLuTcH

No Doubt I agree with you 100%...! Bro thats how i learned tooo by watching others. I used to chill here and there in the booth with jeff fusion and beta..!

If those walls could only tell stories... :laugh:

Best Mix was when he did nation 2000 with future by: florian

Place was in mayhem..!

Originally posted by acclubs

klutch...jp doesnt read these boards...no need to keep sucking him off here. point of this thread is was well put by 0u812.....

"no one should pay more than they would to see denny at tempts" (ok paraphrasing).

thats prob one of the stupidest things Ive heard.

They charge different prices to spin. So ya think they are both worth $20??? Lets be somewhat realistic can we.

Thats like saying if Tiesto Or DT or spmeone spun at yakity Yaks they shouldnt charge more than riggers charges to get in....Wake up please would you. thanx.

Originally posted by kostaP

They charge different prices to spin. So ya think they are both worth $20??? Lets be somewhat realistic can we.

Thats like saying if Tiesto Or DT or spmeone spun at yakity Yaks they shouldnt charge more than riggers charges to get in....Wake up please would you. thanx.

Teisto rulez

the haters on this board are just REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. jerry - promotes a shitty club like taste, where thank god its a resturant cause the music is all about CHEESE.

jp overrated?...........that's right i'll put giorgio or moo over him anyday

2. josevelez. spins at sleep (aptly named). have you ever spun for more than 150 people. as a wanna be up and coming dj it doesn't look cool to be disrespecting a local icon

3. mike9999 - jp isn't worth listening to but hell cant wait for the summer and djais to open.

yeah cause the music in there is fierce!! dj kirk lopezzzzzzz. whoa

4. acclubs- are u kidding.. jp is not worth 2 pennies. and you would know cause ac brings in the best dj's? right?

can't wait for casbah to have louie devito or scribbles again, huh.

jeez. i won't even go there with deja vu and true

mixx is ok cause of the girls but the music in there is as bad as casbah

Originally posted by djklutch

define train wrecking? cause he will slip a beat but thats like when he is playin fast n loose over kemical riding the mix out for like 10 plus minutes together and thats only human to slip a beat if ur riding shit out to that extent...jp is no amatuer djs like him dont train wreck just like djs like tsettos richie boris and whoever else u wanna no dont,these guys do this shit for a living even on there worst nites i dont think i ever heard a PROFESSIONAL dj train wreck its something they dont do,slipping beats is a whole nother topic tho

> > SaL kLuTcH

So, you're implying that Professionals make mistakes but they don't ever have bad performances?

I could have an anological field day with this one.

Think about pro actors, athletes, singers, writers, comedians, etc...

All pros have bad performances over the course of their careers.

Being a professional doesn't make one exempt from "train wrecks" or whatever.

settle down and concentrate on the point...which maybe isnt so clear to you. Ready to explain...and here we go....

My point is...any club attendee should not be intrigued to pay anymore than $20 because they can pay that and see denny at tempts down the block for an equally satisfying set and good time. What i'm telling you is JP at Merge is no better than Denny at Tempts....so if he costs more than Denny....then I see no reason for any seaside club to book him because people know for the same price you get an equally great vibe (if not more) and incredible set. I dont know many who would pay more to see JP at Merge than Denny at Tempts. People look forward to Denny all summer....if you think 2 weeks into the summer people are suddenly going to go to merge because of JP when they have been looking forward to Denny all summer....no way. Now...had you booked him in mid-August when some people are tired of going to tempts every weekend...THAT wouldve been a smart move. Then I would pay $600 to see JP....

you hear me?

Originally posted by acclubs

settle down and concentrate on the point...which maybe isnt so clear to you. Ready to explain...and here we go....

My point is...any club attendee should not be intrigued to pay anymore than $20 because they can pay that and see denny at tempts down the block for an equally satisfying set and good time. What i'm telling you is JP at Merge is no better than Denny at Tempts....so if he costs more than Denny....then I see no reason for any seaside club to book him because people know for the same price you get an equally great vibe (if not more) and incredible set. I dont know many who would pay more to see JP at Merge than Denny at Tempts. People look forward to Denny all summer....if you think 2 weeks into the summer people are suddenly going to go to merge because of JP when they have been looking forward to Denny all summer....no way. Now...had you booked him in mid-August when some people are tired of going to tempts every weekend...THAT wouldve been a smart move. Then I would pay $600 to see JP....

you hear me?

Try and follow me here....

Denny spins all over all winter...so to say theres a sort of anticipation Ill disagree however an anticipation for tempts or the shore yes.

Now this event is on a FRIDAY...tempts does teen night FRIDAY...there is no Denny at Tempts on friday...

so people can not walk down the block and pay 20 to hear denny...get it. Furthermore, i think youre mistaken to compare a denny and JP set. there is no comparisson....nothing against denny and dont take this the wrong way but JP is simply incredible...if you see him work his magic on a few turntables and cd decks.

Now as for bringing JP down the shore....I dont see how you dont think this is big.

It is monumental .

The jersey shore has been a hot spot with a large club summer population.

Merge XS TEmpts Bamboo and now SawMill as well, Surf a few blocks away....why wouldnt you bring NY to the Jersey Shore.

Again this isnt something just any one could have pulled off.

Saturdays at Merge we are sticking to what has been working...Richie Rydell and a few theme parties like last year and the year before and the year before when Merge opened....;)

See ya at the door.

acc ur a joke ur a promoter that means u run around and make 3 dollars a head off ur guest list maybe thats y ur soo bitter that soo many people would pay 20 plus for jp when ur pockets are starving,and im fully aware of ur job as a " promoter " is to run around bash everything that doesnt have anything to do wit ur party and put down others...and thats cool too its a message board no one should take these things seriously but u should atleast have the amount of respect for urself to not look like a dick on one,i mean seriously ill help u out ill throw u the 20 bucks since we no ur promoting talents are most likely struggling and get u a hair cut cause the lordd knows those kids out in ac got the sickest fucked up haircuts ever seen lmao,

and for the other kid i dont no wat the post name was im too lazy to check it but he made the comment bout sports and people havin bad performances,i never said jp hasnt had a bad performance i said professional djs dont train wreck,i dont no if u dj or not but if u do u should no first hand matching beats once u got it downn is like walking or talking,it is something u can do blind folded u just have it like that,its hard to explain but any dj that is on this board can relate to wat im sayin if they have there blending down its just like walking down the street that simple

> > SaL kLuTcH

did merge make some renovations i don't know about b/c lets face it with jp there it going to be rediculously PACKED!! So lets not forget not only are you going to get to hear JP but you get to do it like a sardine. I think ill pass and go to temps and save JP for black. But JP @surfclub does have a nice ring to it

Originally posted by oldschool2

did merge make some renovations i don't know about b/c lets face it with jp there it going to be rediculously PACKED!! So lets not forget not only are you going to get to hear JP but you get to do it like a sardine. I think ill pass and go to temps and save JP for black. But JP @surfclub does have a nice ring to it

Have fun at Tempts Fri. for Teen night you pervert. Merge will def. be packed, should they cut the door off so they don't make money????????

JP @ Surf- WONT HAPPEN!!!

JP at Merge will be amazing. I hope they charge me 100 bucks, Ill pay it with a smile:D

Originally posted by thesandman

Have fun at Tempts Fri. for Teen night you pervert. Merge will def. be packed, should they cut the door off so they don't make money????????

JP @ Surf- WONT HAPPEN!!!

JP at Merge will be amazing. I hope they charge me 100 bucks, Ill pay it with a smile:D

\

my bad forgot its on fri def does not change the fact that you will not be able to move

again people seem to ignore the obvious.

JP has been attracting some heat.

Im sure some others are envious of this event...do ya think the cops will be there. OF COURSE.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK MERGE WILL PACK IN THE PLACE ABOVE CAPACITY AND RISK BEING CLOSED FOR THE NIGHT.

FUCK NO.

Cmon kids a little logic and common sense.

and you wont be going to Tempts that night because if Im not mistaken they do teen night on fridays.

actually in addition to having the BEST sound system down there shore they have added another $125,000 at least in sound renovations...upgraded some bass bins and speakers, new monitors and some other stuff........

again people seem to ignore the obvious.

JP has been attracting some heat.

Im sure some others are envious of this event...do ya think the cops will be there. OF COURSE.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK MERGE WILL PACK IN THE PLACE ABOVE CAPACITY AND RISK BEING CLOSED FOR THE NIGHT.

FUCK NO.

Cmon kids a little logic and common sense.

and you wont be going to Tempts that night because if Im not mistaken they do teen night on fridays.

actually in addition to having the BEST sound system down there shore they have added another $125,000 at least in sound renovations...upgraded some bass bins and speakers, new monitors and some other stuff........

Try to read the other post we already established that its a fri and temps is teen night(mistake). What are you crazy of course they are going to pack that place. If a building is at capacity that means you can't move. And im sure they will keep @ capacity and some esspecially with what they are paying JP. Im not saying it not going to be anything short of sick, im just saying your not going to ba able to move. But anyone who used to go to SF should already know the feeling.

Try to read the other post we already established that its a fri and temps is teen night(mistake) what are u crazy you dont think for a sec that they are going to pack that place. Even if they keep it right at capacity u still won't be able to move. Dont kid yourself all im saying is that you probably won't be able to move around and really enjoy yourself. Still im sure it will be a sick time!

I saw that after I had quoted your post.

I KNOW for a fact they wont go over occupancy, for a few reasons.

1. why would you over crowd your club when you will be under sever scrutiny and risk being cut short in the middle of the night think of all the revenue they will lose on bar sales.

2. I work the door at Merge. nuff said.

and there is also a second floor which has a large window that sees down over the dancefloor and has a nice soundsystem up there as well that will be feeding JP's music on both floors.