Clubplanet Nightlife Community

coming to miami-first time-best clubs?

bolts

Originally posted by bolts

cAN ANYONE TELL ME THE BEST CLUBS FOR HOUSE, TOP 40 (BULLSHIT, BUT COMING W/ FRIENDS)

THANKS

dv

Hey Bolts

While there are some amazing venues down here, I'm not sure that you'll be very impressed as I see that you are coming from Toronto...I can tell you first hand because I am from Toronto myself. You know as well as I do that some of the best performances and acts in the world can be found on College, Bloor and Dundas streets any night of the week. Not to mention their range in diversity.

Anyhow, when visiting miami you must go to Space, crobar, Mansion, Opium Garden, Nikki Beach and especially Nerve. These are clubs you have to go to for the "Miami experience". It's the Equivalent of telling a visitor to Toronto to visit Guverment, RPM, The Docks, Miss Saigon eTc. You know there are better smaller venues that may be more underground, but these are the places a visitor would feel more comfortable and would enjoy the experience no matter what.

If you have any ?'s Pm me

SS:D

Space isn't "underground". A 5,000 person capacity venue doesn't qualify in my book. They don't make any illusions as to it either from what I can see. It contributes to the local economy, and the nightlife scene in general. Having a multi-million dollar facility run by a multi-million dollar corporation is a big plus for nightlife, both in an economic sense, and in a political sense. Nightlife is under attack these days, and clubs like Space have the financial and polictical clout to stop stuff from happening, either by sheer presence or overt action. The city of Miami thinks twice before dicking around with Space, the loss of that club would be a devastating blow to downtown nightlife, which in my mind is poised to destroy the beach nightlife in five years.

I have no illusions about any nightclub in town. They exist first and foremost to make a dollar or two for their owners. Music and the party are a close or distant second depending on the venue. I'd like to think Space has music as a close second, but carefully balanced with the financial aspect of things. Space could not book your DJs alone, since there's not enough to break even on that night. You'll get a big-name DJ in the main room, and perhaps one of your DJs on the terrace. Wait a second, Cue plays on the terrace, he's one of your DJs! Amalia's always hanging out too obviously.

Large venues enable smaller venues to exist with a certain amount of profit. I explained to you before that the local fan base for dance music is small...a lot of people you see out are tourists, or from the local region. They come to Miami and make a trip out of it. Blue/Nerve/Privilege, then on to Space. They always plan for Space. Before it was The Spot ---> Liquid 1.0 ---> maybe on to Warsaw for an afterhours. Swap out Liquid 1.0 for Groove Jet for the musically inclined. Before that it was something to the effect of Lua ---> Paragon --->whatever afterhours existed then.

The point is, the big club acts as an anchor for the bulk of the clubgoing populace. Most people hit one major venue a night when they go out, and a smaller venue. Very few people go out just to hit a smaller venue.

I'm not saying you have to go to Space, I'm just trying to point out the fact that large clubs are a requirement for a city like this, and there's little to nothing you can do about it.

Regarding nightlife being under attack by local and higher government authorities... don't be fooled into thinking that Space is a large corporate entity that the government is afraid of. Space is one of the primary reasons why nightife is under attack. The bigger the club, the harder it is for security and surveillance of its patrons. I'll let you consider the consequences...

uhhhhhhh privilege is mostly techno and upstairs is house. but for house the best places are space-tribal(oscar) and prog house(roland)... and quarterly resident steve lawler (my fav house dj)

and nerve brings in the best house djs pretty much all year long

Originally posted by djss

Hey Bolts

While there are some amazing venues down here, I'm not sure that you'll be very impressed as I see that you are coming from Toronto...I can tell you first hand because I am from Toronto myself. You know as well as I do that some of the best performances and acts in the world can be found on College, Bloor and Dundas streets any night of the week. Not to mention their range in diversity.

SS:D

Thanks for the response. Haven't been to Toronto for a while? RPM's done I think, but anyway, you know and I know Toronto is one of the best places for nightlife. Guverment is one of the greatest venues. Realistically though, Toronto can't compare to a place like Miami, the difference is the weather, it's too fuckin cold here.

dv

Originally posted by Bling

uhhhhhhh privilege is mostly techno and upstairs is house. but for house the best places are space-tribal(oscar) and prog house(roland)... and quarterly resident steve lawler (my fav house dj)

:...:

too easy....

im not gonna dignify that with a response....

What is this? The "piss philippio off" thread???:mad:

Bling, you've pulled some fucked up shit outta your ass in the past but this one tops the cake!!! Privilege mostly techno! Come to Privilege this friday... Domingo and Dennis Rodgers from 112 Crew. Oscar Fonseca is not techno. Obby is not techno, Cianci is not techno. Saturdays are usually more techno at Privilege.

Lawler IS NOT a house dj!!! He is a prog dj!!! He used to be the "king of tribal..."

someone move this thread to drama....... oh wait dont do that its phillipio's board ugh lol

Sit down, strap in, shut up!

:D You have asked to be sent to Jonyquestonia (he didn't like the previous name so i changed it but it's still MY board).

In that board, "I DO WHAT I WANT!"

Originally posted by pod

Space isn't "underground". A 5,000 person capacity venue doesn't qualify in my book. They don't make any illusions as to it either from what I can see. It contributes to the local economy, and the nightlife scene in general. Having a multi-million dollar facility run by a multi-million dollar corporation is a big plus for nightlife, both in an economic sense, and in a political sense. Nightlife is under attack these days, and clubs like Space have the financial and polictical clout to stop stuff from happening, either by sheer presence or overt action. The city of Miami thinks twice before dicking around with Space, the loss of that club would be a devastating blow to downtown nightlife, which in my mind is poised to destroy the beach nightlife in five years.

I have no illusions about any nightclub in town. They exist first and foremost to make a dollar or two for their owners. Music and the party are a close or distant second depending on the venue. I'd like to think Space has music as a close second, but carefully balanced with the financial aspect of things. Space could not book your DJs alone, since there's not enough to break even on that night. You'll get a big-name DJ in the main room, and perhaps one of your DJs on the terrace. Wait a second, Cue plays on the terrace, he's one of your DJs! Amalia's always hanging out too obviously.

Large venues enable smaller venues to exist with a certain amount of profit. I explained to you before that the local fan base for dance music is small...a lot of people you see out are tourists, or from the local region. They come to Miami and make a trip out of it. Blue/Nerve/Privilege, then on to Space. They always plan for Space. Before it was The Spot ---> Liquid 1.0 ---> maybe on to Warsaw for an afterhours. Swap out Liquid 1.0 for Groove Jet for the musically inclined. Before that it was something to the effect of Lua ---> Paragon --->whatever afterhours existed then.

The point is, the big club acts as an anchor for the bulk of the clubgoing populace. Most people hit one major venue a night when they go out, and a smaller venue. Very few people go out just to hit a smaller venue.

I'm not saying you have to go to Space, I'm just trying to point out the fact that large clubs are a requirement for a city like this, and there's little to nothing you can do about it.

Who cares? :rolleyes:

The government doesn't fear Space, obviously. It's more of a matter of mutual respect. Space has taken major steps to combatting issues within it's doors, and also made it plain as day to the government that A)they ain't going down like that, and B)that they are the cornerstone of the 24-hour entertainment district project.

Obviously the government could march in one night and just shut the place down (or any other place for that matter...jack booted thugs could easily march into Blue and do the same), and outside of some sporadic sniper fire from a nearby abandoned warehouse, no one's gonna be able to do much about it. For now it is a symbiotic relationship...the government derives benefit from Space being there, and vice versa...the government really wants to fix up downtown, and Space's tax dollars and promotional efforts certainly help out.

As for your earlier argument about vibe and so forth, it is what you make of it. Frankly, I'll have a good time at places like Space, Blue or Nerve...as long as the music is reasonably suitable and the venue is technically up to par, I'm not gonna throw a fit. I have a blast every time I go out, pretty much no matter where I go. Not to brag but I tend to bring my own party.

I'm not suggesting you go to Space or anything, I'm merely wondering why you're carrying a grudge from last year. Hell, I had issues with crobar, nowadays I stop in from time to time to say hello.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Philip, thats an cheap reply to a valid point.

Dan's right. All these clubs have to be in some kind of balance.

Originally posted by philippio

Avoid Space at all costs... you'll be disappointed.

Nerve, Privilege (for really underground music on fridays and saturdays), Nikki Beach on sundays is kinda touristy, check out NV for afterhours friday nights... Luna is in fact closed. Crobar is nice but drinks are expensive and sometimes weak.

Space is still off the chain, Ivano's return to the Patio is this weekend so it will be EPIC! Crobar will be good on Sat aslo so hit Crobar @ night & Space in the Morning

Originally posted by pod

The government doesn't fear Space, obviously. It's more of a matter of mutual respect. Space has taken major steps to combatting issues within it's doors, and also made it plain as day to the government that A)they ain't going down like that, and B)that they are the cornerstone of the 24-hour entertainment district project.

Obviously the government could march in one night and just shut the place down (or any other place for that matter...jack booted thugs could easily march into Blue and do the same), and outside of some sporadic sniper fire from a nearby abandoned warehouse, no one's gonna be able to do much about it. For now it is a symbiotic relationship...the government derives benefit from Space being there, and vice versa...the government really wants to fix up downtown, and Space's tax dollars and promotional efforts certainly help out.

As for your earlier argument about vibe and so forth, it is what you make of it. Frankly, I'll have a good time at places like Space, Blue or Nerve...as long as the music is reasonably suitable and the venue is technically up to par, I'm not gonna throw a fit. I have a blast every time I go out, pretty much no matter where I go. Not to brag but I tend to bring my own party.

I'm not suggesting you go to Space or anything, I'm merely wondering why you're carrying a grudge from last year. Hell, I had issues with crobar, nowadays I stop in from time to time to say hello.

If you're not suggesting that I go to Space, then WHY THE FUCK do you care what I say about Space??? Do you think you're gonna change my mind?

Originally posted by pod

GO TO SPACE!

GO TO SPACE!

GO TO SPACE!

GO TO SPACE!

GO TO SPACE!

and

GO TO SPACE!