Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rokbar ...

marcodavalos

I doubt it. It looks like it will be one of those "faux-trashy" places, with trucker caps, West Coast Choppers t-shirts being worn by people Jesse James would sooner kick in the crotch than sell a bike to, and so forth. Christ, it's by the people who do Mynt, they're not gonna get real trashy. You're gonna see euro-trash (sorry Saleen) in trucker caps...oh joy.

Faux trashy sucks. Give me real trashy any day of the week. Those places already exist and have for years now. Your average dive bar has been around longer than some of us have been alive.

Not at all. I was 13 years old and I was staring at a 14" monitor and ranting about this newfangled thing called HTTP.

However, I have a good idea on what this place will be like. The bourgeios people will not lower themselves to true trashy. If I want a trashy place that plays old rock tunes, I'm gonna go to the Deuce...tried and true since before either of us were old enough to drink :)

Just being realistic here. I don't see this place being truly for the masses.

Originally posted by marcodavalos

That is why I said, I hope so ...

I'm iffy, but I hope so too! I love dancing to electronic music but I am a rock 'n' roll sweetie at heart!!! It's definitely not gonna be a dive (duh), but if they have good music then I'd give it a try fo sho.

:rock:

At the location where pump used to be ... 841 Wash, in a month or so a new place is opening

Lova Rock & Roll Lounge

www.lova.tv

This will entertain the masses. But without missing the point, this is a re-emergence ON THE BEACH of some much needed non-EDM alternative.

The venue is awesome, lets see what happens. I'm optimistic.

:cool:

The alternative is nice, for sure. What i loathe is the corruption of the original culture by those people. Jim Morrison would undoubtedly be spinning in his grave if Rokbar turns out to be what I think it will be.

"nonjudgmental"

"unassuming"

"Pabst Blue Ribbon"

Shoot, I would stop by except that I'm pretty dedicated to that Unrated party at Mansion. I *know* that is going to be a good time. Plus, no matter what they say, I bet they wouldn't let my ugly ass through the door.

Is Rokbar equipped to do live shows? I see for this opening party DJs, not bands, like I would expect. Any place that can bring down quality live acts (not that Zeta crap) to Miami gets a thumbs up from me, there is not nearly enough of that in South Florida in general, and certainly not in SoBe. However, I think Dan is on the right track with the "faux-trashy" idea. 90% of the people there will be wearing Von Dutch trucker hats & tshirts. The culture will not be "real." However, I really hope that I am wrong, for both of these places.

Originally posted by pod

The alternative is nice, for sure. What i loathe is the corruption of the original culture by those people. Jim Morrison would undoubtedly be spinning in his grave if Rokbar turns out to be what I think it will be.

Morrison don't give a fuck ;)

Originally posted by blondeboheme

oh my gawd the intro is playing that awful song by danzig (???)- "... and if you wanna find hell with me ..."- i haaaaate that fucking song!!!

:banghead:

lova lounge, hmmm, i'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

The name of the song is Mother, and actually brings back some good memories for me :cool: First Danzig tour, 1987, fuck yeah!

Originally posted by junkiexl

The name of the song is Mother, and actually brings back some good memories for me :cool: First Danzig tour, 1987, fuck yeah!

yeah that track rocks! I think it was originally done my Elvis, I might have to do a remix ;)