Clubplanet Nightlife Community

kitchen colors...

dgmodel

Originally posted by naughtybabe

Wood floors and perhaps a light blue color on the walls it gives

the idea that you have more space and hopefully you have a nice

source of light!.

i would think that wood flowers is not ideal for a kitchen. if there is a spill or leak.. and the floor gets wet.. then its ruined. best to stick with tile or linoleum (sp)

Originally posted by naughtybabe

source of light!.

ample light two windows facing north/east, so plenty of light... lite blue huh??? like a sky or ??? any examples??? you know men and colors, everything is blue, black or off-white/white...

Originally posted by nycchic24

when i was apt hunting.. one of my fave kitchens was stainless steel appliances with cherry wood cabinest with black marble counter top and red walls.

also i saw a lightwood or birch wood cabinets with blue walls that looked nice too

the cabinents that are there now, have about 84" of paint on them, theyre like the first cabinents ever made lol... i think they need to be refinished or maybe just replace them altogether...

Originally posted by nycchic24

i would think that wood flowers is not ideal for a kitchen. if there is a spill or leak.. and the floor gets wet.. then its ruined. best to stick with tile or linoleum (sp)

flowers huh~!? lol i know what you meant, but yeah the whole place has wood floors, i was thinking black tiles, and black counters... and paint the walls grey... but i think itll look very cold, and uninviting, the total opposite of what a kitchen should look like no???

Originally posted by dgmodel

ample light two windows facing north/east, so plenty of light... lite blue huh??? like a sky or ??? any examples??? you know men and colors, everything is blue, black or off-white/white...

Shop around see what feels right.. you might find an awesome

shade of blue but I would just suggest for it to be a light blue

like these...http://www.rlhome.polo.com/rlhome/products/paint/items.asp?haid=51&f=lp&start=0

Cedar Lake or maybe lighter or darker - the choice is yours! Good Luck!

stanless steel sucks...it's such a bitch with finger prints. what goes with it would depend on what mood you looking to achieve when u cooking...if you cook.

for a bachelor....darker colors....

for a couple neutrals--this way when u fight u have some tranquility

family...brightly or pastelly....=happy kids

i'm nutty....do what u feel. don't copy no one...or is not u.

hate when people bite off me.

as for me....i wouldn't go wif marble =water stains

granite is a harder surface...easier to keep...

black marble wif mauve specs....pretty gorgeous i thinx.....

but, has to be your personality....

don't like woods...why kill more trees?

oh, my place right now....looks like a shrine type museum dancers dressing room.....i got's the world in herez.

* my sis wasn't crazy about it...she said...it looks like your ganna tell someones fortune or something....i said yeah, that's the look i was going for. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just repainted my kitchen yellow and what a difference it made. My floor's are black/white checkered tile and w/ the new color makes the whole kitchen brighter. No window's in the kitchen and the yellow really brightened up the place.

My suggestion:

Black or dark grey on the floors and counter tops and a bright color on the walls. The lime green is actually a good idea as long as the shade is right. You want to stay away from anything with a dark under tone (more avacado).

stanless steel sucks...it's such a bitch with finger prints.

actually there are a lot of stainless steel appliances that are smudge proof.

and with stainless steel.....wood floors are pretty much a must. tile doesnt look too good.

I have a lot of steel in my house (not appliances....but exposed beams and heating ducts, etc) and tile floors. The steel and the tile clash really badly.

btw: now that i think about it....black and white checker tile might be a good idea....:)

the cabinents that are there now, have about 84" of paint on them, theyre like the first cabinents ever made lol... i think they need to be refinished or maybe just replace them altogether...

refinishing and repainting can save you tons of money...especially if you do it yourself

Stainless steel is man greatest invention, Well 2nd to the Fiero. I would paint it all black. With white tiles. Do some chrome pinstipews on the walls. You will need alot of light. Proper placement means everything. Without it, its going to look to dark.

From what I have seen (I watch alot of Trading Spaces)lol, they always go dark with stainless steel appliances. A light color on the wall will not do any justice to the stainless appliances. With that I would also go with a dark counter top (granite is the best). You could look at some of the reds, oranges, colors like that. It will give your kitchen a warm and cozy feeling.

Happy painting!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

kitchen should have nice natural colors....like lime, light greenish, light blue.

think of what you doing there - you cook....you gonna have fruits and vegetables and foods - it all should work together.

source of light!.

I think stainless steel is ugly, I like laquered appliances, ivory works for me...with black or brown trim.

Hate the look of metal....