Clubplanet Nightlife Community

kitchen colors...

dgmodel

• 3 weeks later...

probably the best idea is to take a look at those remodeling magazines for the kitchen and such , just to get a better idea....

i think that usually most ppl do dark cabinets and light countertops , or lighter cabinets and dark countertops. but there are so many options in the kind of cabinets and colors, : cherry, traditional, ivory color etc. etc. as well as countertops: formica, granite or marble, corian.

im going with stainless steel stove, dishwasher and refigarator... the counter tops are still undecided but the cabinets and woodwork will all be (third row from the top second to the left) in the area of that colour below... and the walls debating if it should be lime green or like a beige almondey colour like the dining room... i think im leaning towards making it all one colour... floors undecided, not sure if i should go tile or linoleum or actually do wood floors with a really solid coating... i dont know if thats even a possibility... but whatever the contractor is coming over tomorrow and another towards the end of the week so we'll see...

MahoganySamples-l.jpg

i wouldn't get wood if you have dogs, tho....they scratch it up running and sliding across it.

u know, met a guy from georgia over the weekend. do you know our dept of environment is doing a whole research project on SOIL??? he flew up here to test soil.....so, i said, for what on God's earth for? this country don't grow nothing...(especially NYC...WHAT SOIL?) All we do is cut stuff down...and now what...cuz a few people asked for wood flooring...they start testing soil in the area. I thought he'd do better down south...atleast there is still some peanut and tabacco growth...not much...but some.

Hardly any farms left, no factories left (except for Japan bringing some in), and hardly any dance spaces.....if they are trying to clear the country out to build more horse ranches for cowboys....they are doing a good job.

White flight outa America is not a bad idea. Just a nice climate and some nice beaches would do.

I say we go take back Africa......better continent...atleast stuff grows there.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh....running off on a tangent.

so i bought the appliances today.... stainless steel dishwasher, stove and refigerator... decided on doing a yellowish color for the dining room and a moss green color for one wall in the kitchen... with oak cabinets... red for the living room, beige and dark olive for the bed room... all cherry wood furniture... ill post the colors tomorrow... let me know if the comobos look good...

• 2 weeks later...
got a digicam? take some pics of the place

old kitchen:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31974

halfway new kitchen still need to stain the cabinets paint, and install wall tiles, appliances and grout the floors...

attachment.php?attachmentid=31984&stc=1

floors entire apt:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31975

floor tile kitchen:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31976

granite countertops:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31977

stove refigerator and dishwashwer:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31981

attachment.php?attachmentid=31982

half picture of living room: (still needs to be cleaned out and painted)

attachment.php?attachmentid=31979

half picture of bedroom: (still needs to be painted)

attachment.php?attachmentid=31978

floors halfway done kitchen:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31980

not that anyone really cares but ill post the end results upon completion... let me know what you think if it looks good or if its corny or what...

I care...please post. When I was designing my kit I became obsessed. ;)

Luv the granite (is that butterfly gold?)...I have violetta.

Only thing...Is that fridge fingerprint resistant...'cause with no handle...it will be a mess. Before I purchased my fridge I rented one from RAC, think it was maytag... (i know it was ridiculous but it was the summer and my old one died, we were vacationing and I simply didn't have time to shop around...lol) Anyways, I had the same style your pic shows and everytime I went to pull on the door the fridge would roll forward and I won't even get started on the smudges.

Anywayz...keep the pics coming...luv it...luv it! :)

yes the fridge is the "platinum" finish its a lil duller than the rest of the items because of the reasons you metioned.. but the rest are the regular standard stainless steel... as for the granite i dont know why the camera picked up so much gold its very very faint on the actual piece, its mostly black and grey (same color as the steel)... as soon as it is fully done and painted ill post the rest... i have to head on over there later today to pay the mofos... then i have to get painters to paint...

lol my mother said the samething, she said a friend of hers was getting the kitchen/bath redone and he saw an ad for contractors cheap labor good work the whole schpeel, and so he gets them, they come they destroy his house say the need money to get supplies and they never returned lmao...

but yea so they finished today two days over the deadline but thats cool... now i have to get painters and have to wax the floors and the granite... but all in all the shit is done and im extremely happy... new floors, new sink, dishwasher, stove, fridge, exhaust system, sink, cabinets, water piping (non of that pvc shit all realdeal holyfield metal piping... soon as its done ill post the pics... thanks for the interest... do you have any pics of yours and the process???

lol my mother said the samething, she said a friend of hers was getting the kitchen/bath redone and he saw an ad for contractors cheap labor good work the whole schpeel, and so he gets them, they come they destroy his house say the need money to get supplies and they never returned lmao...

but yea so they finished today two days over the deadline but thats cool... now i have to get painters and have to wax the floors and the granite... but all in all the shit is done and im extremely happy... new floors, new sink, dishwasher, stove, fridge, exhaust system, sink, cabinets, water piping (non of that pvc shit all realdeal holyfield metal piping... soon as its done ill post the pics... thanks for the interest... do you have any pics of yours and the process???

are you getting a water filter for the sink? just curious