Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UM and the NFL Draft

renzo2

So, out of the first 21 picks of the NFL Draft, 6 University of Miami players are chosen. :eek::D

That's a record for most number of players to come from one school in the 1st round. :clap:

Now onto my breakdown about the draft as a whole:

1) Eli deserved to get booed (but I'm glad it worked out for him in the end).

2) Sean Taylor is the ONLY player that I can accept Washington passing over Kellen Winslow for (but I would have liked to have seen a Portis-Winslow tandem in Washington).

3) I felt that Jon Vilma would be overlooked just as Portis was a couple of years ago in the draft, but I'm glad I was wrong as he was picked by the Jets early on. The Jets now have their inside LB man. I know Jon (a fellow finance graduate--hehe), and he is a class act too. :aright:

4) Carey is a good O-line pick-up for the Dolphins.

5) No RB's selected until the 24th pick--not a good year in talent from the backfield.

6) What's up with the Packers drafting Ahmad's and the 49ers drafting Raushan's? :blank:

P.S. Vilma will probably make more money than me though. :tongue:

P.S.S. I can't freakin' wait for the NFL season. :D

Originally posted by chaflas

So, out of the first 21 picks of the NFL Draft, 6 University of Miami players are chosen. :eek::D

That's a record for most number of players to come from one school in the 1st round. :clap:

Now onto my breakdown about the draft as a whole:

1) Eli deserved to get booed (but I'm glad it worked out for him in the end).

2) Sean Taylor is the ONLY player that I can accept Washington passing over Kellen Winslow for (but I would have liked to have seen a Portis-Winslow tandem in Washington).

3) I felt that Jon Vilma would be overlooked just as Portis was a couple of years ago in the draft, but I'm glad I was wrong as he was picked by the Jets early on. The Jets now have their inside LB man. I know Jon (a fellow finance graduate--hehe), and he is a class act too. :aright:

4) Carey is a good O-line pick-up for the Dolphins.

5) No RB's selected until the 24th pick--not a good year in talent from the backfield.

6) What's up with the Packers drafting Ahmad's and the 49ers drafting Raushan's? :blank:

P.S. Vilma will probably make more money than me though. :tongue:

P.S.S. I can't freakin' wait for the NFL season. :D

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

:tongue:

Originally posted by saleen351

Winslow, has a target on his back. Won't survive one season...

You've gotta be fucking kidding me! Anyone who puts a target on him him end up 3 inches deep in mud. That guy is the real deal and he well run-you-the-fuck-over. Why don't you go back to Jersey where football DOES suck? If everything is so great up there, do us a favor

I agree Carey can help the line, but I was hoping for Shawn Andrews. The Eagles moving up to get him not only broke my heart, it left me confused. They already have 2 pro-bowl tackles in Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan. Dolphins also got USC corner Will Poole who many believed has first-round talent

Guest saleen351

i guess you stuanads didn't see the comments the nfl guys made, when this dumb idiot called himself a soldier.....

On top of that 50% of all 1st round picks are busts.....

learn the game, pay attention, just because some idiot played for Maimi U-need to speak spanish versity doeosn't mean, he'll be great or good based on his blood lines.

i guess you stuanads didn't see the comments the nfl guys made, when this dumb idiot called himself a soldier.....

On top of that 50% of all 1st round picks are busts.....

learn the game, pay attention, just because some idiot played for Maimi U-need to speak spanish versity doeosn't mean, he'll be great or good based on his blood lines.

I did see it. I know everything that is going on in the NFL and with UM players. Trust me on that.

Kellen will not be a bust.

Nuff said.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

alright there Mel Kiper...let me see the article where u got that figure from:rolleyes:

did you watch the draft? I watched about 10 hours of it. This is a fact. Where can I dig it up? I have no idea, but mel kiper says it, so it's gospel...

did you watch the draft? I watched about 10 hours of it. This is a fact. Where can I dig it up? I have no idea, but mel kiper says it, so it's gospel...

did i watch the draft? ask meli...i was fawkin glued to it...and i highly doubt 50% of 1st rounders are busts...sharpen ur pencil Mel...:tongue:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by digital7

considering that Mel Kiper is mocked by all the GM's of the league

because, Mel forces those guys to shell out more money for certain players, and dictates what a lot of teams do. No one knows more about the draft than mel...

spics can't read..

where did I say UM sucks????????????????????????????????????

You make it seem like UM sucks...you bad mouth them, saying that they are gonna be busts, etc.

But then again you are just playing around, right? That's how you play your game? Post non-sense but it's all just playng around?

Originally posted by happyface

shut up cracker your jets aint going anywhere this year.

Lets Go Jets! lets see what happens Leo...:D. Good picks by the Jets to improve on defense, especially getting a UM Linebacker. Last two LB's from Miami, Ray Lewis & Dan Morgan. Could be a really good pick.

Originally posted by happyface

Enrique ! ! ! !Yo whats up you must be one or the koolest Jets fan I know....too bad your a jets fan though,when are you coming down to party? :cool:

DABEARS:cool:

Thanx...Too bad I missed you for WMC...but, bought my ticket and I'll be down there again for Steve Lawer. Can't miss it. Hope to see you then. :aright::D