Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck u Avalon

First off let me say that i used to go to Avalon at least twice a month so Ive dropped mad loot in there...i made my return last night to see my favorite DJ Darren Emerson...got there at like 12:30 saw no line so I went to get a beer at the deli on 23rd and 5th...went back at around 1:30 or so, there was about 15 people in line...get to the front and the jerkoff told me and my 2 friends who have all been there before that we were dressed to casual...meanwhile ive been there before dressed basically the same exact way...t-shirt, sneakers, jeans...ive seen people in there dressed with UFO pants now how the hell am i dressed down compared to that...not to mention im 24...lets be realistic...who the hell wants to get sweaty from dancing all night wearing shoes and a button down...the only reason i went there was to hear great music from my favorite DJ...i felt like i was 17 again trying to get into 21 and over spots...it was fuckin retarded...meanwhile half the kids in there didnt even know who Darren Emerson was cause they were 16 and over and probably only had enough money to buy 2 drinks...i swear to god man what kinda shit r they trying to pull there...u almost wanna argue with the guy but wheres it gonna get ya except for looking like a fool and getting ya more fired up...not to mention teh dance floor smells like hatian body odor from all the tourists that are in there...i dont know man im so fuckin pissed that im not going there anymore

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by joecrack13

First off let me say that i used to go to Avalon at least twice a month so Ive dropped mad loot in there...i made my return last night to see my favorite DJ Darren Emerson...got there at like 12:30 saw no line so I went to get a beer at the deli on 23rd and 5th...went back at around 1:30 or so, there was about 15 people in line...get to the front and the jerkoff told me and my 2 friends who have all been there before that we were dressed to casual...meanwhile ive been there before dressed basically the same exact way...t-shirt, sneakers, jeans...ive seen people in there dressed with UFO pants now how the hell am i dressed down compared to that...not to mention in 24...lets be realistic...who the hell wants to get sweaty from dancing all night wearing shoes and a button down...the only reason i went there was to hear great music from my favorite DJ...i felt like i was 17 again trying to get into 21 and over spots...it was fuckin retarded...meanwhile half the kids in there didnt even know who Darren Emerson was cause they were 16 and over and probably only had enough money to buy 2 drinks...i swear to god man what kinda shit r they trying to pull there...u almost wanna argue with the guy but wheres it gonna get ya except for looking like a fool and getting ya more fired up...not to mention teh dance floor smells like hatian body odor from all the tourists that are in there...i dont know man im so fuckin pissed that im not going there anymore

so did you get in or not?:confused:

it looks like you didnt but then you mentioned the horrendous odor permeating the dancefloor

Originally posted by silverbull

Why not come to spirit tontie and check out a house dj ROGER SANCHEZ. Maybe it will make you feel better.

i normally would be going but i have an agility test for the NYPD at 630 in the morning sunday

Originally posted by oldtimer

so did you get in or not?:confused:

it looks like you didnt but then you mentioned the horrendous odor permeating the dancefloor

That smell will always be there whether or not you are there to smell it. It's nauseating and, unfortunately, just as essential to the Avalon experience as the swaying asians and broken AC.

Hey Joe, sorry to hear about that man. The door policy makes no sense to me cause there are always dudes walking around who shop at Target exclusively.

If it's any consolation, I had a shitty time. Emmerson was ok. He had his moments but the energy just seemed to fizzle out. The place never really filled up, and it seems the crowd is getting progressively worse and worse every weekend. Even the guidos have been looking for another venue. I threw in the towel at 4:30, walk outside, and see some 17 year old girl in the back of a cop car. Just a lame night for me.

All in all, I should have stayed home and played parcheesi with my grandma and her crew.

i normally would be going but i have an agility test for the NYPD at 630 in the morning sunday

i took it back in october.. it's ajoke.. you can run it backwards and on your hands.. my advice.. bring shorts and stay for the mile run.. kill two birds with one stone

i took it back in october.. it's ajoke.. you can run it backwards and on your hands.. my advice.. bring shorts and stay for the mile run.. kill two birds with one stone

yea i already took it in december and passed but i have to take it again cause i didnt make it in the january class...NYPD was a last resort for me but now its looking like a reality considering how the corporate world is total bullshit and nowhere near what it used to be...at least with the PD ur secure, u have the best pention in the world and u can retire in 20 years...unfortunately i shouldnt have wasted my time breaking my ass in college for 4 years as an international marketing major and law minor...its also gonna make me miss my annual Ibiza trip this year cause none of my friends wanna go the last week of june...as of july 1st i cant go anywhere for 7 months...fuckin blows

avalon is way too fuckin shady with their door shit - i fuckin hate it - on a normal night they could do whatever the fuck they want i could care less but when they start to bring dj's and shit in they gotta fuckin lax the policy seriously

Originally posted by trance643

avalon is way too fuckin shady with their door shit - i fuckin hate it - on a normal night they could do whatever the fuck they want i could care less but when they start to bring dj's and shit in they gotta fuckin lax the policy seriously

on behalf of avalon (only for the sake of playing devil's advocate out of pure boredom at work) they have the right to have a dress code.. if you're that big of a fan of the dj you're going to see then throw on a pair of shoes.. it's not gonna kill you.. and also.. avalon doesnt have "normal" nights... they're bringing the world's best dj's in week in week out..

to joecrack...

good look with the test and pd.. but i thought you were in charge of an ER?? what happened with that?

im thinking of doing the fdny.. i took the written did ok on that (95) and i got 100 on the physical.. im waiting to hear back from them... it's been about 4-5 months now so i should be hearing any day now..

to joecrack...

good look with the test and pd.. but i thought you were in charge of an ER?? what happened with that?

im thinking of doing the fdny.. i took the written did ok on that (95) and i got 100 on the physical.. im waiting to hear back from them... it's been about 4-5 months now so i should be hearing any day now..

i still do it part time...full time pay sucks for the amount of shit u gotta put up with...im also a part time business analyst at my old company who hired me back...they offered to take me back full time but its so boring there and i really dont enjoy what im doing there anymore...pay was great for now but in the future i cant picture it being good when im in my 30's and 40's...plus financially they arent doing great...im a firm believer that if u dont enjoy ur job it doesnt matter how much they pay u...i also dont agree wit what u said about avalon but whatever man thats ur opinion...FDNY is the way to go man...i missed the boat on taking the test as i do with most things in life

jaybird8521-

u should really know what your talking about before u write something.... the reason the "girl " was in cop car was her friend had just been rushed to the er because of some idiots that can't contol themselves

joe - that's pretty stupid of Avalon - the place never got packed..not even close (which was good).

Why wouldn't they want as many ppl as possible?

I never get really dressed up - if anything I am casual and do wear sneakers (though they are black and look like shoes)

I had a great time and stayed till the very end.

As always, nice seeing fellow CP-ers ;)

First off let me say that i used to go to Avalon at least twice a month so Ive dropped mad loot in there...i made my return last night to see my favorite DJ Darren Emerson...got there at like 12:30 saw no line so I went to get a beer at the deli on 23rd and 5th...went back at around 1:30 or so, there was about 15 people in line...get to the front and the jerkoff told me and my 2 friends who have all been there before that we were dressed to casual...meanwhile ive been there before dressed basically the same exact way...t-shirt, sneakers, jeans...ive seen people in there dressed with UFO pants now how the hell am i dressed down compared to that...not to mention im 24...lets be realistic...who the hell wants to get sweaty from dancing all night wearing shoes and a button down...the only reason i went there was to hear great music from my favorite DJ...i felt like i was 17 again trying to get into 21 and over spots...it was fuckin retarded...meanwhile half the kids in there didnt even know who Darren Emerson was cause they were 16 and over and probably only had enough money to buy 2 drinks...i swear to god man what kinda shit r they trying to pull there...u almost wanna argue with the guy but wheres it gonna get ya except for looking like a fool and getting ya more fired up...not to mention teh dance floor smells like hatian body odor from all the tourists that are in there...i dont know man im so fuckin pissed that im not going there anymore

Same shit that happened to me and my boys, this was friday right?, was it a small lookin dude with nike's on, u should read my thread about him.

i still do it part time...full time pay sucks for the amount of shit u gotta put up with...im also a part time business analyst at my old company who hired me back...they offered to take me back full time but its so boring there and i really dont enjoy what im doing there anymore...pay was great for now but in the future i cant picture it being good when im in my 30's and 40's...plus financially they arent doing great...im a firm believer that if u dont enjoy ur job it doesnt matter how much they pay u...i also dont agree wit what u said about avalon but whatever man thats ur opinion...FDNY is the way to go man...i missed the boat on taking the test as i do with most things in life

how is the business field?? im a psych major right now and i pretty much have the only job a psych major can have.. it's allright now.. the money is decent and the benefits are excellent.. but i'm not where i wanna be at this point.. i wanna be making upwards of 50-55 a year... so i think this summer im gonna start taking nursing courses and then business once i finish nursing or visa versa.. go back for business, finish that and then start nursing classes while working in a business related field.. eventually i wanna be in nursing administration.. still have the pt. contact but you can leave the trenches when shit hits the fan and go barricade yourself in your own private office.. lol

im just wpndering if there's more money in business or nursing?? since you work in an er and a business firm im guessing you're the best person to ask.. i wanna start making the highest amount of money at the earliest time possible.. would it be wiser to go for nursing first or business?? thanks for info in advance...

dan

let me just help EVERYONE OUT HERE ok?

FUCK BIG NAME DJ"S it will always suck, Becasue of who goes there

you want to exp a fracxtion of what it was at limelight..

SUNDAY NIGHT @ AVALON

ITS GAY

BUT IT SOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT

and no one speaks of it cause its gay, and this is a Straight board preaty much........

fri-sat there is a fuccken TOOL SHED, you will have a better time at fucekn TEmps on the shore...... OK> LOL

THERE I DID MY NICE THING FOR THE YEAR

ol oly

i think lots of clubs have a dress code policy .. and many enforce it .. even though i totally agree with you . how on earth can you dance without your sports pants and skeakers ..

also .. they have double standards of teating girls and guys . but that is another story

so . here is the deal . u do what i used to do most of the time . i take my dancing clothes with me in a bag .. one of those backbags .. i throw in the sneaker . my sweat pants .. and dress up nicely .. once i pass the door . i go to restrooms and change ..

once u r in . no one comes and tells u about ur dress .. guraunteed ... so try that ..

dont feel bad .. i used to go to webster hall for many years and yet they never loosen up for one bit about the dress code policy .. so i thought of the bag trick

good luck with your dancing adventure

the MASK

one more thing .. it depends on when u go to avalon . or generally any medium to small size clubs ..

if u go kina early . then they are more felxible at the door .. since they are not full yet ..

if u go late . then the club is already backed and they dont care turning people away ..

something to keep in mind

the MASK

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Josh Wink was EXCELLENT! I enjoyed his set way more than Emerson's....and Im a Darren Emerson Fan :)

are you talking about Sat 5/1??? .. i thought the DJ was jimme van m .. not that i know him either

but in any case . the music was off the hook ..

i did not know that you went yesterday .. i did not see you .. hmm . where was i ??

peace

how is the business field?? im a psych major right now and i pretty much have the only job a psych major can have.. it's allright now.. the money is decent and the benefits are excellent.. but i'm not where i wanna be at this point.. i wanna be making upwards of 50-55 a year... so i think this summer im gonna start taking nursing courses and then business once i finish nursing or visa versa.. go back for business, finish that and then start nursing classes while working in a business related field.. eventually i wanna be in nursing administration.. still have the pt. contact but you can leave the trenches when shit hits the fan and go barricade yourself in your own private office.. lol

im just wpndering if there's more money in business or nursing?? since you work in an er and a business firm im guessing you're the best person to ask.. i wanna start making the highest amount of money at the earliest time possible.. would it be wiser to go for nursing first or business?? thanks for info in advance...

dan

if i could start over thats what i would do...let me put it to ya this way...the only positions in my hospital that arent on hiring freezes r RN's....not only that, they start out with $50,000 and thats for a city hospital....private hospitals make more....having the business degree will definitely help too cause then u can be the administrator...my mom is an RN and got her masters is public healthcare...now shes making ridiculous money especially for a woman as the Associate Director of Nursing for the ER...plus u know ur never gonna get laid off as a nurse no matter where u work...so i think that helps ya

joecrack13

Next time bring a bag with you gear. Go Dressed up to the door than change in side. That is what I am going to do at Spirit next week. Then on the way out in my tshirt and jeans I am going to tell the door guy to go fuck him self.

Originally posted by jaysea

let me just help EVERYONE OUT HERE ok?

FUCK BIG NAME DJ"S it will always suck, Becasue of who goes there

you want to exp a fracxtion of what it was at limelight..

SUNDAY NIGHT @ AVALON

ITS GAY

BUT IT SOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT

and no one speaks of it cause its gay, and this is a Straight board preaty much........

fri-sat there is a fuccken TOOL SHED, you will have a better time at fucekn TEmps on the shore...... OK> LOL

THERE I DID MY NICE THING FOR THE YEAR

ol oly

Temps at the shore BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!