Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lust4House @ BLUE: Review...

philippio

It's really hard to come up with the words to describe what went down at Blue last night... you definitely had to have been there to experience the magnitude of it!!! But I'll give it a shot for those of you who missed it...

You know that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you're listening to record after record of ear pleasing soul-drenched music? Oh what am I saying! Of course you don't; cause if you did, you would have been there last night! Everyone was playing from the heart and soul!!! It was just a multi-talented collage of dj's doing what househeads love best: spinning a set that just makes sense: pure and simple!!! There was no bullshit, no tribal bologna, no trance bollocks, none of that awfully dull progressive excuse for house music!!! I believe Cecil (I missed most of his set. unfortunately) played first and then JC (representing the uber-funky SanFran side of bumpy, squelchy house that I love so much) and then it was pretty much a back and forth between Jason Wiggill and Vaughan (that was my favorite part). The entire night was just a maelstrom of vocals, funk tinged house and the accapellas were droppin' all over the place like bombs!!! The Lust crew reinvigorated Blue!!! There was, of course, that minute or two where everyone was going sticker crazy with the Lust insignia... the rounds of Patron and Carisa and Yvette dancing on the sub with Cecil routing them on!!! And then Jimmy T bouncin' up and down with dj SS screaming "jump, jump, a little higher...house your body, house your body... say what?!?!?

Or maybe Lyrik gettin' down and dirty (and you know that if Lyrik's feeling the swanky vibe, it's one helluva party)!!! :D I had never heard Jason Wiggill before but he brought it on heavy :getdown: What I loved most, was when he was bringing the 'Paradise Garage' accapella in and out over a whole lot of different tracks throught the night with everyone chanting along! That little lounge at 222 Espanola got a real test drive of its speakers last night!!! I think the biggest surprise was Vaughan fired up behind the tables! I have never heard him play like that!!! And then he dropped that Armand van Helden classic on Junior and everyone was going nutzzzz!!! So that's my best effort to describe a tremendously sleazy night of ALL things house!!! Thank you Lust crew!!! Sheldon, you were sorely missed!!! Much respect to everyone who was there: CrzyC, norahmiami, djss, Jimmy T., mirza, JC & Yvette, Lyrik, Vaughan, Cecil, Jason Wiggill (bring him back :aright: ), coachjames & his girl, djrx06 (you shouldn't have bailed!) and ekitel...

:bowdown:

I unblocked you just to read the review. :D

Glad to hear the night went extremely well. Would've made it out but I was still suffering from a minor bout of food poisoning from friday afternoon.

Will try to make it next month.

Originally posted by chaflas

Yeah, that's all good and everything, but I didn't hear coke being mentioned not one time.

:laugh2:

Gabriel at the bar told me that they were all out so I was having rum & pepsi (doesn't have such a nice ring to it)!!! :(

Originally posted by philippio

Gabriel at the bar told me that they were all out so I was having rum & pepsi (doesn't have such a nice ring to it)!!! :(

Rum and coke doesn't have a nice ring either.

It's not a phone, bitch! :finger:

Great review of the event Philip! Had a blast hanging out with all you Househeads! I agree that my fave part of the night was the tag team with Jason and Vaughan...siiiick. They def had my ass shakin on the speaker box! ;) See you guys in a couple weeks! :D

BTW...JC, I do believe that you challenged me to an afterhours...you betta BRING IT!!! Im still CrzyC!!! :laugh::D

Originally posted by CrzyC

Great review Philip! Had a blast hanging out with all you Househeads! I agree that my fave part of the night was the tag team with Jason and Vaughan...siiiick. They def had my ass shakin on the speaker box! ;) See you guys in a couple weeks! :D

I can't believe that you won't be in town the weekend I will....

Originally posted by norahmiami

it must be Jeff Mills, cos thats who i am seeing next weekend.....;)

Ummm...no not Jeff Mills.

You will be in NY also? Very nice. BTW...it was great finally getting to actually talk to you last night.:D

Nick Warren? :confused:

You got it babes!!! Way Out West is performing at Avalon. Never been to NY so I am SUPER EXCITED about it! I get to hear my fave DJ in the city I have always dreamed of visiting and stay with one of my closest friends!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now back to topic...Blue was out of hand last night, please discuss...:D

Originally posted by CrzyC

You got it babes!!! Way Out West is performing at Avalon. Never been to NY so I am SUPER EXCITED about it! I get to hear my fave DJ in the city I have always dreamed of visiting and stay with one of my closest friends!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now back to topic...Blue was out of hand last night, please discuss...:D

You know of course that Avalon used to be Limelight :rolleyes:

THE Limelight... hangout of Michael Alig and the clubkids. Not sure what they've remodeled on the interior but definitely walk around and check out all the little nooks and crannies in the cathedral!!! Enjoy :D

Woo-hooo!! Great night and morning...I haven't stayed out all night like that in a looong time. Got home at 6:30 am woke up at 930am...painted half my house...started to rain so kept on painting in the rain. Got drencnhed decided what the fuck I'll jump in pool in the middle of the rain because I was soaked already...did that...got out went shopping all day and now I am delerious...I mean home.

Anyway back to Blue...awesome night of family vibes...and all lot of people showing up that I had no clue were coming out...very cool! Music was slammin...cecil warmed up nicely...then JC took over and kicked it up a notch to say the least. Best I have ever heard JC spin...hell...best I have ever heard Vaughan spin....and Jason Wiggil (dont think I spelled that right)...WAS INSANE! Phillip you are right on...the way he kept playing that accapella through out his set at the perfect moments was pure class and he fuckin banged it out hard by the end of the night...just sick! V was right about that guy. It was a very fun night and I can't wait for the next time....and someones gonna get bitch slapped for leaving bite marks in my chest....that shit was Crazy! :D

Originally posted by lyrik

Woo-hooo!! Great night and morning...I haven't stayed out all night like that in a looong time. Got home at 6:30 am woke up at 930am...painted half my house...started to rain so kept on painting in the rain. Got drencnhed decided what the fuck I'll jump in pool in the middle of the rain because I was soaked already...did that...got out went shopping all day and now I am delerious...I mean home.

Anyway back to Blue...awesome night of family vibes...and all lot of people showing up that I had no clue were coming out...very cool! Music was slammin...cecil warmed up nicely...then JC took over and kicked it up a notch to say the least. Best I have ever heard JC spin...hell...best I have ever heard Vaughan spin....and Jason Wiggil (dont think I spelled that right)...WAS INSANE! Phillip you are right on...the way he kept playing that accapella through out his set at the perfect moments was pure class and he fuckin banged it out hard by the end of the night...just sick! V was right about that guy. It was a very fun night and I can't wait for the next time....and someones gonna get bitch slapped for leaving bite marks in my chest....that shit was Crazy! :D

What are you talkin' about? Last time was just 2 weeks ago at Lush when we went to see Heather! Did you forget already? She finished at 4am but still, I'm sure by the time you got home it was 5am! :D

You know that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you're listening to record after record of ear pleasing soul-drenched house music?

Na bro , can't say I have .....Im usually :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: before that feeling falls upon me .

:blank: