Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bottle service killing the scene?

I think the key here is balance. A club is going is in the business to make money. At the end of the day, table service is going to provide a club with tons of $$$. At the same time, not everyone wants to sit around and drink a bottle of over priced vodka with a bunch of their friends. You need to have both to survive in todays market... gone are the days when hip club kids where all you need to have a successful club.

How do you convince Crobar and other clubs to hand over their cash cow “VIP†real estate, and give it back to the people who just want to hang out and dance?

This is NYC. We are an ever growing, money hungry society, and we have to flow with it or get run over by it. As for me, my girls and I get a bottle, dance our asses off, and never regret a dime we spent. In the end, it was worth it. I don't really drink alot, but having my own space to dance is what I am paying for. I know it's a lot of money to pay to dance but my girls and I have the best times and stories to share about our bottle service nites. My girls and I will party this way until we settle down and or move to the suburbs, or die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :pint:

I know you've all had that crappy feeling of asking the bartender for the tab at the end of the night only to be scared and shocked at how ridiculously high it is. Why not know what youre paying before you start drinking and a throw in a 100-125 before you sit down?

LOL Tabs are the devil.

How do you convince Crobar and other clubs to hand over their cash cow “VIP†real estate, and give it back to the people who just want to hang out and dance?

Bingo. These people are in business to make money. As long as the money keeps flooding in they will care less about the intangible characteristics of a sick party.

I agree w/ Lasix...I go out way too much to spend that kind of money. But I feel that bottle service lends itself to being people's "big nite out" every once in a while (assuming they can't drop that kind of scratch 3-4 times a week). That's fine, but that probably means a place that centers it's business on that aspect will not be drawing MUSIC fans, they'll be drawing DRINKING fans. I don't think I've ever consumed 10 drinks in a club before. I wouldn't be able to dance! (not well, anyway...) :)

And personally, I would feel trapped by having a table anyway. I spend most of my time on the dancefloor, or roaming the club saying hi to friends. It's when I'm in a place where ALL of the seating is reserved for bottle service that I feel the club is going overboard...just from a harm reduction standpoint, there should always be places for people to take a break and chill out from dancing.

I agree w/ Lasix...I go out way too much to spend that kind of money. But I feel that bottle service lends itself to being people's "big nite out" every once in a while (assuming they can't drop that kind of scratch 3-4 times a week). That's fine, but that probably means a place that centers it's business on that aspect will not be drawing MUSIC fans, they'll be drawing DRINKING fans.

This point has already been established. redundancy=flaw

Thanks for stoppin by. ;)

first off, to the guy who asked who wants to go someplace where not everyone gets in, the answer is me and many others. If I go out, I want at least some sort of dress code, and a guy at the door not letting in 90 dudes alone, or ugly people. Additionally, you will easily spend 100-150 a night easily, $8 beers, $10-12 for a glass of scotch x high tolerance = lots of cash. So if you and three buddies are out, it's cheaper to get drunk buying bottles than otherwise. That being said, I don't do it all the time, because sometimes I want to mingle and not be tied to my friends and the bottles we're drinking. But then again, I am one of those people who doesn't care about the music, I just go out to hang out, meet some cool people and drink