Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is more effective?

in order to get more cut...

running 15 min at a high intensity

or

running 30-40 min at a joggin pace (like most people do on a treadmill)

or

neither...suggestions...

15 mins high intensity

its not so much how many calories you burn during the exercise, but how many you continue to burn after you are done running. High intensity exercises will burn the most calories in the shortest amount of time. The best thing to do to get cut is wind sprints.

Most of its common sense though...look at athletes who run short distanc and those who run long distance ie. sprinters vs. marathon runners. Sprinters look all cut and have great physiques while marathon runners are all skinny and have no muscle tone at all.

Take your pick

15 mins high intensity

its not so much how many calories you burn during the exercise, but how many you continue to burn after you are done running. High intensity exercises will burn the most calories in the shortest amount of time. The best thing to do to get cut is wind sprints.

Most of its common sense though...look at athletes who run short distanc and those who run long distance ie. sprinters vs. marathon runners. Sprinters look all cut and have great physiques while marathon runners are all skinny and have no muscle tone at all.

Take your pick

:bounce:

i like that answer...i hate running...so the less time the better!!

stephen is exactly right.

But, 15 minutes will not work, unless you have already depleted your glycogen levels. This can be done in several ways, such as training before running, jogging for 15 or 20 minutes before sprinting, or even a low carb diet will work.

Nautica

Iamme is exactly right.

But, 15 minutes will not work, unless you have already depleted your glycogen levels. This can be done in several ways, such as training before running, jogging for 15 or 20 minutes before sprinting, or even a low carb diet will work.

Nautica

sweet :D

i lift for 45-75min before running...i figured that could count as my warm up.

diet is the main thing..

but i disagree with jon..

i think which every burns more calories is your bet..

but i could be wrong

you got the right idea, but you are wrong....and here's why

Calories consist of fat, carbohydrates, and protein....everyone knows this. The fact of the matter is the more calories you burn, the more weight you are going to lose....even though those calories WILL include fat, carb, and PROTEIN calories. Muscles consist entirely of protein which will burn with extended workouts.

What happens when you do long distance running (laymnans terms) is you first burn the oxygen in your lungs (5-10 mins into workout), burn newly invited calories (carb and fat 5-15 mins into workout), then burn body fat (15-20 mins into workout), then after that burn both muscle and fat. Just look at marathon runners, they are literally burning their muscle right off their bones and eating themselves alive, but they got quite the stamina.

What happens when you sprint is you immediately burn the oxygen in your lungs, usually in your first sprint (as can be told because you should be out of breath if you sprinted hard enough). After that, you will be following the same procedure as listed above, but you dont sprint 30-45 mins straight. You will get through maybe 10-20 100m sprints as hard as you can before you keel over, and what you are doing internally is burning fat, resting, burning fat again, resting, burning fat again....etc.

Same thing goes for high intensity, the thing is you DONT want to overtrain and take away from your muscles if your objective is to get cut. The ideal training for muscle definition is a random sprint/pace combination which can be verified by any trainer (of which I'm certified) or bodybuilder.

If you want to look scrony and tweekish, run a marathon

If you want to look cut, sprint

you got the right idea, but you are wrong....and here's why

Calories consist of fat, carbohydrates, and protein....everyone knows this. The fact of the matter is the more calories you burn, the more weight you are going to lose....even though those calories WILL include fat, carb, and PROTEIN calories. Muscles consist entirely of protein which will burn with extended workouts.

What happens when you do long distance running (laymnans terms) is you first burn the oxygen in your lungs (5-10 mins into workout), burn newly invited calories (carb and fat 5-15 mins into workout), then burn body fat (15-20 mins into workout), then after that burn both muscle and fat. Just look at marathon runners, they are literally burning their muscle right off their bones and eating themselves alive, but they got quite the stamina.

What happens when you sprint is you immediately burn the oxygen in your lungs, usually in your first sprint (as can be told because you should be out of breath if you sprinted hard enough). After that, you will be following the same procedure as listed above, but you dont sprint 30-45 mins straight. You will get through maybe 10-20 100m sprints as hard as you can before you keel over, and what you are doing internally is burning fat, resting, burning fat again, resting, burning fat again....etc.

Same thing goes for high intensity, the thing is you DONT want to overtrain and take away from your muscles if your objective is to get cut. The ideal training for muscle definition is a random sprint/pace combination which can be verified by any trainer (of which I'm certified) or bodybuilder.

If you want to look scrony and tweekish, run a marathon

If you want to look cut, sprint

thanks for the info..im actually gonna start sprinting now...what kind of sprints do you recommend?? and for a total of how many minutes on the treadmill..

But how does blood rate figure into this?? If your sprinting rather than jogging..doesn't your blood rate go high and then into the cardio zone (burning fat & muscle) as opposed to staying in the fat burning zone with just a light jog for 45 minutes?? I also want to hear rackhams response..i have a feeling he will disagree.

I think the best way to cut up is just eat sensibly..

thanks for the info..im actually gonna start sprinting now...what kind of sprints do you recommend?? and for a total of how many minutes on the treadmill..

But how does blood rate figure into this?? If your sprinting rather than jogging..doesn't your blood rate go high and then into the cardio zone (burning fat & muscle) as opposed to staying in the fat burning zone with just a light jog for 45 minutes?? I also want to hear rackhams response..i have a feeling he will disagree.

I think the best way to cut up is just eat sensibly..

eating sensibly and having the right diet IS the #1 most required component to getting cut...everything starts with your diet

as for sprints....100m sprints (1/16 mile on the treadmill) with a slow jog in between till you catch your breath is the best. 10-20 is all you really need to get you going, and with more repition and endurance increase the number of sprints, not distance. If you are on a treadmill, do the random selection or just increase the speed on your own......but best thing to do it is on a track. Theres one at Astoria Park

eating sensibly and having the right diet IS the #1 most required component to getting cut...everything starts with your diet

as for sprints....100m sprints (1/16 mile on the treadmill) with a slow jog in between till you catch your breath is the best. 10-20 is all you really need to get you going, and with more repition and endurance increase the number of sprints, not distance. If you are on a treadmill, do the random selection or just increase the speed on your own......but best thing to do it is on a track. Theres one at Astoria Park

yea i used to jog there..they fixed it up nice..

so you're saying a total of 20 minutes sprinting??

I still agree with you, Stephen.

But you are not factoring in glycogen, which I had mentioned.

If oxygen is unavailble, the body uses the glycolytic pathway for energy, which requires glucose but not oxygen. The body will utilize not only glucose from food but also from glycogen, which is stored in the liver and in the muscles. These reserves must be depleted before the body will utilize fat for an energy source.

This can be accomplished by the afforementioned methods.

Nautica

I still agree with you, Stephen.

But you are not factoring in glycogen, which I had mentioned.

If oxygen is unavailble, the body uses the glycolytic pathway for energy, which requires glucose but not oxygen. The body will utilize not only glucose from food but also from glycogen, which is stored in the liver and in the muscles. These reserves must be depleted before the body will utilize fat for an energy source.

This can be accomplished by the afforementioned methods.

Nautica

I completely agree with you. The idealistic scenerio is a warm up of a 15-20 minute jog and then your workout. I was answering either one or the other, sprint or long distance. Your warm up can even be a good lift if your doing that right

Have fun burning those FAT calories everyone

I completely agree with you. The idealistic scenerio is a warm up of a 15-20 minute jog and then your workout. I was answering either one or the other, sprint or long distance. Your warm up can even be a good lift if your doing that right

Have fun burning those FAT calories everyone

so if im understanding correctly,this setup would be fine:

Lift 45-75 min - basically my "warm up"

High Intensity Running for 15-20 ---> broken up into sprint/jog/sprint/jog etc.

or can i just run hard (not sprint but not jog) for 15-20 min?

so if im understanding correctly,this setup would be fine:

Lift 45-75 min - basically my "warm up"

High Intensity Running for 15-20 ---> broken up into sprint/jog/sprint/jog etc.

or can i just run hard (not sprint but not jog) for 15-20 min?

and lay off the cus-cus