Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end...*Info on Urban*

Just wanted to post this to inform everyone of the disbanding of Urban Promotions...

I know most of you probably dont care, but some do...* I hope*

this is just an update on what is going with us, and future plans...

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end…â€

I just wanted to clear the air with what is happening with myself and Urban. After a little over 3 years Urban Promotions is calling it quits. The end of Urban has been building for a few months now, and it is the right time to end it. Steve Daye is going on to pursue a career in a different field. And I will remain in the nightlife scene as well as focus a lot of my energy on my families business.

Urban has had an incredible run and I am honored to have been a part of and organized so many incredible events. In 3 short years we have done parties ranging from special events with John Digweed and Carl Cox to redesigning a photo studio and having a Global Underground release party for Lee Burridge,. It has been one hell of a ride and there will be more in store in the future.

I am forming a new company called East Side Productions with my friend Greg. We will focus on throwing more quality, music driven events and we will keep trying to enhance and further the scene in NYC. Stay tuned for more info on East Side Productions in the near future.

At this time I would just like to thank all the DJ’s, Agents, Record Labels, Venue Owners and most of all clubbers who have supported us and everything we have done over the years…it is appreciated more than you will ever know. We really devoted everything we had to Urban and hopefully you will all remember it with fond memories.

Sincerely,

Andy Zankel

Wow. Andy, Not to sound corny but you and all your hard work with Urban and promoting parties has definitely enriched my night life, and I'm indebted.

I'm sure your new venture will be a success....good luck and thank you!...

Hey what's goin' on on the 28th.. tell me where to go?

sorry to hear that brah! lookin forwards to yur east side parties! 1.

Just wanted to post this to inform everyone of the disbanding of Urban Promotions...

I know most of you probably dont care, but some do...* I hope*

this is just an update on what is going with us, and future plans...

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end…â€

I just wanted to clear the air with what is happening with myself and Urban. After a little over 3 years Urban Promotions is calling it quits. The end of Urban has been building for a few months now, and it is the right time to end it. Steve Daye is going on to pursue a career in a different field. And I will remain in the nightlife scene as well as focus a lot of my energy on my families business.

Urban has had an incredible run and I am honored to have been a part of and organized so many incredible events. In 3 short years we have done parties ranging from special events with John Digweed and Carl Cox to redesigning a photo studio and having a Global Underground release party for Lee Burridge,. It has been one hell of a ride and there will be more in store in the future.

I am forming a new company called East Side Productions with my friend Greg. We will focus on throwing more quality, music driven events and we will keep trying to enhance and further the scene in NYC. Stay tuned for more info on East Side Productions in the near future.

At this time I would just like to thank all the DJ’s, Agents, Record Labels, Venue Owners and most of all clubbers who have supported us and everything we have done over the years…it is appreciated more than you will ever know. We really devoted everything we had to Urban and hopefully you will all remember it with fond memories.

Sincerely,

Andy Zankel