Clubplanet Nightlife Community

they grow up so fast...

Kindergartener Reports Sex Acts In Class

May 21, 2004 3:10 pm US/Eastern

PHILADELPHIA (KYW) Several children are undergoing counseling while the Philadelphia School District investigates what happened in the back of a kindergarten classroom with a teacher present. Tamsen Fadal spoke exclusively to one of the students.

A parent called CBS 3 and recounted a disturbing story about sex acts in her daughter’s Fulton Elementary School classroom.

The six-year old came home from school she reportedly repeated an exchange between two boys in her kindergarten class telling her mom that one boy asked another to perform a sex act on him in exchange for a Sponge Bob Squarepants toy.

The child’s mother, who wished to remain anonymous, couldn’t believe it: “I was shocked at first. I almost crashed the car because it was too much to absorb at one time.â€

The girl’s grandmother, Priscilla Manzanet, recounts what was said: “If you suck my private - I mean he used that word - I'll give you my Sponge Bob."

â€The teacher talked to people and that's when they be doing it...and ever time she come over there they act like they reading a book,†the girl told Fadal.

â€It's just horrifying that this could actually go on in a school where a teacher was present in the classroom,†Manzanet stated.

The girl’s mother said when she asked what else happened her daughter told her: “A little boy went under the table, she had a skirt on that day, and touched her private parts.â€

The boy, she says, was one of the same little boys involved in the oral sex incident.

The family was told the boy was removed from class but claim that it didn't happen for a week.

â€We cannot expel a kindergarten child but even if we could have to do our investigation,†stated Fernando Gallard of the Philadelphia School District.

When the family asked if at least all parents had been informed they were told not yet.

â€You don't know who else is involved and I wouldn't want that to happen to anybody else,†the mother continued.

Fadal reports that it wasn't until the station began investigating that all parents were finally notified.

The children involved are getting counseling and the Department of Children and Family Services has been alerted. The school district insists it followed proper procedure and at least one child has been removed from the classroom.

http://kyw.com/Local%20News/local_story_142102152.html