Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which of Tenagalia's compilations are a must have?

That's true. I have seen him in the past at Space in Miami, Brazil/Ohm in the Hamptons, and at SF one Thanksgiving eve and he was great each time out!! The cds don't do him justice I know, but they are a tiny sampling of what he can do. You have to hear him live to see what he is capable of. I'm upset that I never got to see him at Arc but hopefully the 5 year anniversary party cd will be better than all his previous cds. I'm going to get some or all of these cds and will get that Arc cd whenever it comes out. DT is the man!!

i think every huge DT fan like me will say that none of his cds come even close to his best live sets-- seriously, not even close.

however, 3 cds suggest what he can do:

best: back to BASICS.

2nd best: gu london

3rd: gu athens.

but if u know dt from live sets, his cds will disappoint, or at least only hint at what he realy does.

having said that, once u hear back2 basics or london about 10-15 times, you WILL love them.

dt needs MORE live cds, ess. mixes, arc 5 year anniv, etc etc etc

given his status as one of worlds best djs, dt is one of the most UNDERREPRESENTED djs on cd ever.

Id like nother GU DT set but i hear its not happening.

coincedentally i just finish hearing the gu athens cd. And its a great cd both of them but its not the same dt experience from a club of course. Yeah some tracks ive danced to but its a tottaly different feeling most people know what i mean.

Very true... But that goes for every DJ/Producer. There live work is never represented in there Compilations. Unless of course it is a live set. And even then you do not get the same effect.

All I know is the Sets he dropped at the Tunnel were legendary. And his more recent sets ar Vinyl / ARC were incredible...

I can't wait for the Closing Party CD's!!!

i just got my hands on this cd today DANNY TENAGLIA "gag me with a tune" its from 1996 on twisted records.

" Gag Me " Is a classic. I bought that in 1997 when I first started getting into house music and was introduced to DT. I also own...

All Singles of his tracks and tracks he remixed...

GU ATHENS

GU LONDON

Back To Basics

Back To Mine

Twist This Pussy

Twist This Pussy II "Can Your Pussy Do The Dog"

Color Me Danny

Tourism

Choice Classics

Gag Me With A Tune

Shit what am I leaving out... Oh and the 25 Minute mix he did for the magazine.

He is overdue for some new stuff!!! :)

your missing HARD AND SOUL.

Had... Actually I need a new copy... Used and Abused... :(

Most of the CDs that I have were purchased twice. But then I decided to leave the originals in my house. Burn some copies for travel. Car, work, gym, etc...

So you are also saying that "Gag me w/a tune" and "Hard & Soul" are worth checking out? Would a Tower Records be a good place to start? These two compilations seem kind of old? I'll try to find them!!

i just got my hands on this cd today DANNY TENAGLIA "gag me with a tune" its from 1996 on twisted records.

hey of your a fan of his i say why not try to ge as many thingsas possible. Theres also a tape from 1993 thats called MAXIMIZE YOUR TRIBALISM its 30mins from the magazine at the time called underground news. Right now im listening to choices cd and i love it.

93, is very old school!! I doubt they have this tape anymore!! Anyways is I will try to look for these cds and then go from there!! Your collection of dance music is older than mine. I also taped house sets by Glen Friscia from the Palladium back in the day. That's mad old!! I should go listen to what I have. I hope I could still listen to them?

hey of your a fan of his i say why not try to ge as many thingsas possible. Theres also a tape from 1993 thats called MAXIMIZE YOUR TRIBALISM its 30mins from the magazine at the time called underground news. Right now im listening to choices cd and i love it.

btw.....I'll give you this advice, just go listen to him play out and dance away....no one will make you feel the music and not give a fuck like Danny

he's still my favorite DJ

This might be one of the greatest things ever said....His whole style is summed up in the phrase, And if you hear him live he will do exactly that.

btw.....I'll give you this advice, just go listen to him play out and dance away....no one will make you feel the music and not give a fuck like Danny

he's still my favorite DJ

That might be one of the greatest things ever said on this borad.....Danny's whole style is summed up in that simple phrase. And I couldnt agree more and if u do hear him live he'll do exactly that.

Not a bad price!! This is two see both? Sign me up!! When is this going down? Later in the year or this summer?

just bought ticket for dt/ cox at roxy

hope it will be one of the nights of the year :)))))

made charged $22.50 service charge incl UPS!!!!

$22.50!!!!